A FE8 hack I've been thinking about...

ThatGuyDownTheStreet

So you're all probably wondering what this is about. Well this is about when I made that poll saying which game would be the base, and since FE8 had the most votes I figured I'd do a FE8 hack.

What might you expect within the hack:

-Some custom events

-a lot of custom maps

-new weapons

-nomads and nomadic troopers

-FERD vulneraries

-using AS for weight instead of constitution

-Having some weapons make more sense (e.g. silver sword being heavier than the steel sword, steel axe being D rank, flux being E rank, etc.)

-possibly new classes (I'm still thinking about this one)

-Canto

-custom characters (obviously...)

-some characters from other games

-some custom animation

-thieves, rogues, and assassins will now use knives (they'll under the bows section)

-no branched promotions

-and other stuff that I can't think of right now

Oh also, Crimea River of the SoS forums was right, those characters for the poll was for a hack.

The top 4 people to be picked were

-Volke

-Naliah

-Generic Peg. Girl(She'll be called Jewels within the hack)

-3-13 Archer

These people will be playable within the hack, here's when they'll appear:

-3-13 archer will be in chapter 1 replacing Gilliam

-Jewels(Generic Peg. Girl) will be in chapter 2 replacing Vanessa

-Naliah will be in chapter 10 of (person replacing Ephraim)'s route and in ch.15 replacing Duessel

-Volke will be in ch.14 replacing Rennac

The bottom 4 people are:

-Gonzales

-Tormod

-Uncle Jan

-Khezda

These guys are all enemies

Here's who they replace:

-Gonzales replaces Selena

-Uncle Jan replaces Valter

-Tormod replaces Riev

-Khezda replaces Calleach

So I hope you'll follow this hack because there's going to be a lot coming down the way.

Screenshots coming soon!

Patches coming soon!

Edit: So for the switchig poll here's what'll happen:

Yes:I will be able to do custom events much easier and other stuff as well, if you would like I will put anything that has been discussed in the hack such as great knights

No: this means you like the idea of this hack being in FE8 and you don't care too much for events so long as there's at least some.

Edited by ThatGuyDownTheStreet

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volke alone would make this hack worth playing. just make him an assassin, NOT a rouge. force colm to go rouge(assuming he stays), so you can raise the assassin STR cap to 23/24.

I definately would like to play this. it sounds interesting.

Alternatively just raise the Assassin caps anyway because they're meant to be combat units.

I understand what you guys mean, I'm in fact actually going to make somewhat custom caps for the assassin class.

I would never in my right mind or under my own free will make Volke a rogue, that's just too cruel for anyone.

I'm also raising the rogue str cap a bit like to 22/23

Also Volke will be the only assassin in the game.

Anyway thanks you guys for posting.

How's Nailah going to work? Dragonstone-ish, or always transformed?

Good question, I was thinking that all the laguz would have a new item I'm creating called the laguz orb, which is pretty much like a dragonstone but with infinite uses. This way people won't argue with me about having laguz being terrible in the game.

Update Post!

So here's the progress for the hack so far:

FireEmblem-theSacredStonesGBA.png

So yeah I inserted the portrait for the main character but I haven't thought of the name for the main character quite yet, I didn't show the entire portrait because I inserted the frames wrong so I'm going to re-insert it later.

I also edited the weapons to make the weight of the more acustom to this hack and made some other minor edits to weapons.

What I have thought of between the time that has gone by:

-There will be two third tier classes within the game, the Great Knight and a made-up class called the Grinder

-Paladins will promote to Great Knights and Berserkers will promote to Grinders

-I won't have map and event changes for the prologue, but I will have map and event changes for chapter 1

-Ross and Amelia will appear in the hack as enemies

-The dialogue of the hack will be similar to Bink's Emblem (sorta laidback) though proper grammar will be ensured for the most part

-Though Gonzales is an enemy at first, he will be recruitable later on in the game

-New classes that will be in the hack are the armor mage, armor sage, magical summoning tents, grinder, halberdiers (like the ones in FE9 and FE10), and possibly some other classes

-Snipers, Assassins (this is because of Volke), and Halberdiers have +15 crit

-Uncle Jan will be a Warrior and not a Berserker

-Some new weapons and weapons that will be in the hack: iron, steel, and silver greatlances and poleaxes, zabuza sword, elthunder (possibly), stiletto, making the battle axe be like an axe version of the wo dao, etc.

There will be much more to come for this hack so keeping watching this thread!

Thanks for your time!

Just some thoughts of my own first:

Personally only have two tier 3 classes will be broken, those units with the capability to go 3rd Tier will have such great potential to max stats as apposed to the rest of team...Thusly they shall always be used as gods.

Take GhebFE into account when it comes to 3rd Tiers (How broken it is, even though I love it XD )

Also I understand the thought of promoting Pally's again, but into Great Knight I don't think so...

Pally's are supposed to be fast and skilled where G-Knight's are slow, strong and defensible.

I think a better thing would be is maybe separating cavaliers into Sword Cav and Lance Cav with each promoting into Great Knight and Pally respectively.

That would at least allow you some more choices on who you use, instead of ZOMG A CAV HE'LL BE A GOD!!1!!

Any chance of making Thunder effective against Wyverns, ala FE10.

Also any chance of separating the Mage Knight class into it's own class thing, like: Horseback Mage -> Mage Knight.

Same with Wyvern Knight? Eg: Wyvern Paige -> Wyvern Knight.

And my last idea how about removing the monsters, maybe leaving a couple behind (Mouthe Doug's are awesomesauce!)

and making it just people?

This way you can have alot more story-line development space/class space to use.

Otherwise I like some of the idea's you are making mate!

Edited by Chaotic_Soma

That's exactly what I meant by giving the laguz orb infinite uses.

that post was meant for 326, not you.

Hm, i'm not sure I like the whole 3 tier thing. My suggestion would be to get rid of great knights altogether, in favor of importing the paladin axe animations. I'm not saying great knights are bad, but they seemed kinda pointless, and taking axes from paladins made it feel like I was being forced to use GK's(which I still never do).

everything else sounds good so far, but why the hate for Ross and Amelia? You do know that by hacking, you can make them not suck, right? Same with Ewan.

Just some thoughts of my own first:

Personally only have two tier 3 classes will be broken, those units with the capability to go 3rd Tier will have such great potential to max stats as apposed to the rest of team...Thusly they shall always be used as gods.

Take GhebFE into account when it comes to 3rd Tiers (How broken it is, even though I love it XD )

Also I understand the thought of promoting Pally's again, but into Great Knight I don't think so...

Pally's are supposed to be fast and skilled where G-Knight's are slow, strong and defensible.

I think a better thing would be is maybe separating cavaliers into Sword Cav and Lance Cav with each promoting into Great Knight and Pally respectively.

That would at least allow you some more choices on who you use, instead of ZOMG A CAV HE'LL BE A GOD!!1!!

Any chance of making Thunder effective against Wyverns, ala FE10.

Also any chance of separating the Mage Knight class into it's own class thing, like: Horseback Mage -> Mage Knight.

Same with Wyvern Knight? Eg: Wyvern Paige -> Wyvern Knight.

And my last idea how about removing the monsters, maybe leaving a couple behind (Mouthe Doug's are awesomesauce!)

and making it just people?

This way you can have alot more story-line development space/class space to use.

Otherwise I like some of the idea's you are making mate!

that post was meant for 326, not you.

Hm, i'm not sure I like the whole 3 tier thing. My suggestion would be to get rid of great knights altogether, in favor of importing the paladin axe animations. I'm not saying great knights are bad, but they seemed kinda pointless, and taking axes from paladins made it feel like I was being forced to use GK's(which I still never do).

everything else sounds good so far, but why the hate for Ross and Amelia? You do know that by hacking, you can make them not suck, right? Same with Ewan.

You can have axes on both Pallies and GKs :E

My hack does that.

To Everyone: I guess I understand what you guys are saying about the 3rd tier promotions and how it's not the best idea, so I think I'm going to forget about that idea.

So here's the idea I thought about how Paladins and Nomadic Troopers will work:

So basically there will be sword knights, lance knights, axe knights, and nomads. I decided to make an interesting way to have them have which weapon upon promotion. Here's a diagram showing how it'll work:

portrait2-2-1.png

Oh BTW when it says something like Lances gain Bows it means that it was lance knight gaining bows upon promotion to a paladin.

To Chaotic Soma: I can make Thunder and Bolting effective against wyverns and make a unpromoted ver. of the mage knight, though I'll probably call it a Mage Mount. I'll think about the Wyvern Paige. As for Monsters I already had plans to replace them but I know a lot of people like Mauthe Dogs (and by a lot I mean 2 XD ) so I'll keep them in there.

To Claude: I actually think of the trainees as really good units, but actually the thought of making Ross and Amelia enemies was actually inspired by watching Seph's FE4R prologue video when they try to chase down Trent and Nicki. You'll see what I've got planned for them in ch.1. I'm thinking of making Ewan playable though.

To Seph: Good to know that works. I'm assuming you took out the female palette of the generals and put in the paladins instead.

Edited by hithere1

Hmmm four units seems a bit overkill also with the Lance/bow wiedling Pally, that will effectively make me not want to use Nomad Troopers now as the Mounted Archer archtype would be replaced with him now...

The main reason I personally use Nomads are because they are the only mounted Archers...

Unless you can make a surefire way of making them all "special"

Because for example the Axe Knight seems sorta.. pointless XD

I'd just have it:

Sword Cav.-> G-Knight (Gains Lances upon Promo) -Less Movement as per usual

Lance Cav. -> Paladin (Gains Axes upon Promo) -More Movement

Nomad -> Nomad Trooper (Gain's Swords upon Promo)

And hmm *thinks* Maybe make a new Axe class:

Axe Cav. -> Raider (Gains steal upon Promo) -Crit Bonus?

That female general palette is actually the same animation :U

There aren't actually two, it's just listed as such.

I just replaced some of the monster animations, and then used the custom animation module to make the pally animation with swords/lances/axes into one.

Hmmm four units seems a bit overkill also with the Lance/bow wiedling Pally, that will effectively make me not want to use Nomad Troopers now as the Mounted Archer archtype would be replaced with him now...

The main reason I personally use Nomads are because they are the only mounted Archers...

Unless you can make a surefire way of making them all "special"

Because for example the Axe Knight seems sorta.. pointless XD

I'd just have it:

Sword Cav.-> G-Knight (Gains Lances upon Promo) -Less Movement as per usual

Lance Cav. -> Paladin (Gains Axes upon Promo) -More Movement

Nomad -> Nomad Trooper (Gain's Swords upon Promo)

And hmm *thinks* Maybe make a new Axe class:

Axe Cav. -> Raider (Gains steal upon Promo) -Crit Bonus?

I think I like your idea better, though for the axe knight I'm to certain, I'll think about as I go along.

That female general palette is actually the same animation :U

There aren't actually two, it's just listed as such.

I just replaced some of the monster animations, and then used the custom animation module to make the pally animation with swords/lances/axes into one.

I see what your saying that makes sense.

Edit: change of plans for the cav. promotion

Nomad -> N. Trooper (Bow+Sword)

Lance Knight->G-Knight (Lance + Axe)

Blade Knight->Paladin (Sword + Lance)

I decided to switch around the promotions to make it easier. G-Knights will have the 7 movement and Paladin will have 8 movement.

Edited by hithere1

Good question, I was thinking that all the laguz would have a new item I'm creating called the laguz orb, which is pretty much like a dragonstone but with infinite uses. This way people won't argue with me about having laguz being terrible in the game.

Wouldn't it be smarter to call it a Laguz Gem? Like in FE10, the gem that allowed instant transformation. Or that one band meant for the Laguz nobility, which the name escapes me... Not the Demi(fail) band.

I think I like your idea better, though for the axe knight I'm to certain, I'll think about as I go along.

I see what your saying that makes sense.

Edit: change of plans for the cav. promotion

Nomad -> N. Trooper (Bow+Sword)

Lance Knight->G-Knight (Lance + Axe)

Blade Knight->Paladin (Sword + Lance)

I decided to switch around the promotions to make it easier. G-Knights will have the 7 movement and Paladin will have 8 movement.

Hmm This, shall definitely work *nods happily*

I say no, because when I google search FE7 hacks, I get results, but when I google search FE8 hacks, I barely get anything.

really, though, it's totally up to you. if it were me, I would go with either the easier one, or the one that already has the most content that I plan to use. since SS seems to fall under both of those catagories, I would just stick to that, instead of having to redo everything you've already done on a fresh ROM. but it's your decision, and i'll still play it anyway.

Edited by Claude_C_Kenny

I say no, because when I google search FE7 hacks, I get results, but when I google search FE8 hacks, I barely get anything.

really, though, it's totally up to you. if it were me, I would go with either the easier one, or the one that already has the most content that I plan to use. since SS seems to fall under both of those catagories, I would just stick to that, instead of having to redo everything you've already done on a fresh ROM. but it's your decision, and i'll still play it anyway.

I understand what your saying, FE8 does not have a lot of hacks, though I'm curious is to see if people want a lot of custom events or not.

I voted no, easily because you want to do something new right?

You want a bit of a challenge and have something original that people would want to play as:

This is it. Not a FE7 hack >_>

And there is quite a few FE8 event stuff out there, sorta...

Why don't you talk to a couple of the people out there that are hacking FE8 or have and see if you can get there notes!

I quite like the idea of a FE8 hack with no beasts, it'd be interesting you could expand the stort quite a bit, plus I'm sure you'll figure out mapping/events!

BTW yeah Mouthe Doug's could be removed me thinks, just make it enemy armies *nods* they'd look wierd on their own!

Plus with no beast allows for alot of custom class space, something that is not there in FE7