FE4 advice

Quirino

For a challenge, curiosity or dialogues, I'd say. But that's off-topic, indeed.

No, not really. It's just one particular user who's quite trigger happy whenever he finds something that clashes with his personal preference.

My advice is to just have the Elite Ring inherited early on and toss around whomever you want to level up if they're not doing too well for themselves yet. Of course, there are some promotions out there that yield better results than some, such Levin!Arthur's and Leaf.

Edited by Sirius

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not CARE about making the kids better; I care about KEEPING THE PLOT AND CANONITY INTACT.

And canonity says that Corpul existed, meaning that Sylvia had kids. So that means Sharlow and Laylea never joined Celice.

Does it occur to you that no one here cares about your already retarded statement? And that no one likes seeing all caps? In fact, Kamui already mentioned that this topic was meant for advice on getting better kids, not on making sure canon is preserved. So you basically have no comment here.

And I don't care about the Elite Ring being unavailable; I train my units well without having it. I've done several playthroughs like that, and most of my Celices, Yurias and Tinnies were promoted by Chapter 10.

You might be fine with not having it for roughly 75% of the second generation, but most of us want Celice or Leaf promoted in a reasonable timeframe(and I needed the Elite ring for a few other things too, like getting Tinny and Patty to promotion level.) And if you REALLY want Corple to have Paragon, I have a good fucking idea for you: Pair Sylvia with Lex. Problem solved. Not that I recommend pairing Sylvia with anybody besides Claude, and besides, other kids want Lex as a father, like you know, fucking Ska and Lakche.

I get my Celice AND Leaf to promotion after my arena dominations at the start of Chapter 10. That is how I solve that problem. After that, Leaf is easy to get to Level 30 just by giving him a reserve staff and tornado tome. For Tinny, she's already awesome enough with Pursuit, Continue, Wrath and broken magic growths (From Azel. YES I SHIP THEM). And Celice is mounted with a Javelin, which is self-explanatory. And I pair Sylvia with Claude so as to keep the Blagi bloodline alive. In cases of gameplay, I pair her with Alec so I don't have to trade the elite ring, along with the fact that he gives the kids Pursuit and Nihil (easier to let them survive when against Yurius, who has Wrath). I don't like using the subs, it makes me feel inadequate.

And for your info, i DO pair Ayra and Lex. They're pretty much Hector X Lyn (WHICH I ALSO SHIP)

BTW, I don't rely on Holsety as a crutch, unlike all of you. That's why I pair Levin with Fury, since 1: It's canon, and 2: Sages are better than Mage Knights. When I want a job done, I rely on Lakche and Shanan, NOT on the Holsety character. The only time I used Sety for a delicate situation was against Ishtar in Chapter 10, as the other option was Yurius killing someone. I never really used Sety that much, only as a last resort for defending castles, along with being a healer and silencer.

These are my preferences, and if you think I'm retarded, then just fire away, because I will go down with this ship no matter how tough it gets to stay on it.

Edit: Really, what is speed of promotion compared to stats? In FE10, would you prefer a level /10/20 Astrid with paragon over a /20/10 Shinon with Blossom? With Linda and Sharlow, all you get is a rushed promotion, but with Tinny and Corpul, they have impressive stats that makes them useful in mainstream combat.

Edited by Trueblade74

If your primary use for Sety is healing and statusing, then LevinFury is a complete waste. ClaudeFury would suit your needs much better, thanks to improved Magic growth and A staves.

It's silly to breed a nuke and leave him in the sidelines.

No, it's silly to rely on a Disc One Nuke for a Crutch. I said I USED Sety, but I don't abuse him like all of you do with Arthur! Overusing an incredibly powerful character instead of using the multitude of other people is like using your prepromotes and Jeigans/Oifayes for everything; good in the start, but will mean the death of you if you give overreliance in it.

EDIT: Also, these are the growths of Sharlow compared to Corpul with Claude as his father:

[spoiler=Growths]Sharlow:

HP: 70

Str: 10

Mag: 50

Skl: 20

Spd: 20

Lck: 30

Def: 10

Res: 30

Corpul (Claude):

HP: 90

Str: 15

Skl: 25

Spd: 35

Lck: 60

Def: 25

Res: 60

You can obviously see the winner here.

Edited by Trueblade74

No, it's silly to rely on a Disc One Nuke for a Crutch. I said I USED Sety, but I don't abuse him like all of you do with Arthur! Overusing an incredibly powerful character instead of using the multitude of other people is like using your prepromotes and Jeigans/Oifayes for everything; good in the start, but will mean the death of you if you give overreliance in it.

EDIT: Also, these are the growths of Sharlow compared to Corpul with Claude as his father:

So they both lose? At least that's what I'm seeing!

BTW, I don't rely on Holsety as a crutch, unlike all of you. That's why I pair Levin with Fury, since 1: It's canon, and 2: Sages are better than Mage Knights. When I want a job done, I rely on Lakche and Shanan, NOT on the Holsety character.

So Lakche and Shanan aren't a crutch because...?

Edited by Parasect's Meaty Chip

Except that overreliance on holy weapons doesn't penalize you in any way in FE4. Unless you're trying to rank.

Corpul (Claude):

Magic is their only relevant stat since they're heal/statusbots. Growth is the same. Sharlow has Elite (which makes little difference since lolReservespam, but you seem to like it to the point of making the Elite Ring Corple's Prf) and gets an extra gimmick and a hot sister. Indeed, the winner is obvious.

*sobs*

Corpul obviously has better growths! Would you rather have more exp over more growths? I swear, I'll have a mental breakdown if you choose exp!

...never mind. Just don't always rely on the mounted or stronger or Paragon having units to do everything for you.

It's one thing to rely on them, it's another to throw resources out of the window because of personal preferences and to recommend that to others as well.

*sobs*

Corpul obviously has better growths! Would you rather have more exp over more growths? I swear, I'll have a mental breakdown if you choose exp!

Well, that +5% STR growth is certainly not helping Corple at all, I tell you.

...never mind. Just don't always rely on the mounted or stronger or Paragon having units to do everything for you.

Why not, if they get the job done?

BUT I LIKE TO DO IIIIIIIIIIIT!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Also there was a noticable 20% better hp growth, along with better speed, luck and resistance.

And once again, this matters for a staff bot because...?

*sobs*

Warp, Recover, Return, Rest, and effect staves don't need growths, the user wants EXP so they can get Rescue and Reserve faster.

And why not? If you have stronger characters, why bother with crap like Corple and Hannibal? Rana comes earlier, and may of already promoted by now. Rana>>>Corple.

Also there was a noticable 20% better hp growth, along with better speed, luck and resistance.

Wow. Can you go do something more productive than being a baby in an advice thread? Please?

I have a feeling this Trueblade74 fella is gonna be a "boss from hell" a few years down the road. He has the "talent".

Technically, no one is telling him to deviate from his own way. However, people do not like misinformation(unintentional intent) or sloppy advice being propagated to others; these "others" usually just want to make sure they'll get through the game with little trouble.

You want to give the Elite Ring to Corple and let the other guys get to promotion later? Fine. But you're way is not necessarily optimal way.

You want to play the game slow and make it more difficult for yourself with using Shanan to distract Julia? Go on right ahead. However, do realize that it's not the ONLY way nor necessarily the BEST way to deal with it, even though you would have never figured out the other way(use Celice as bait and probably not worry about any damage).

I just like people doing my way and agreeing with me. THAT WAY IS THE ONLY WAY.

...k, i'll calm down, then.

:facepalm: Except it isn't the only way. FE4 is customizable, there's several different ways.

I get my Celice AND Leaf to promotion after my arena dominations at the start of Chapter 10. That is how I solve that problem. After that, Leaf is easy to get to Level 30 just by giving him a reserve staff and tornado tome. For Tinny, she's already awesome enough with Pursuit, Continue, Wrath and broken magic growths (From Azel. YES I SHIP THEM). And Celice is mounted with a Javelin, which is self-explanatory. And I pair Sylvia with Claude so as to keep the Blagi bloodline alive. In cases of gameplay, I pair her with Alec so I don't have to trade the elite ring, along with the fact that he gives the kids Pursuit and Nihil (easier to let them survive when against Yurius, who has Wrath). I don't like using the subs, it makes me feel inadequate.

And for your info, i DO pair Ayra and Lex. They're pretty much Hector X Lyn (WHICH I ALSO SHIP)

BTW, I don't rely on Holsety as a crutch, unlike all of you. That's why I pair Levin with Fury, since 1: It's canon, and 2: Sages are better than Mage Knights. When I want a job done, I rely on Lakche and Shanan, NOT on the Holsety character. The only time I used Sety for a delicate situation was against Ishtar in Chapter 10, as the other option was Yurius killing someone. I never really used Sety that much, only as a last resort for defending castles, along with being a healer and silencer.

These are my preferences, and if you think I'm retarded, then just fire away, because I will go down with this ship no matter how tough it gets to stay on it.

Edit: Really, what is speed of promotion compared to stats? In FE10, would you prefer a level /10/20 Astrid with paragon over a /20/10 Shinon with Blossom? With Linda and Sharlow, all you get is a rushed promotion, but with Tinny and Corpul, they have impressive stats that makes them useful in mainstream combat.

You do realise that Celice is one of your best earlygame offensive units due to inheriting Sigurd's 50+ kill Silver Sword, right? Promoted Celice means you can actually charage through enemies faster and make life easier for yourself, since he's going to be nuking every 1~range unit to hell with it. Celice never wants a Javelin because it murders his AS, and if you really are desperate for 2~range he can inherit a ranged sword. Tinny's never getting anywhere to fight in the first place bar Leg Ring, but the 3 Odo kids want it more. Also, Sylvia's kids are never fighting, so why bother with Pursuit and Nihil at all?

The whole point of LevinFury is to make a boss Sety. This boss Sety is meant to walk into a group of enemies with Holsety, let you get a soda and come back with him still alive. Healbot Sety is a complete waste.

FE10 has beorc that go to 60 levels, FE4 has units that get to 30. Corpul can' get to a fighting condition in the first place without Reserve abuse, and I've already talked about Tinny.

Corpul (Claude):

Not everyone abuses Arthur here, so get your damn facts straight. Also, the only downside to Arthur + Holsety spam is an underleveled Celice and Aless, but you supposedly have your amazing arena skills so it'll work out fine!

Both suck anyway, but Sharlow has a staff that may actually see use.

*sobs*

Those growths mean jack shit when their only use is to do ... nothing. Also, both aren't exactly good, the main thing I'd pick is bases.

I'd normally retort that first part but dammit I've already been warned once and I'm not going for 2 in 2 days.

Means nothing. You can Reserve spam, but Reserve would rather see actual use. Even promoted, Corpul will not even be able to REACH enemies to fight.

What do you mean, "boss from hell"?

I just like people doing my way and agreeing with me. THAT WAY IS THE ONLY WAY.

...k, i'll calm down, then.

That is not the only way. Another way is to fuck the canon pairings (Except LevinFury and LexAyra) and march forth with a fucking kickass army, instead of a team of canon failures.

"Canon Failures"?

My Azel Tinny destroyed anything she fought, and both parents were never promoted! You call that failure?

As for the Ulir kids...well, they were somewhat in between, but at least Holyn's Luna helped Patty out in the arena.

And...I admit, I just had Oifaye and Lester kill everything in Chapter 6. I didn't want to use the Silver sword that much because...well, I don't know why anymore. I guess I just didn't want over-reliability. So I guess I'll try doing more than one playthrough of FE4, then...

...I just wanna break down into tears right now...

I do not CARE about making the kids better; I care about KEEPING THE PLOT AND CANONITY INTACT.
You have placed a great burden upon yourself.

As for gamers like me, I quote Brad Whitaker as he talks about his portrayal of a historical battle on a table top where the outcome is different: "I am playing out this battle the way I would have." I don't remember everything he says but it's kind of the same thing here. We just want to win, and this thread is about helping someone else become better at winning.

"Canon Failures"?

My Azel Tinny destroyed anything she fought, and both parents were never promoted! You call that failure?

As for the Ulir kids...well, they were somewhat in between, but at least Holyn's Luna helped Patty out in the arena.

And...I admit, I just had Oifaye and Lester kill everything in Chapter 6. I didn't want to use the Silver sword that much because...well, I don't know why anymore. I guess I just didn't want over-reliability. So I guess I'll try doing more than one playthrough of FE4, then...

Arthur usually only sees use with Holsety, and Tinny can't even attack anything because lolmove. No one cares about being too over-reliant on units anyway, if Sety can solo the game from his join time to Final, then why the fuck do you not do so?

Oops, maybe I was too hard.

=/

Edited by JBCWK

"Canon Failures"?

You are contradicting yourself enormously here IMO

You say what you care for most is to keep the canon and such intact, but yet you do Holyn x Briggid? Which is a kickass pairing but about the least canon it gets? You confuse me.