Are there any codes for FE3 and FEG?

I have an editor for FE2 which should be able to edit the stats, and a bunch of other things. I also have some notes on where the stats are located and how they're stored, if you want to edit the game yourself (I have growthrates too)

<CHARACTER STATS>

Before I start, it seems that the characters have their own overworld sprite, depending on who you have.  I know Misen does, and I'd think everyone else you see in town and such would as well.  Not too sure on others though:  probably just load nothing ($00).  First byte is the character pointer.  Loads the mug, sprite, and name.  I don't think the stats and growths are, however.

Example: Alm < 01 15 01 1C 00 0A 07 06 07 06 00 00 >

01=Character
15=Class
01=Level
1C=HP
00=Experience
0A=Strength
07=Skill
06=Speed
07=Luck
06=Defense
00=Spell Set
00=Item

Or in otherwords, the stats go:

Character
Class
Level
HP (99HP is ?? ;) )
Experience
Strength
Skill
Speed
Luck
Spells
Items

M.Defense and Counter are missing

Each character is 11 bytes long.

Alm
$210F2

Celica
$210FE

Misen
$2110A

Norma
$21116

Ruka
$21122

Cliff
$2112E

Robin
$2113A

Gray
$21146

Clea
$21152

Kreb
$2115E
$2116A
{Repeated for another 12 bytes;  

takes place of 0B by the table, my

guess woulod be}

Fols
$21176

May
$21182

Silk
$2118E

Jenni
$2119A
$211A7
{another repeat, but there's no reason like with Kreb...}

Boey
$211A6

Camu
$211B2

Valbo
$211BE

Matilda
$211CA

Paison
$211D6

Leo
$211E2

Atlas
$211EE

Jesse
$211FA

? (Class is $04)
$21206

Sonja
$21212

Dean
$2121E

Sevr
$2122A

Ryuto
$21236

Dyute
$21242

Tita
$2124E

Katua
$2125A

Paola
$21266

Est
$21272

Zek
$2127E

I also uploaded savestates of each and every battle I came across for testing purposes. If memory serves, this archive was uploaded to FESS's old website. It might also be linked to on the last version of the forums. I probably still have the archive too--the savestates are for the FCEUltra emulator.

Is there anyway to make playable characters Sorcerers, Thieves, or Shaman?

I'm looking through the Character editor and I don't see those options under the class drop box.

I don't see monster classes either.

As far as I know, there isn't any.

The only way that I know of to get enemy classes is to change your character's Name to an enemy's (eg. "Sorcerer", "Thief"). However, doing that makes them become enemies who don't attack, which is completely useless.

In theory, there may be a code or hack you could implement, but it's probably not possible with normal ROM hacking.

Edited by VincentASM

http://forums.grandbell.net/index.php

It opened again I think twice, just for fun. I didn't really visit the second time. But the threads are at least still up sadly, FESS2 is forever gone... :( ... but FESS1 still lives, with Sigurd's Pants and Fazilla :)

Is there anyway to make playable characters Sorcerers, Thieves, or Shaman?

I'm looking through the Character editor and I don't see those options under the class drop box.

I don't see monster classes either.

00 CRASH

01 Social Knight

02 Armor

03 Pegusus

04 Paladin

05 Falcon Knight

06 Soldier

07 Gold Knight

08 Sword Fighter

09 Magic Knight

0A Magic Knight (Sword Master?)

0B Priest (Celica)

0C Archer

0D Sniper

0E Villager

0F Mage (M)

10 Mage (F)

11 Nun

12 Cleric

13 Sage

14 Arch Knight

15 Fighter (Alm)

16 Baron

17 Hero (Unused? It's "broken" anyways...)

18 Royal (Broken)

These were the only IDs which worked for the player's team. I remember pretty much nothing being past $18. It's probably determined by something else--you could force an enemy class to be yours probably by basically reconstructing the relevant pointers, so that certain data is loaded to the player side correctly, but I'm not altogether sure. It might be a lot more complicated than that, since there's a couple of enemies who act with a specific enemy AI--they may not have been coded to work with a player's commands :/

The place doesn't really look alive to me. How's the facebook group? I never knew we had our own facebook group.

The FESS facebook group is pretty much dead. I check it just about every day, but activity is pretty rare.

The first time a number of "core" older members did get the word, and notified others, which cued the creation of the Facebook page. It was novelty, and a few of us showed up for the week or days it was open, and that was it. I didn't really pay attention to it the second time around because the only people who showed up weren't FESS. They were online buddies. It wasn't a forum, as much as a campfire. If you weren't part of the group, it wasn't really any fun--I don't think gamersara or a couple others would have liked the reunion :/ It felt like it was something members of the later FESS2-FESS3 generation would have liked.

And now that I look, it seems the first version of FESS actually is down... That... sucks :( But in any case, there's no real desire to bring back FESS as FESS, and one couldn't anyways, with all that's said and done. New things are more likely and better. For the time being, as far as native English-players go, Serenes Forest is basically the only place to go that would be like FESS. That's not dying on its broken legs.

there's no real desire to bring back FESS as FESS, and one couldn't anyways, with all that's said and done.

Well if that's how they feel, then yeah. If they actually want to bring the place back, it's not something that can't be done. It can be done, just not the way they're doing it.

Edited by Super Mecha Death Christ