Is this game screwed?

julystork

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you keep having difficulty in keeping things alive, always use the lure and draw tactics. Yes, it's slow, but it's safe. Have your mounted units that can withstand some damage to move to the front line, and retreat bit by bit, then ambush.

Does this work in helping Fin/Leaf/Nanna stay alive in Chapter 7 against the army of ThunderMage & SwordArmors?

Can't the three of them abandon the castle? I don't think it has to stay on your side. That being said, Finn can pretty much hold his own, and Nanna can heal. You can also weaken the army before they get to you. With some planning, Leaf can also have a ranged weapon to take out a bunch of the units.

Yes, it works, and yes, as the above people said, you can always abandon the castle - but I manage to repel them without leaving the castle sometimes. Use Fin to lure out the enemies bit by bit and weaken them (he can sometimes oneshot the weaker enemies) - and get Leaf to help finish them. If Leaf has the Light Sword, you can basically take some range and weaken those SwordArmors. Have Nanna help too if she was decently equipped (I think she inherited Earth Sword, which sometimes I use when she got low health so she can heal while attacking - although most of the time the damage is not very good), but mainly use her to heal.

Not needing help at the moment but would like advice:

I'm at Chapter 9, & my Celice is Level 16.61. Should I bother continuing abusing Hannibal's underlings to get him promoted, or will Shannan, Ayra's kids, Aless, Faval, Altenna & Levin!Sety be enough?

Also, is it important to train Level 14 Yulia (w/ Rezire)?

Not needing help at the moment but would like advice:

I'm at Chapter 9, & my Celice is Level 16.61. Should I bother continuing abusing Hannibal's underlings to get him promoted, or will Shannan, Ayra's kids, Aless, Faval, Altenna & Levin!Sety be enough?

Also, is it important to train Level 14 Yulia (w/ Rezire)?

Train both. Celice will get a horse and some stats.

If you don't mind spoilers about Julia:

Julius is near impossible to beat without the Narga spell, which Julia will get in the final chapter.

[spoiler=Celice, Yuria and the Finale]Listen. You'd probably need Yuria to be given a LOT of stat boosts, otherwise any lucky shot against her will possibly kill her. Also, if she becomes a sage before Chapter 10, that will make things easier, because then you can put her offensive items (and any non-defensive rings) into storage, and just give her a Fire tome as the replacement, making Yuria slower and less accurate when berserked in the finale. When you've smashed Ishtar and her army, put Shanan (equip w/ Balmunk) in a forest space and have him be bait for Yuria to attack repeatedly, she'll likely never hit him. (I say likely because of FE4's broken RNG) But make sure that 1: your army can get past Yuria without getting in her attack range, and 2: make sure NO ONE gets in Yurius' range, or the Dark Warlords will swamp you. After that, use Celice and Aless (train BOTH of them, they make perfect tanks/mage killers) attack Velthomer and Manfroy (If you didn't get Celice the Tyrfing from Palmark in Chapter 10, then Celice is useless in the finale). Once Manfroy's dead (and Velthomer is subjugated), have Celice run the mad dash to Yuria (If he hasn't a lover by this point, unequip Celice of his offensive items and get Shanan out of her range, then put Celice next to Yuria in the forest for a few turns to make them lovers) to recruit her. Then drag Yuria to Velthomer to grab the Narga tome (as well as get her items from storage and do some pwnage at the arena as final prep for Yuria), smash the Dark Warlords, give Celice a Power Ring, then have Celice and Yuria (and optionally Leen, if her father is Alec) kill Yurius, and the game is over. LOL longspoiler is long LOL

I don't think he cares

His Julia is too overleveled for reliable prayer abuse.

[spoiler=Celice, Yuria and the Finale]Listen. You'd probably need Yuria to be given a LOT of stat boosts, otherwise any lucky shot against her will possibly kill her. Also, if she becomes a sage before Chapter 10, that will make things easier, because then you can put her offensive items (and any non-defensive rings) into storage, and just give her a Fire tome as the replacement, making Yuria slower and less accurate when berserked in the finale. When you've smashed Ishtar and her army, put Shanan (equip w/ Balmunk) in a forest space and have him be bait for Yuria to attack repeatedly, she'll likely never hit him. (I say likely because of FE4's broken RNG) But make sure that 1: your army can get past Yuria without getting in her attack range, and 2: make sure NO ONE gets in Yurius' range, or the Dark Warlords will swamp you. After that, use Celice and Aless (train BOTH of them, they make perfect tanks/mage killers) attack Velthomer and Manfroy (If you didn't get Celice the Tyrfing from Palmark in Chapter 10, then Celice is useless in the finale). Once Manfroy's dead (and Velthomer is subjugated), have Celice run the mad dash to Yuria (If he hasn't a lover by this point, unequip Celice of his offensive items and get Shanan out of her range, then put Celice next to Yuria in the forest for a few turns to make them lovers) to recruit her. Then drag Yuria to Velthomer to grab the Narga tome (as well as get her items from storage and do some pwnage at the arena as final prep for Yuria), smash the Dark Warlords, give Celice a Power Ring, then have Celice and Yuria (and optionally Leen, if her father is Alec) kill Yurius, and the game is over. LOL longspoiler is long LOL

Damage=attack power - relevant defensive stat. If damage equals 0 or less, the enemies do not attack. C level tomes are the most accurate.

Play fast and all Julia will do is stalk Celice all the way to Velthomer. If Celice has 38+ total res while she has the fire tome, she isn't even going to attack him. She also doesn't need any rings.

Edited by Canadiens de Montreal

But will I need to abuse Hannibal's spawning of reinforcements in order to get a Level 16 Celice & Level 14 Julia promoted by start of Chapter 10?

'cause with Hannibal's 4-star leadership, the swarming enemies with their doubling Hero weapons have 100% accuracy to ORKO Celice's 49hp, 14 Speed, 14 Lck, & 13 Def.

(hell, they could off a Level 21 Oifaye with great ease, let alone a Level 16 junior & Level 14 shaman)

Yeah. Hannibal's group is your last chance, unless you go the boss abusing route. If you do that, one castle requires you to keep Hannibal asleep (unless you're not recruiting him or Corple), and the other has a dark-mage. Arion abuse just isn't possible.

Yuria can use staves, yes? You can easily spam Rescue/

Return/Warp staves with her to reach whatever desired level.

You could also spam relive by sending your weakest unit to lose in the arena constantly

You could also spam relive by sending your weakest unit to lose in the arena constantly

That'd be much slower than the alternatives, though.

Don't spam in the general Serenes Forest forums please. Read the Code of Conduct to learn what constitutes as "spam".

As for FE4, I found it more difficult than a lot of the other FE games, I think its difficulty is underrated :P.

Edited by Tangerine

Don't spam in the general Serenes Forest forums please. Read the Code of Conduct to learn what constitutes as "spam".

As for FE4, I found it more difficult than a lot of the other FE games, I think its difficulty is underrated :P.

Exactly how was I spamming?

Also, reading rules is hard, so I just ignore them. PLEASE DON'T BAN ME I BEG OF YOU!!!!!

Well, FE4 is difficult, but not as much as FE5 or FE9.

Exactly how was I spamming?

Also, reading rules is hard, so I just ignore them. PLEASE DON'T BAN ME I BEG OF YOU!!!!!

Well, FE4 is difficult, but not as much as FE5 or FE9.

Rule 2.2 in the Code of Conduct. I suggest reading it if you "don't want to get banned", it'll save you a lot of trouble :tangerine:.

What

FE9 is, arguably, the second easiest FE in existence, after FE8.

He is probably talking about Maniac mode. If not, it's definitely super easy :P.