Yo guys, about manipulating the RNG system in "Genealogy of the Holy War"...

FionordeQuester

....this is something I've been curious about. Remember in FE7 where the game would decide the RN's for HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Def, Res, and Luck in that order? Well, that was different than how the stats were displayed in the actual game, which was HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Luck, Def, and Res.

What I'm wondering is, does Fire Emblem 4 have that same oddity? Or does the game decide the stat boosts for the stats in the exact order it's displayed (top row left to right, proceed down from there)?

FE4 determines stat boosts in the order HP, str, mag, skl, spd, lck, def, res. This is the same as the order used on this site, on the status screen, and in the unit list, as well as the order in which stat gains are displayed with animations off. However, the order in which stat gains are displayed with full animations on is different.

I see. I wonder why they designed it like that? I can only guess that it's because the designers knew their RNG could be easily abused, so they displayed the stats on the level up screen out of order to mess with us. In any case, thanks a lot Nitrodon!!

Or, more likely, it doesn't really matter what order the stats are displayed, since that has nothing to do with how the stats operate. During development it was probably just rearranged visually because it "looked" better. Or they forgot the order, sometimes.

:/

My guess is that they were planning on scrapping the Luck stat in FE6, but eventually decided to re-add it. For the later GBA games, they probably didn't feel like re-programming all the code to put Luck back in the "right" place.

Kaga mentioned similar for FE5:

# The Luck stat was planned to be removed from the status screen (but still exist internally) to create an element of uncertainty.

My guess is that they were planning on scrapping the Luck stat in FE6, but eventually decided to re-add it. For the later GBA games, they probably didn't feel like re-programming all the code to put Luck back in the "right" place.

Kaga mentioned similar for FE5:

Thank god he didn't do that. Getting your ass mauled by critical hits cause you didn't know your character had shit luck would really piss me off. When I know my luck, at least I can blame myself for the failure.

• 3 weeks later...

So in short, is there any possible way to manipulate FE4's RNG?

Since FE4's level-ups comes in 2 flavors: the BLESSED level-up where the character gets a grand total of ONE +1, usually in the Max HP stat; the other is the Zero-growth level-up