(FE9 & 10) FE Tellius Draft

An idea I've been thinking about for a while, and I want to see if anyone else is interested.

Rules:

1. 7 Participants (6 + myself) will each draft a team to use in PoR (Hard Mode, Fixed Mode) and RD (Normal Mode) with the goal of finishing with the lowest turncount.

2. Units that are free for all to use are: Ike, Titania(PoR), Micaiah, Sothe(RD), the Black Knight and Lehran. Titania(RD) and Sothe(PoR) will be drafted.

3. You may transfer data of this draft playthrough from PoR to RD. No other transfers may be used.

4. Undrafted units may not: enter combat (no meatshielding), shove/smite/rescue drafted units/enemies/NPCs, build supports, use staves, steal, visit villages, open/break chests/doors, find hidden items (this includes PoR Chapter 15), sing Galdrar, give Daunt/Pool/Tide bonuses, etc.

5. Undrafted units may: trade with units and shove/rescue other undrafted units.

6. Other and Partner/Ally units may do as they please without penalty.

7. 4 turn penalty for using an undrafted unit in PoR. Penalties for RD are listed below. I have changed them slightly, so make sure you look at them.

8. Limits placed on PoR BEXP are also listed below (use this topic for reference; note that I've made some changes).

- At the beginning of each chapter, you may 'cap off' any character except Titania to their next level if they have more than 50 EXP. If they have less than 50 EXP, you may BEXP them up to 50 EXP.

- Once you reach Endgame, you may use your left-over BEXP to get your drafted units to level 20 for transfer purposes.

- Don't BEXP abuse for good level ups.

9. Exception to rule 4: Reyson and the Hawks may be used to get Naesala to retreat in PoR Chapter 19. Make sure they stay out of combat if you don't draft them.

Teams:

1. NTNP: Jill, Reyson, Ilyana, Gatrie, Lethe, Makalov, Devdan/Danved, Caineghis, Bastian, Oliver.

2. Red Fox of Fire: Marcia, Aran, Titania(RD), Brom, Muarim, Skrimir, Sigrun, Giffca, Lyre, Largo.

3. Red Whirlwind: Haar, Volug, Soren, Leanne, Astrid, Naesala, Lucia, Fiona, Sanaki, Gareth.

4. Vicious Sal: Zihark, Nephenee, Tanith, Geoffrey, Rolf, Tibarn, Volke, Leonardo, Nasir, Pelleas.

5. Xander: Oscar, Edward, Elincia, Nailah, Shinon, Ulki, Nealuchi, Laura, Sothe(PoR), Vika.

6. Eclipse: Boyd, Mordecai, Ranulf, Tormod, Mist, Tauroneo, Heather, Meg, Stefan, Kurthnaga.

7. Radiant Dragon: Nolan, Mia, Kieran, Rafiel, Janaff, Calill, Kyza, Rhys, Ena, Renning.

[spoiler=RD Penalties]Forced Character Penalties

1-P: Edward(3) Leo(2)

1-1: Edward/Nolan (3) Leo(2)

1-2: Edward/Nolan/Laura (3) Leo(2)

1-3: Nolan (3) Edward/Leo/Laura/Ilyana(2)

1-4: None*

1-5: Volug(4)

1-6-1: Tauroneo(6) Volug(4)

1-6-2: Tauroneo(6) Volug(4)

1-7: Volug/Muarim/Tormod(4) Vika(3)

1-8: Nailah(6) Rafiel/Tormod/Muarim/Volug(4) Vika(3)

1-9: None*

1-E: Volug (4)

2-P : 3 for everyone, one undrafted character may be used free of penalty

2-1 : Neph/Brom/Heather(3)

2-2 : Lucia (4) Everyone else(3)

2-3 : Geoffrey(4) Kieran(3)

2-E : Elincia(5) Marcia/CRK(3)

3-P : Titania (5) Gatrie/Shinon/Oscar/Boyd/Mia(4) Rhys/Mist/Soren/Rolf(3)

3-1 : Titania (5) Gatrie/Shinon/Oscar/Boyd/Mia(4) Rhys/Mist/Soren/Rolf(3)

3-2 : None

3-3 : You can deploy one undrafted 6 move unit to 3-3 without penalty.

3-4 : Ranulf(4)

3-5 : None

3-6 : None

3-7 : Ranulf/Janaff/Ulki(4)

3-8 : Ranulf(4)

3-9 : Geoffrey(3)

3-10 : Ranulf(4)

3-11 : Leanne(5) Ranulf(4) Sigrun/Tanith(4)

3-12 : Tauroneo (4)

3-13 : Tauroneo (5)

3-E : Ranulf/Sigrun(3)

4-P : Skrimir(4) Naesala(5) Sigrun/Sanaki(2)

4-1 : None*

4-2 : Tibarn (7) Elincia/Pelleas (3)

4-3 : Skrimir(4) Sigrun/Sanaki(3)

4-4 : Muarim/Tormod/Vika(3)

4-5 : Tibarn (7) Elincia (3)

* The chapters with no penalties do NOT mean you can use anybody in that chapter. They just mean that no one besides Ike/Micaiah/Sothe are forced, and therefore the only people in play should be them and the people you drafted.

[spoiler=PoR BEXP limits]

Chapter	Character	BEXP
8	Ike		+0.X
Boyd		+0.X
Oscar		+0.X
Rhys		+3.X
Soren		+2.X
Mia		+2.X

9	Ilyana		+2.X
Mist            6/-
Rolf            7/-

10	Lethe		+0
Mordecai	+0
Marcia		+2.X
Volke		+1.X

11	Kieran		14/-
Brom		12/-
Nephenee	11/-

12	Zihark		12/-
Sothe		8/-

13	Jill		+1.X

14	Astrid		+4.X
Gatrie		+4.X

15	Makalov		+3.X

16	Muarim		+0
Tormod		10/-
Stefan		+0

17	Danved		+2.X

18	Tanith		+0
Janaff          9
Ulki            9
Reyson		+0

19	Shinon		+4.X
Calill		+0

22	Tauroneo	+2.X

23	Ranulf		+0

24	Haar		+0

25	Lucia		+2.X
       Bastian 		+2.X
Geoffrey	+0
Largo   		-/9

26	Elincia 		-/6

28	Ena 			13
Nasir		+0

Voice any questions/comments/concerns openly.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this work with drafting Sothe (FE9) and Titania (FE10)? Would those two just be combined as one?

The RD exclusives as well, seeing as they aren't in PoR. Oh, and Largo.

Lastly, I wouldn't jump on that PoR BEXP limit just yet. It's still experimental and I already have suggested changes.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

How does this work with drafting Sothe (FE9) and Titania (FE10)? Would those two just be combined as one?

The RD exclusives as well, seeing as they aren't in PoR. Oh, and Largo.

Lastly, I wouldn't jump on that PoR BEXP limit just yet. It's still experimental and I already have suggested changes.

No, Sothe(PoR) and Titania(RD) are drafted separately.

People with more availability always have that advantage over units with less, so I don't see how that's different here.

I like the idea of the limit in a PoR draft, but I'll admit I wasn't sure if I should implement it here. What changes would you make?

No, Sothe(PoR) and Titania(RD) are drafted separately.

People with more availability always have that advantage over units with less, so I don't see how that's different here.

Yeah, I guess that works. Still, it does feel a bit unfair to good RD only units like Volug, but it probably isn't too much of an issue.

I like the idea of the limit in a PoR draft, but I'll admit I wasn't sure if I should implement it here. What changes would you make?

There definitely should be a limit. I'll give my proposed changes in the main drafting topic.

My only concern is there's a couple of units who are good picks in both games that might warrant being split.

Edited by Paperblade

I say you should have Largo act as a second Calill for whoever drafts him. It's not much, but lets him do something more than be a last draft Lyre round pick.

There are plenty characters with less availability than Largo (Oliver, Dragons) despite being able to go to 4-E.

My only concern is there's a couple of units who are good picks in both games that might warrant being split.

That's not a bad idea. Characters like Jill, Oscar, maybe Boyd and Zihark could be split into "PoR[character]" and "RD[character]".

EDIT2: Since the drafting hasn't started yet, I added a rule letting units cap their current level at the beginning of each chapter.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Since this is the first time anyone has tried this (according to my knowledge), maybe we should not split anyone and see how it turns out. Kinda like a test case...

It's kind of obvious that a unit like Jill that's a first pick in both games is going to be too good, and even a unit that's a first-second pick like Oscar will likely be too good.

I would say Jill, Oscar, Boyd, and MAYBE Ilyana. Ilyana's availability is quite high but at the same time she has poor move and her stats are not overly good by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: Neph and Marcia are also potentially too good but Marcia's a relatively weak pick in RD so I don't think she's a big deal.

Edited by Paperblade

It's kind of obvious that a unit like Jill that's a first pick in both games is going to be too good, and even a unit that's a first-second pick like Oscar will likely be too good.

I would say Jill, Oscar, Boyd, and MAYBE Ilyana. Ilyana's availability is quite high but at the same time she has poor move and her stats are not overly good by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: Neph and Marcia are also potentially too good but Marcia's a relatively weak pick in RD so I don't think she's a big deal.

Jill's more likely a second pick in RD, and Oscar is more likely a third or fourth. I'm talking from experience when I say that his Str and Spd are quite problematic (oh shit, PEMN?) when combined with mediocre durability, growths overall, and a high base level. That still makes Jill a great pick, but I think it's fine because there's at least one draftable unit in each game better than her for that game (Marcia in FE9, Haar in FE10) and still at least decent in the other.

Why Ilyana, though? Low mobility, crappy Speed, and paper durability make her more of a mid round pick in both games (maybe slightly earlier in PoR). Boyd is also questionable since he isn't a first pick in either game, and in RD he's more like a third or fourth pick.

Also, what about Reyson? I don't think any splits are needed, of course, but I find it strange you left him out unless you simply forgot him.

That still makes Jill a great pick, but I think it's fine because there's at least one draftable unit in each game better than her for that game (Marcia in FE9, Haar in FE10) and still at least decent in the other.

I agree with this. Even though Jill is a great pick, I don't think she is so much better than anyone else to warrant being split.

I'm In, Just got a working new GCC, so all good.

<div><br></div><div>EDIT:  Actually, I am against seperate draft picking. If you seperate the pickings for Por and RD, you might as well start two drafts, by making it so that the character you pick is drafted in both games, you keep the whole Idea of the draft, If there has to be picked for RD and Por, it's not that kind of special, it's just two drafts in one topic. =/ Mho</div>

Edited by Vicious Sal