[FE11] Draft X: Bizarro Version!

riariadne

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I enjoy these drafts, I want to give my 2 cents on people's teams thus far.

MarioKirby: Wolf, Draug, Catria, Vyland, Caesar, Rickard, Macellan

Xander: Caeda, Ogma, Hardin, Wrys, Roshea, Dolph

Dark Sage: Sedgar, Barst, Navarre, Minerva, Beck, Maria

Emerald Jealousy: Lena, Palla, Athena, Gordin, Tiki, Matthjis

General_Horace: Cain, Abel, Bord, Castor, Jake, Horace

Reinfleche: Cord, Merric, Wendell, Julian, Darros, Roger

Mario: Well, at the moment, he's got An Auto-Hero from C6 on, Draug goes Fighter for best performance, Catria makes a good Draco, albeit a little bit of turncost, Vyland is ok for what you get, Caesar is worth using as a Horseman in the end, Rickard is a thief, and Big Mac makes a meh Horsie. All in all, a decent team.

Xander: Caeda, Ogma, and Hardin. Need I say more? As well as a healer from C1, a Meh Cav in the form of eclipse's Purple Skittle, and Dolph is a good unit, despite being slow. Definitely a good team.

Dark Sage: Sedgar, Barst. Two incredible units. Navarre turns out ok, Minerva and Maria are good despite taking 4 extra turns to recruit, and Beck is a decent shooter. A little weaker team than Xander.

EJ: Lena is a good healer, Palla is a little slower, but slightly stronger than Catria, Athena is incredible, Gordin is a meh unit, Tiki is turns, and Matthis makes an OK unit.

Rein: Cord, Merric, Windex, and Julian? Wow, team speedy. Merric and Wendell both have Excalibur, and Merric is a tanky cav as well. Cord is a good unit, and Windex is amazing. Julian is a great thief, While Darros and Roger are decent units.

Horace: Never ceases to impress me. Cain AND Abel? That is amazing. Then Bord is Hammerman, Castor is a great Bowuser or Fighter, Jake is the better shooter, and Horace is incredible, despite his crap growths.

All in all...

Horace>>Rein=>Xander>Dark Sage>EJ=Mario.

And now, I will take my leave, having given a team description.

Just wanted to say that I've started.

Chapter 1 - 6 turns

Everyone who wasn't Draug, Marth, Caeda, Wrys or Jagen died. Jagen sat on the fort turn 1 and tanked the pirates, then on turn 2 everyone started to charge down towards the seize. Everyone who wasn't drafted traded their weapons. On turn 5, Marth recruited Wrys who then healed Caeda so she could survive a round of combat with the boss. Caeda and Jagen then teamed up on him, killed him on turn 6 player phase, and Marth then seized. No crit necessary. I swear if Horace beats this...

Edited by Xander

As I enjoy these drafts, I want to give my 2 cents on people's teams thus far.

MarioKirby: Wolf, Draug, Catria, Vyland, Caesar, Rickard, Macellan

Xander: Caeda, Ogma, Hardin, Wrys, Roshea, Dolph

Dark Sage: Sedgar, Barst, Navarre, Minerva, Beck, Maria

Emerald Jealousy: Lena, Palla, Athena, Gordin, Tiki, Matthjis

General_Horace: Cain, Abel, Bord, Castor, Jake, Horace

Reinfleche: Cord, Merric, Wendell, Julian, Darros, Roger

Mario: Well, at the moment, he's got An Auto-Hero from C6 on, Draug goes Fighter for best performance, Catria makes a good Draco, albeit a little bit of turncost, Vyland is ok for what you get, Caesar is worth using as a Horseman in the end, Rickard is a thief, and Big Mac makes a meh Horsie. All in all, a decent team.

Xander: Caeda, Ogma, and Hardin. Need I say more? As well as a healer from C1, a Meh Cav in the form of eclipse's Purple Skittle, and Dolph is a good unit, despite being slow. Definitely a good team.

Dark Sage: Sedgar, Barst. Two incredible units. Navarre turns out ok, Minerva and Maria are good despite taking 4 extra turns to recruit, and Beck is a decent shooter. A little weaker team than Xander.

EJ: Lena is a good healer and mage, Palla is a little slower, but way stronger than Catria, Athena is incredible, Gordin is a great unit, Tiki is god, and Matthis makes an OK unit.

Rein: Cord, Merric, Windex, and Julian? Wow, team speedy. Merric and Wendell both have Excalibur, and Merric is a tanky cav as well. Cord is a good unit, and Windex is amazing. Julian is a great thief, While Darros and Roger are decent units.

Horace: Never ceases to impress me. Cain AND Abel? That is amazing. Then Bord is Hammerman, Castor is a great Bowuser or Fighter, Jake is the better shooter, and Horace is incredible, despite his crap growths.

All in all...

EJ>>>>>>>>>Horace>>Rein=>Xander>Dark Sage>Mario.

And now, I will take my leave, having given a team description.

I agree.

Seriously, Astram

I think you severely underestimate my team. Having Hardin is enough for me to get through this game with, but Caeda and Ogma allow me to trivialize ch2 and 3 without penalties. Rein's team meanwhlie doesn't have a single mount and has to take a turn to get Merric. Not to mention I figured out a strategy to 6 turn chapter 1 which I don't think anyone except Horace can duplicate, since no one else has a mount in that chapter. I agree with you that Horace's team is clearly the best though. Cain, Abel and Bord? Come on guys, that basically just handed him this tourney.

^Haha. very funny. I was being serious on my comments, though. that team isn't great, honestly...

So was I. And it's the best team, by the way.

So was I. And it's the best team, by the way.

And yet... Horace's is always better. Somebody gave him Abel, Cain, and Bord, which adds up to roflstomp'd turn counts.

Horace's team is ridiculously good, but I think you guys are underestimating how broken Caeda is alone, but with Hardin, Jagen, Ogma and Wrys my team has a chance to beat Horace's earlygame.

This was my team not too long ago:

eclipse: Caeda, Rickard, Radd, Matthis, Caesar, Tomas, Horace, Beck, Jake

Xander, beat my turn count (135). I think you can do it with your team.

I think you severely underestimate my team. Having Hardin is enough for me to get through this game with, but Caeda and Ogma allow me to trivialize ch2 and 3 without penalties. Rein's team meanwhlie doesn't have a single mount and has to take a turn to get Merric. Not to mention I figured out a strategy to 6 turn chapter 1 which I don't think anyone except Horace can duplicate, since no one else has a mount in that chapter. I agree with you that Horace's team is clearly the best though. Cain, Abel and Bord? Come on guys, that basically just handed him this tourney.

high turn counts bro

And, no, Hardin, Caeda & Ogma still < Abel and Cain. Might as well just say "draft won by Horace". I had Abel on my queue but I thought Cain was gone, which kind of was bad.

Meanwhile, I'll take Mehdia and Tyraniboah.

I'd say the reason you got them is because almost everyone wasted their first pick. Wolf as the first pick of the first round of the draft? Sedgar, Lena, really?

I'd say the reason you got them is because almost everyone wasted their first pick. Wolf as the first pick of the first round of the draft? Sedgar, Lena, really?

You jelly of my Hammerne.

Ymir

Now I can get started. You guys really do underestimate my team.

Ch 2 - 7 turns

With Caeda and now Ogma I'm not about to phone in and give up. Everyone charged forward while Draug blocked the northern bridge like a champion, dying on the last turn. I recruited Castor only to have him die as a meatshield. On turn 7, Ogma and Jagen ganged up on the boss and took him out. Marth even had time to visit the village and get some money.

Ch 3 - 6 turns

Standard bossrush. I sent Darros who was recruited last chapter up north to meatshield the northern foes from catching up to me. All of my main units killed the initial western swarm of foes while surrounded by meatshields. Jagen reached the boss on turn 5, and killed him on turn 6 with a crit, but I did have Ogma ready to kill him just in case in my defense. Anyway, then Marth seized.

Ch 4 - 6 turns

Reclassed Jagen to Sniper and Ogma to Fighter. Everyone ran west and Caeda murdered most of the cavs with her Wing Spear, while Jagen took care of the Archers with a steel bow. I sent generics as decoys to deal with the eastern fighters. On turn 6, I had Caeda OHKO the boss with the wing spear, and then Marth seized.

Ch 5 - 4 turns

Reclassed Jagen to pally, Wrys to cav (so he could keep up). Everyone raced forward, and Wrys even got a kill and level up with +2 stat gain huh.gif. Anyway, with so much offense this was just ridiculously easy. Caeda used the wing spear to take out the cavs while Ogma, Hardin, Jagen, Roshea and Wrys killed the archers. On turn 4 after Hardin weakened the boss with the silver lance, Caeda killed him.

Edited by Xander