Trails in the Sky FC/SC Spoiler Thread

VincentASM

Ooh, I didn't know they could do that. Of course, you don't really want to let Shining Poms make a move : P

Hmm, I should learn to pull back the spell casters as well. Although I'm not really good at adapting to sitations, so if enemies manage to break past Estelle's front wall then...

Oh well, I suppose two is quite enough. One or two accessory slots seem to be the norm in the RPGs I've played.

Well, you know you can't help it in the early chapters!

Well, pulling back the spell casters can make mass buffing more complicated. Options, options. Though one could question if casters actually need any kind of mass buffing.

The only exception I've seen is Etrian Odyssey... BUT it gives you 3 slots for anything that isn't a weapon. And equipping three accessories and no armor is generally a really bad idea...

Essence? No clue how it's used in real life or other games, but that sounds like it could work. I believe they reference the term in dialogue, at least during SC, mainly when explaining Cassius's superior martial arts and tactical prowess; the way they used the term sounds like it could work. I actually remember asking about valid translations for 理 on the Ancient Land of Ys board.

Yes, Cassius's superior prowess was one of my references. In that context, 'kotowari' (that's the reading they give) is a reference, what one should strive to be. You could call it the most glorious example or something.

I guess it's a tricky term. Though Maoh is worse. >_>

Ah, I remember now. You get Death Essence in Chapter 8, right? Well, I know a bunch of the optional sub-bosses drop various Essence Quartz at least. Since the final chapter has a bunch of robots, I guess I didn't get much use out it : (

Whoops, sort of rushed post again. I haven't had much time lately, especially when I'm trying to work on my art piece.

At the least, I'm hoping to keep this thread alive maybe a post a day.

Possibly, I don't remember. But yeah, you're mostly fighting monsters by then so it doesn't matter much...

Silly Vincent. Meanwhile, I'm letting Gurumin violate me.

I'll help. obviously

Edited by TheEnd

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you know you can't help it in the early chapters!

Well, pulling back the spell casters can make mass buffing more complicated. Options, options. Though one could question if casters actually need any kind of mass buffing.

The only exception I've seen is Etrian Odyssey... BUT it gives you 3 slots for anything that isn't a weapon. And equipping three accessories and no armor is generally a really bad idea...

: P

Yeah, I was going to mention it hurts mass buffing. Well, I was more worried about mass healing actually. Stupidly, I forget sometimes that Klose's S Break is a massive AOE and not all party, so sometimes she heals nobody because she's too faraway >___<

I think only Speed is useful huh? Actually, does the Attack boost work for magic as well? I never thought about it that way, but the Attack boost as an AT bonus seems to boost magical damage.

Yes, Cassius's superior prowess was one of my references. In that context, 'kotowari' (that's the reading they give) is a reference, what one should strive to be. You could call it the most glorious example or something.

I guess it's a tricky term. Though Maoh is worse. >_>

Ah I see, that reminds me of a similar Chinese word actually, 真理, which essentially has the same meaning (not sure if it's the same as the Japanese kotowari though, they do have that common symbol). The Chinese translation may have used that word, but I can't really remember.

Is that Maoh as in Demon King? I can't think of anything else : o

Possibly, I don't remember. But yeah, you're mostly fighting monsters by then so it doesn't matter much...

Silly Vincent. Meanwhile, I'm letting Gurumin violate me.

I'll help. obviously

Almost finished the sketch. To be honest, I don't know if I'll finish the piece by the deadline (14th of this month, dunno what time). It's nothing too special so it shouldn't take that much time. I'm expecting NTG to tear apart my picture and make me completely change it >____<

Not surprised you've taken Gurmin up, I assume you like it?

BTW, some of random, but was it me or was Zin's thing for young females completely ignored in SC?

Edited by VincentASM

Yeah, I was going to mention it hurts mass buffing. Well, I was more worried about mass healing actually. Stupidly, I forget sometimes that Klose's S Break is a massive AOE and not all party, so sometimes she heals nobody because she's too faraway >___<

I think only Speed is useful huh? Actually, does the Attack boost work for magic as well? I never thought about it that way, but the Attack boost as an AT bonus seems to boost magical damage.

Well, since you leave the caster far away so he or she won't be attacked, the lack of healing isn't always an issue.

And there isn't an area speed buff as if we needed the game even easier than it is. And buffing attack shouldn't work. Otherwise, attack debuffs would hurt art use, and they don't.

Ah I see, that reminds me of a similar Chinese word actually, 真理, which essentially has the same meaning (not sure if it's the same as the Japanese kotowari though, they do have that common symbol). The Chinese translation may have used that word, but I can't really remember.

Is that Maoh as in Demon King? I can't think of anything else : o

In Japanese, it's 理 with kotowari as furigana. Of course, I'm talking about the Cassius dialogue and presuming the same reading applies here...

Know Magus from Chrono Trigger? He's Maoh in the original. While Demon King is the most straight translation, it's rarely appropriate...

Almost finished the sketch. To be honest, I don't know if I'll finish the piece by the deadline (14th of this month, dunno what time). It's nothing too special so it shouldn't take that much time. I'm expecting NTG to tear apart my picture and make me completely change it >____<

Not surprised you've taken Gurmin up, I assume you like it?

BTW, some of random, but was it me or was Zin's thing for young females completely ignored in SC?

11 days, Vincent!

I'm sorry, I can't hear you while I'm raging at Pimento Mountain. And to think that I'll probably have to do reverse maps too... *shivers*

:D

Kirika wouldn't approve of it. Well, I didn't use Zin much, so I don't know if he has any random dialogue about that...

Edited by TheEnd

Well, since you leave the caster far away so he or she won't be attacked, the lack of healing isn't always an issue.

And there isn't an area speed buff as if we needed the game even easier than it is. And buffing attack shouldn't work. Otherwise, attack debuffs would hurt art use, and they don't.

Ah, that makes sense. I mean, I don't really upgrade their armour and shoes much, so I guess I subconsciously don't worry about them dying.

Oops, forgot to elaborate a bit more, but yeah, since there's no area speed buff, that's even less reason to bother keeping healers nearby.

That's a shame and a blessing at the same time. I remember how much attack debuffs can hurt >___<

In Japanese, it's 理 with kotowari as furigana. Of course, I'm talking about the Cassius dialogue and presuming the same reading applies here...

Know Magus from Chrono Trigger? He's Maoh in the original. While Demon King is the most straight translation, it's rarely appropriate...

Actually, I sort of do. At the least, I've heard Maoh being associate with him (presumably Magus, his name, is the localised form of Maoh?). I guess that's also one of those rare cases where Ma has stronger magic connotations that demonish.

11 days, Vincent!

I'm sorry, I can't hear you while I'm raging at Pimento Mountain. And to think that I'll probably have to do reverse maps too... *shivers*

:D

Kirika wouldn't approve of it. Well, I didn't use Zin much, so I don't know if he has any random dialogue about that...

I've had tougher deadlines, so I'm not that worried : )

Pimento was pretty tough. I'm reminded of, although you probably don't want to be reminded, the icy platforms as well as the dreaded lava cavern. Yes, and you indeed have to do it twice...

Same here, sometimes it feels to me like Falcom isn't really trying when it comes to Zin. Well, adding Walter was a start. Which reminds me...

I was so sure the game was going to have it so that Kirika was in love with Zin and not Walter (particularly during the 2nd Walter battle if you bring along Zin). Actually, there's still the 3rd and Zero I guess... no, don't spoiler me : o

Also, I guess "big" strikethrough tags don't work that well when quoted...

Edited by VincentASM

Ah, that makes sense. I mean, I don't really upgrade their armour and shoes much, so I guess I subconsciously don't worry about them dying.

Oops, forgot to elaborate a bit more, but yeah, since there's no area speed buff, that's even less reason to bother keeping healers nearby.

That's a shame and a blessing at the same time. I remember how much attack debuffs can hurt >___<

So let me see. No armor, no grinding? YOU'RE A KAMIKAZE

Well, at least buffs and debuffs do make a difference in this game, because of the way damage calculation works.

Actually, I sort of do. At the least, I've heard Maoh being associate with him (presumably Magus, his name, is the localised form of Maoh?). I guess that's also one of those rare cases where Ma has stronger magic connotations that demonish.

I haven't researched the significance of Maoh in Japanese culture because I don't care enough, but I think it's one of those figures without a ready western equivalent. But about Magus: he did rule monsters... but I've seen references of not-necessarily-ruling Maohs as well.

I've had tougher deadlines, so I'm not that worried : )

Pimento was pretty tough. I'm reminded of, although you probably don't want to be reminded, the icy platforms as well as the dreaded lava cavern. Yes, and you indeed have to do it twice...

Same here, sometimes it feels to me like Falcom isn't really trying when it comes to Zin. Well, adding Walter was a start. Which reminds me...

I was so sure the game was going to have it so that Kirika was in love with Zin and not Walter (particularly during the 2nd Walter battle if you bring along Zin). Actually, there's still the 3rd and Zero I guess... no, don't spoiler me : o

Also, I guess "big" strikethrough tags don't work that well when quoted...

Just don't leave it for the last week or something.

Pimento made me give up on collecting gold medals. Rage-inducing ice/lava/falling paths/moving platforms/bottomless pits aside, I "failed" both stages by one vase and one monster- YES I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO REMIND ME ;_______;

Apparently floofy made extensive use of him in her masochist mode runs.

I'm not sure if that triangle is even solved actually. And I'm not sure if Zin actually appears in Zero either... maybe in the sequel. This doesn't count as a spoiler does it

Huh?

So let me see. No armor, no grinding? YOU'RE A KAMIKAZE

Well, at least buffs and debuffs do make a difference in this game, because of the way damage calculation works.

: D

Quite often the optional sub bosses give me headaches, probably due to this.

I'm glad buffs/debuffs (and status conditions) make a difference as well. Took me a while to appreciate them, after that Estelle was boosting everyone's Attack, Joshua was boosting Speed, dropping Speed and Klose very occassionally dropped the enemy's Attack and Defence (I think that Craft got improved in SC? It seems like it no longer does damage, but doesn't miss as often, which I don't mind the trade off).

I haven't researched the significance of Maoh in Japanese culture because I don't care enough, but I think it's one of those figures without a ready western equivalent. But about Magus: he did rule monsters... but I've seen references of not-necessarily-ruling Maohs as well.

Ah okay, so it wasn't quite as simple as I thought. Not sure if it matters, but I think in Chinese (which Japanese borrowed a lot from), Maoh means along the lines of some powerful demonish dude (the "king" part is generally a reference to their might). Although these days, I've seen Maoh being used as slang for a final boss or just bosses in general.

Just don't leave it for the last week or something.

Pimento made me give up on collecting gold medals. Rage-inducing ice/lava/falling paths/moving platforms/bottomless pits aside, I "failed" both stages by one vase and one monster- YES I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO REMIND ME ;_______;

Apparently floofy made extensive use of him in her masochist mode runs.

I'm not sure if that triangle is even solved actually. And I'm not sure if Zin actually appears in Zero either... maybe in the sequel. This doesn't count as a spoiler does it

Huh?

Well, looking at my calendar, I'll probably end up doing that. I mean, it's only 3 days after today when it'll be a week away o__o

Moving platforms? I can't remember those, or maybe I erased them from memory. In any case, Gurumin wasn't really designed to be a platformer, at least I would have thought so. Not sure what Falcom was doing there.

Fortunately, IIRC Zwei II featured even less "platforming", although I'm way too crappy/scared to get Platinum medals. In a sense, I'm glad Gurumin lets me get the best medals relatively easily : )

I'm guessing Zin's attack and defence boosting Craft came in handing. I always use that *who doesn't?) when he's a party member and barely any enemies dent him X D

Hmm, you can't tell?

Edited by VincentASM

: D

Quite often the optional sub bosses give me headaches, probably due to this.

I'm glad buffs/debuffs (and status conditions) make a difference as well. Took me a while to appreciate them, after that Estelle was boosting everyone's Attack, Joshua was boosting Speed, dropping Speed and Klose very occassionally dropped the enemy's Attack and Defence (I think that Craft got improved in SC? It seems like it no longer does damage, but doesn't miss as often, which I don't mind the trade off).

MASO

Indeed. Just getting up-to-date armor is sometimes enough to reduce great damage to nearly nothing. At least earlygame.

I remember that craft of Klose kind of works differently in each game, so I don't remember what it does in each one. But I remember it was effective on bosses sometimes, just like Clock Down.

Ah okay, so it wasn't quite as simple as I thought. Not sure if it matters, but I think in Chinese (which Japanese borrowed a lot from), Maoh means along the lines of some powerful demonish dude (the "king" part is generally a reference to their might). Although these days, I've seen Maoh being used as slang for a final boss or just bosses in general.

I've even seen it used as a counterpart for majo (witch).

Well, looking at my calendar, I'll probably end up doing that. I mean, it's only 3 days after today when it'll be a week away o__o

Moving platforms? I can't remember those, or maybe I erased them from memory. In any case, Gurumin wasn't really designed to be a platformer, at least I would have thought so. Not sure what Falcom was doing there.

Fortunately, IIRC Zwei II featured even less "platforming", although I'm way too crappy/scared to get Platinum medals. In a sense, I'm glad Gurumin lets me get the best medals relatively easily : )

I'm guessing Zin's attack and defence boosting Craft came in handing. I always use that *who doesn't?) when he's a party member and barely any enemies dent him X D

Hmm, you can't tell?

Silly Vincent.

They came in and out the mountain spirals. Not hard really, but going through regular Pimento made me feel like things were just getting worse and worse as I proceeded.

Well, Zwei II doesn't even have camera manipulation iirc. And I didn't get platinum medals beyond the first couple dungeons/bosses (lol arcade) either. >_>

I guess. It gets improved too, and a +60% boost is... quite respectable. I barely use it because... I barely use Zin. Too busy Buffaloragedragondiving.

Oh, I get what you mean now. You have to redo the tags if you cut a big strikethrough comment in half or something.

Also, did you see? A Sora no Kiseki anime is really being produced.

Edited by TheEnd

Haha, this topic is getting hard to scroll through now. Didn't really expect that : P

MASO

Indeed. Just getting up-to-date armor is sometimes enough to reduce great damage to nearly nothing. At least earlygame.

I remember that craft of Klose kind of works differently in each game, so I don't remember what it does in each one. But I remember it was effective on bosses sometimes, just like Clock Down.

Ah, okay, I'll bear that in mind when it's time to play the 3rd. It seemed kind of crappy in FC so I didn't use it much, so I don't remember it working on many bosses, but then again...

...you only get to use Klose in 2 chapters, one of which is the final chapter and has robots.

Loved it in SC though; helped me to crush many a sub boss : )

Silly Vincent.

They came in and out the mountain spirals. Not hard really, but going through regular Pimento made me feel like things were just getting worse and worse as I proceeded.

Well, Zwei II doesn't even have camera manipulation iirc. And I didn't get platinum medals beyond the first couple dungeons/bosses (lol arcade) either. >_>

I guess. It gets improved too, and a +60% boost is... quite respectable. I barely use it because... I barely use Zin. Too busy Buffaloragedragondiving.

Oh, I get what you mean now. You have to redo the tags if you cut a big strikethrough comment in half or something.

Also, did you see? A Sora no Kiseki anime is really being produced.

Oh those, I was thinking of free-floating ones or crazy stuff like that. I remember a bunch of free-floating platforms, but they were just lifts.

I think camera manipulation is only part of the problem. It's generally difficult to predict where you're jumping period, if my memory doesn't fail me. Makes me want to try Easy mode...

Hmm, is that true? I know an anime PV is being made, but haven't heard anything concrete about a series or even an OVA.

Haha, this topic is getting hard to scroll through now. Didn't really expect that : P

I blame... oh wait.

Ah, okay, I'll bear that in mind when it's time to play the 3rd. It seemed kind of crappy in FC so I didn't use it much, so I don't remember it working on many bosses, but then again...

...you only get to use Klose in 2 chapters, one of which is the final chapter and has robots.

Loved it in SC though; helped me to crush many a sub boss : )

But for most part, I just forgot about Klose's crafts altogether. >_> Besides, the need for debuffs is reduced when you grind. Though they're still nice, especially Clock Down.

Oh those, I was thinking of free-floating ones or crazy stuff like that. I remember a bunch of free-floating platforms, but they were just lifts.

I think camera manipulation is only part of the problem. It's generally difficult to predict where you're jumping period, if my memory doesn't fail me. Makes me want to try Easy mode...

Hmm, is that true? I know an anime PV is being made, but haven't heard anything concrete about a series or even an OVA.

Those were in the last cave. Floating maaaaaages - thankfully not many of them.

Many times, you need to know the exact place to jump. I gave up on Falcom's easy modes after Felghana, they're too boring. ):

http://www.esterior.net/2011/02/sora-no-kiseki-anime-details-unveiled/

But for most part, I just forgot about Klose's crafts altogether. >_> Besides, the need for debuffs is reduced when you grind. Though they're still nice, especially Clock Down.

Yeah, I do tend to forget them as well. The skill/spell de-activating craft (IIRC her only other Craft in FC/SC) seems too fiddly to use for a caster who also has a low attack range.

On the subject of grinding, did you reach Level 100+ in SC? I wouldn't be surprised if you did : P

Those were in the last cave. Floating maaaaaages - thankfully not many of them.

Many times, you need to know the exact place to jump. I gave up on Falcom's easy modes after Felghana, they're too boring. ):

http://www.esterior.net/2011/02/sora-no-kiseki-anime-details-unveiled/

Have you finished Gurumin? I'm suddenly reminded of some notorious happenings in the final areas...

Easy mode is the only mode I can beat in Felghana, I don't think I'm the only one like that..?

That link seems to summarise stuff that I've recently seen. It only mentions that an anime PV has been confirmed, right? I can't really make out anything interesting about the anime. Or are PVs generally meant as pilots for an anime? I'm not really into the anime industry : o

I said I'd try and post daily, but as you can imagine, time swallowed me up... alive. Or I was busy playing 999.

Anyway, to sort of get back on subject, were there any memorable scenes in FC/SC that you'd like to comment about?

Since I'm asking, I guess I'll go first...

I actually really liked the very first scene in FC. This stuff probably doesn't count as spoilers, but...

...it was cool to see how Estelle and Joshua met, as well as what they were like when they were younger. I was also quite impressed with the quality of dialogue and the characters' personalities, which left a good impression on me. I can't really think of a better introduction to the series to have ^^

Edited by VincentASM

Yeah, I do tend to forget them as well. The skill/spell de-activating craft (IIRC her only other Craft in FC/SC) seems too fiddly to use for a caster who also has a low attack range.

On the subject of grinding, did you reach Level 100+ in SC? I wouldn't be surprised if you did : P

As useful as those anti-spell techniques generally are, her poor move, minimal attack range and usual distant placement from battle tends to make that craft useless for her indeed. Due to the way I organize formations, she tends to fail to reach enemies at first when I make her attack, and the fact she won't move when casting arts doesn't help.

I probably got to something like level 102. Of course, all sponsored by Shining Poms.

Have you finished Gurumin? I'm suddenly reminded of some notorious happenings in the final areas...

Easy mode is the only mode I can beat in Felghana, I don't think I'm the only one like that..?

I've finished it yesterday, yes. So, fire away.

Come on, Normal mode isn't that hard. Okay, I had to redo boss battles a lot but well... easy mode started with those wolves doing no damage, and that pretty much made me say "screw it." Though I tried it again later, and it wasn't as trivial as I thought. Though I didn't grind at all, either...

Hard mode scares me though. The only Falcom hard mode I'd play is Ys 6's, since normal mode is piss easy with grinding.

That link seems to summarise stuff that I've recently seen. It only mentions that an anime PV has been confirmed, right? I can't really make out anything interesting about the anime. Or are PVs generally meant as pilots for an anime? I'm not really into the anime industry : o

PVs are basically trailers.

I said I'd try and post daily, but as you can imagine, time swallowed me up... alive. Or I was busy playing 999.

Anyway, to sort of get back on subject, were there any memorable scenes in FC/SC that you'd like to comment about?

Since I'm asking, I guess I'll go first...

I actually really liked the very first scene in FC. This stuff probably doesn't count as spoilers, but...

...it was cool to see how Estelle and Joshua met, as well as what they were like when they were younger. I was also quite impressed with the quality of dialogue and the characters' personalities, which left a good impression on me. I can't really think of a better introduction to the series to have ^^

999 ISN'T AN EXCUSE ;__;

Memorable scenes, huh? I'll use a real spoiler then.

I'll just jump to FC's ending, since you talked about the opening; specifically, as far as Weissman is concerned. Made more interesting to me since I completely misunderstood it the first time I played, since I could barely read; I thought he was mind-controlling Joshua then, when it was almost the opposite. Given that, you can guess how messed-up was my perception of SC's plot in my first playthrough. >_>

Directly related is the game's take on his "faceless" fame. Usually that'd be used for shapechangers, masters of disguise or just people who hide behind masks all the time... not for people who can make others forget their faces.

Edited by PiloTE

As useful as those anti-spell techniques generally are, her poor move, minimal attack range and usual distant placement from battle tends to make that craft useless for her indeed. Due to the way I organize formations, she tends to fail to reach enemies at first when I make her attack, and the fact she won't move when casting arts doesn't help.

I probably got to something like level 102. Of course, all sponsored by Shining Poms.

Ah I see. Maybe when I'm bored, I'll try griding to Level 100 myself. I'm quite interested in challenging...

Loewe with different characters. I heard he has unique lines with every character, although I wouldn't be surprised if they were short lines.

I've finished it yesterday, yes. So, fire away.

Come on, Normal mode isn't that hard. Okay, I had to redo boss battles a lot but well... easy mode started with those wolves doing no damage, and that pretty much made me say "screw it." Though I tried it again later, and it wasn't as trivial as I thought. Though I didn't grind at all, either...

Hard mode scares me though. The only Falcom hard mode I'd play is Ys 6's, since normal mode is piss easy with grinding.

I'm reminded of jump attacking enemies to reach higher ground in the final stages to get gold medals. There was also that really annoying flying mage-ish enemy that you had to defeat on a small platform with a chest in the middle. Yikes...

I had to redo a lot of bosses multiple times as well and barely won on a lot of them. I got stuck on the final boss and stopped there : (

PVs are basically trailers.

Right, that makes sense. I'll have to keep my eye out for developments then ^^

999 ISN'T AN EXCUSE ;__;

Memorable scenes, huh? I'll use a real spoiler then.

I'll just jump to FC's ending, since you talked about the opening; specifically, as far as Weissman is concerned. Made more interesting to me since I completely misunderstood it the first time I played, since I could barely read; I thought he was mind-controlling Joshua then, when it was almost the opposite. Given that, you can guess how messed-up was my perception of SC's plot in my first playthrough. >_>

Directly related is the game's take on his "faceless" fame. Usually that'd be used for shapechangers, masters of disguise or just people who hide behind masks all the time... not for people who can make others forget their faces.

...Whoa, just beat the game. That was pretty damn epic.

Oh, that's a good one. I think I should use double spoilers for my response...

...after all, this is a game-wrecking spoiler.

Anyway, that was indeed an epic scene. When I think of characters getting screwed up, I instantly think back to that scene, along with its sinister and sad music. Some of the revelations you could have guessed, from Joshua's actions, but Weissman being the mastermind wasn't something I suspected straightaway.

Joshua really had things bad. The fact that Joshua was used and without consciously knowing was incredibly sad and disturbing. Weismann's faux-pity comments were also incredibly chilling. That's before mentioning his dark past of being a puppet for the Ouroboros, as a organisation-destroying child assassin.

I was quite happy to wipe the smile off Weissman's smug face in SC. I could understand his motives, kind of, but he was still pretty demented by any standards.

Still FC, I was actually quite fond of Chapter 2's...

...school play. I've seen a bunch of these in anime, so it was cool to see one in Sora. Not quite sure what the point of the play, with regards to the plot was, but it was entertaining, if a bit surreal. Plus you got to see Princess "Cecilia". There's also some nice music made especially for the play.

Ah I see. Maybe when I'm bored, I'll try griding to Level 100 myself. I'm quite interested in challenging...

Loewe with different characters. I heard he has unique lines with every character, although I wouldn't be surprised if they were short lines.

Well, it's mostly a matter of going after those octopus-like monsters until they spawn with poms.

I'm pretty sure he does, though I admit I faced him with Agate and Klose both times...

I'm reminded of jump attacking enemies to reach higher ground in the final stages to get gold medals. There was also that really annoying flying mage-ish enemy that you had to defeat on a small platform with a chest in the middle. Yikes...

I had to redo a lot of bosses multiple times as well and barely won on a lot of them. I got stuck on the final boss and stopped there : (

I noticed too late chests that needed jump-attacking to be reached. Since I had no perspective of getting 19 (or so) gold coins to get the last of Hyperbolic's hats, I just struggled a little, shrugged and carried on.

I remember those damned mages, though... thankfully there are only a couple of them. But I almost raged when I thought I'd really have to fight that dragon under similar conditions...

The auto-revive accessory helped me a lot when trying to survive that poorly disguised ping-pong match.

Right, that makes sense. I'll have to keep my eye out for developments then ^^

I'll probably keep an eye too, but when you consider that what drew me into the series was the soundtrack and what made me stay was the gameplay... well, let's just say that I didn't care about the manga. The fact Floofy hasn't translated anything in the last few months didn't help, either.

...Whoa, just beat the game. That was pretty damn epic.

Your sister told me not to play it.

Now that means you'll resume the daily postings! ... right?

Oh, that's a good one. I think I should use double spoilers for my response...

...after all, this is a game-wrecking spoiler.

Anyway, that was indeed an epic scene. When I think of characters getting screwed up, I instantly think back to that scene, along with its sinister and sad music. Some of the revelations you could have guessed, from Joshua's actions, but Weissman being the mastermind wasn't something I suspected straightaway.

Joshua really had things bad. The fact that Joshua was used and without consciously knowing was incredibly sad and disturbing. Weismann's faux-pity comments were also incredibly chilling. That's before mentioning his dark past of being a puppet for the Ouroboros, as a organisation-destroying child assassin.

I was quite happy to wipe the smile off Weissman's smug face in SC. I could understand his motives, kind of, but he was still pretty demented by any standards.

I still don't know if Weissman's claim that Joshua was unknowingly keeping tabs on Estelle and the others and giving him info is true or if he was just messing with him. I guess I could have missed something.

I think I didn't particularly care about understanding his motive rant. And even if I tried, I forgot about it completely. But indeed, Weissman's expression of distress is awesome to behold.

Still FC, I was actually quite fond of Chapter 2's...

...school play. I've seen a bunch of these in anime, so it was cool to see one in Sora. Not quite sure what the point of the play, with regards to the plot was, but it was entertaining, if a bit surreal. Plus you got to see Princess "Cecilia". There's also some nice music made especially for the play.

Poor Joshua. And it isn't even the only time Estelle makes him crossdress.

Starting in FC but not quite ending there, I'm quite fond of the interaction of...

Agate and Tita. First because of the Russell kidnapping case, when Tita jumping in and ruins everything (and gets backhanded for it - later, I'd start joking to myself, since nobody else cared that backhanding someone is the ultimate proof of affection in the Sora no Kiseki universe); then, because of the hilarity surrounding their surrogate brother-sister relationship. They're completely honest and non-sexual about it, but everybody else thinks otherwise and Agate just reacts with complete incredulity to them. No generic anime embarrassment bs, just a plain what. (His "haaa?" played inside my head every time he said it. It probably amused me more than it should.)

That makes me kind of okay with Tita, even though she's a terrible fighter made of thin paper. >_>

Also, you should play 3rd. Or rather, watch it...

Edited by PiloTE

I noticed too late chests that needed jump-attacking to be reached. Since I had no perspective of getting 19 (or so) gold coins to get the last of Hyperbolic's hats, I just struggled a little, shrugged and carried on.

I remember those damned mages, though... thankfully there are only a couple of them. But I almost raged when I thought I'd really have to fight that dragon under similar conditions...

The auto-revive accessory helped me a lot when trying to survive that poorly disguised ping-pong match.

I can't quite remember, but I think I may have obtained all the gold medals in the final area. Unfortunately I think I'm still missing one, which may be from the Black Bean battle. I don't really think I'll be able to win that... Haven't tried yet though.

Well, didn't get a chance to, since my PC that ran Gurumin died before I completed my playthrough. If I want to play the game, it seems I need Windows XP installed (apparently it's possible to play Gurumin on 7, but I can't run it, might be because it's the Chinese version), but both of my new PCs won't load the XP CD.

I'd buy the PSP version, but I don't have a PSP yet and the large PC resolution has spoiled me. Not that Gurumin really screams for higher resolution.

I kept dying twice before the final boss reached even half HP. I must have been doing it wrong. I could beat them in Easy mode ;___;

I'll probably keep an eye too, but when you consider that what drew me into the series was the soundtrack and what made me stay was the gameplay... well, let's just say that I didn't care about the manga. The fact Floofy hasn't translated anything in the last few months didn't help, either.

There's also the fact that Falcom (or the manga serialisation company) pulled pretty much all the chapters of the manga, when it was initially free. I know some Chinese fans saved the chapters and may have scanlated all of them, but yeah, Sora without the music and gameplay doesn't quite feel right even though half of the game is advancing dialogue boxes. The anime should rectify one of these issues though.

Your sister told me not to play it.

Now that means you'll resume the daily postings! ... right?

Is that right? Sure it wasn't reverse-psychology or something? You probably don't really want to play the game... Don't do it... don't...... Do it!

Not quite. I need to get back to my art piece. I have a nagging feeling that I'll be cutting the deadline very close... 'Cause I can be so frickin' lazy.

I still don't know if Weissman's claim that Joshua was unknowingly keeping tabs on Estelle and the others and giving him info is true or if he was just messing with him. I guess I could have missed something.

I think I didn't particularly care about understanding his motive rant. And even if I tried, I forgot about it completely. But indeed, Weissman's expression of distress is awesome to behold.

Oh that part... I'm not really sure either, I may have misread it as well (too many things to take in). I know for sure that Joshua did leak information about Cassius's movements, or at least he believed so. That was one of his excuses for running away from Estelle IIRC, or he brings it up at least.

If it wasn't for Joshua's intel, I don't think Campanella would have been able to lead Cassius away from Liberl. Then again, I haven't played the 3rd, so I don't know much about his(her?) character much.

Poor Joshua. And it isn't even the only time Estelle makes him crossdress.

Starting in FC but not quite ending there, I'm quite fond of the interaction of...

Agate and Tita. First because of the Russell kidnapping case, when Tita jumping in and ruins everything (and gets backhanded for it - later, I'd start joking to myself, since nobody else cared that backhanding someone is the ultimate proof of affection in the Sora no Kiseki universe); then, because of the hilarity surrounding their surrogate brother-sister relationship. They're completely honest and non-sexual about it, but everybody else thinks otherwise and Agate just reacts with complete incredulity to them. No generic anime embarrassment bs, just a plain what. (His "haaa?" played inside my head every time he said it. It probably amused me more than it should.)

That makes me kind of okay with Tita, even though she's a terrible fighter made of thin paper. >_>

Also, you should play 3rd. Or rather, watch it...

Quite right X D

Ah... I see. You mean this?

agatetita.jpg

Just kidding.

I agree that Agate x Tita is quite a cute "couple"; I really liked the events in SC, around the time Agate gets wounded by Loewe, where Tita tries to comfort Agate and expresses her true thoughts about him. Hmm, I can't seem to describe the happenings without it seeming romantic, I wonder if that was intentional?

And when you throw Olivier into the mix... I always laugh when Tita takes Olivier's comments about Agate seriously. Such as claiming Agate wants to spent quality time with Olivier, etc.

I can just about see that Agate x Tita is going to get a heck more complicated in the 3rd. I'm actually quite surprised that Tita's parents came back. I thought for sure it would like Professor Layton or other games, where you'd never see these parents in the game.

I'll get to the 3rd eventually. I kind of like to space out the Sora games since they're pretty long and...

...several of the locations are repeated.

Additionally, there's a bunch of games coming out soon, which will probably eat away at my time. I've got stuff like Radiant Historia coming out on February 22nd, followed by stuff like Phantom Brave Portable and this game in English in March.

I also don't want to leave a huge gap after playing the 3rd and before the Chinese version of Zero comes out. Not that I have any clue when it's coming out and there's inevitably going to be a huge gap between Zero and the next Kiseki game.

Back onto memorable scenes, I'll move on ahead to SC, to a scene I sort of mentioned briefly before...

...which is the military negotiations in Chapter 8. ****, a legion of steam powered tanks armed with gunpowder in the post-Orbal Revolution age? I was quite surprised (although I really shouldn't have been) with Klose's ability to persuade General Vander (sp?) to withdraw the army. I guess she really has grown up *sniff*

Then he appears and wrecks all your plans at preserving peace. I figured he might betray me sooner or later, but that had to be the worst possible time to do. Even though...

...in the end, he was on your side after all. I should have seen that coming, but there was too much happening at once. Well, he does return in the 3rd as an ally, so I shouldn't have been too surprised.

I can't quite remember, but I think I may have obtained all the gold medals in the final area. Unfortunately I think I'm still missing one, which may be from the Black Bean battle. I don't really think I'll be able to win that... Haven't tried yet though.

Well, didn't get a chance to, since my PC that ran Gurumin died before I completed my playthrough. If I want to play the game, it seems I need Windows XP installed (apparently it's possible to play Gurumin on 7, but I can't run it, might be because it's the Chinese version), but both of my new PCs won't load the XP CD.

I'd buy the PSP version, but I don't have a PSP yet and the large PC resolution has spoiled me. Not that Gurumin really screams for higher resolution.

I kept dying twice before the final boss reached even half HP. I must have been doing it wrong. I could beat them in Easy mode ;___;

I settled with silvers. Sure, I could've gotten golds, but I just didn't care anymore.

I played it on 7 indeed, though I had to use a "mini cd" image to get it running.

Indeed. Boss routines only change in hard iirc. While the damage might be different (leveling could help, perhaps?), his behavior should be the same.

There's also the fact that Falcom (or the manga serialisation company) pulled pretty much all the chapters of the manga, when it was initially free. I know some Chinese fans saved the chapters and may have scanlated all of them, but yeah, Sora without the music and gameplay doesn't quite feel right even though half of the game is advancing dialogue boxes. The anime should rectify one of these issues though.

I can only hope that they'll treat us with a good soundtrack, there. Though to be perfectly honest, I'm not expecting much.

Is that right? Sure it wasn't reverse-psychology or something? You probably don't really want to play the game... Don't do it... don't...... Do it!

Not quite. I need to get back to my art piece. I have a nagging feeling that I'll be cutting the deadline very close... 'Cause I can be so frickin' lazy.

You two are so silly.

Viiiiiinceeeeeent

Oh that part... I'm not really sure either, I may have misread it as well (too many things to take in). I know for sure that Joshua did leak information about Cassius's movements, or at least he believed so. That was one of his excuses for running away from Estelle IIRC, or he brings it up at least.

If it wasn't for Joshua's intel, I don't think Campanella would have been able to lead Cassius away from Liberl. Then again, I haven't played the 3rd, so I don't know much about his(her?) character much.

Hm, I do slightly remember the Cassius part. And yeah, he brings up the mole issue to justify his exit.

You won't know much more about him (pretty sure it's a dude) in 3rd.

Quite right X D

Ah... I see. You mean this?

agatetita.jpg

Just kidding.

I agree that Agate x Tita is quite a cute "couple"; I really liked the events in SC, around the time Agate gets wounded by Loewe, where Tita tries to comfort Agate and expresses her true thoughts about him. Hmm, I can't seem to describe the happenings without it seeming romantic, I wonder if that was intentional?

And when you throw Olivier into the mix... I always laugh when Tita takes Olivier's comments about Agate seriously. Such as claiming Agate wants to spent quality time with Olivier, etc.

I can just about see that Agate x Tita is going to get a heck more complicated in the 3rd. I'm actually quite surprised that Tita's parents came back. I thought for sure it would like Professor Layton or other games, where you'd never see these parents in the game.

Silly Vincent.

Well, I can see them appearing as a couple next time they appear in a regular Kiseki game (if ever), but for now... even if Tita might have somewhat of a childish crush on him, Agate is no pedo. Sadly for him, everybody else disagrees.

lol Olivier. He's just trolling the whole time.

Oh, those two. XD

I'll get to the 3rd eventually. I kind of like to space out the Sora games since they're pretty long and...

...several of the locations are repeated.

Additionally, there's a bunch of games coming out soon, which will probably eat away at my time. I've got stuff like Radiant Historia coming out on February 22nd, followed by stuff like Phantom Brave Portable and this game in English in March.

I also don't want to leave a huge gap after playing the 3rd and before the Chinese version of Zero comes out. Not that I have any clue when it's coming out and there's inevitably going to be a huge gap between Zero and the next Kiseki game.

Well, 3rd really focuses a bit heavily on backstories and "what were they doing after SC?" I like to say it's really a fanservice game, though that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable.

Back onto memorable scenes, I'll move on ahead to SC, to a scene I sort of mentioned briefly before...

...which is the military negotiations in Chapter 8. ****, a legion of steam powered tanks armed with gunpowder in the post-Orbal Revolution age? I was quite surprised (although I really shouldn't have been) with Klose's ability to persuade General Vander (sp?) to withdraw the army. I guess she really has grown up *sniff*

Then he appears and wrecks all your plans at preserving peace. I figured he might betray me sooner or later, but that had to be the worst possible time to do. Even though...

...in the end, he was on your side after all. I should have seen that coming, but there was too much happening at once. Well, he does return in the 3rd as an ally, so I shouldn't have been too surprised.

Memorable SC scenes? Well, there's that one where they-

HEY YOU MENTIONED IT ALREADY

As I mentioned before, Olivier trolling around all the time. I wonder if he'll be back in the next Kiseki game? Well, provided it's in Erebonia and not Galahad, I guess.

Let me see if I can think of anything... well, I'll just go back to FC for now. Even though I said I prefer SC, and this isn't exactly a particular scene.

I liked it when you started dealing with that special ops group (the guys in black). I blame the music.

On the other hand, that reminds me of SC's royal palace siege. It had potential, but I don't remember the hostage rescue really making a lot of sense...

I wonder how much you know about 3rd's cast, playable and otherwise.

I settled with silvers. Sure, I could've gotten golds, but I just didn't care anymore.

I played it on 7 indeed, though I had to use a "mini cd" image to get it running.

Indeed. Boss routines only change in hard iirc. While the damage might be different (leveling could help, perhaps?), his behavior should be the same.

Mini CD image? Is this like playing an ISO or using virtual CD drives? I don't really want to bother downloading ISOs when I've got the actual game :S

Hm, I do slightly remember the Cassius part. And yeah, he brings up the mole issue to justify his exit.

You won't know much more about him (pretty sure it's a dude) in 3rd.

Okay, just checking. I think it's strongly hinted that they're a dude, but I'm not going to make any assumptions, especially in an anime-esque game.

Silly Vincent.

Well, I can see them appearing as a couple next time they appear in a regular Kiseki game (if ever), but for now... even if Tita might have somewhat of a childish crush on him, Agate is no pedo. Sadly for him, everybody else disagrees.

lol Olivier. He's just trolling the whole time.

Oh, those two. XD

But that's what Olivier's really like, right? Fortunately the internet isn't around in Sora, although with the current technological developments, maybe it's only a matter of time...

Well, 3rd really focuses a bit heavily on backstories and "what were they doing after SC?" I like to say it's really a fanservice game, though that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable.

I think I've heard that comparison before. Perhaps from you? : o

Memorable SC scenes? Well, there's that one where they-

HEY YOU MENTIONED IT ALREADY

As I mentioned before, Olivier trolling around all the time. I wonder if he'll be back in the next Kiseki game? Well, provided it's in Erebonia and not Galahad, I guess.

Let me see if I can think of anything... well, I'll just go back to FC for now. Even though I said I prefer SC, and this isn't exactly a particular scene.

I liked it when you started dealing with that special ops group (the guys in black). I blame the music.

On the other hand, that reminds me of SC's royal palace siege. It had potential, but I don't remember the hostage rescue really making a lot of sense...

I wonder how much you know about 3rd's cast, playable and otherwise.

I wouldn't be surprised, Olivier seems like a pretty popular character.

Sort of related, I'm quite curious as to the results of the popularity poll from the Kiseki festa. Yeah, there are probably unofficial polls around, but official ones are pretty useful as well. Need to enter my vote as well... come on, you can do it...

As for the Special Ops guys, do you mean head on, around the end of Chapter 3 (rescuing Dr. Russel)? Or maybe during Chapter 2 when they worked with Gilbert and the mayor?

I thought it was cool to fight them, in general, as well. I can't believe they had the balls to show up in public at Grancel, but by then, everything was according to plan anyway. All in all, they were a pretty interesting group of enemies; they were ruthless, but still pure in their desire to raise Liberl above the rest of the countries. It was really weird watching them help you in SC though...

SC's siege did end a bit weird. I was hoping for a boss battle or something, for a moment I thought that you'd fight all four at once. BTW, do you have any idea what their collective title would be in English? I'm thinking "Executioners", but that has a double meaning (it makes sense for people like...

Renne

...but not Campanella.

In the end, they were stopped by two of the Sword Saint's apprentices and... I think, four Bracers, one of which is a former Ouroboros member and the other the Sword Saint's daughter. They also lost their hostages. So I guess both sides were even at best, so no reason for the Ouroboros to exert effort when there's a greater plan in motion.

I checked the official site of the 3rd out of curiosity...

...so I know the first (or only?) 16 characters. None of them were really surprising though, except maybe Renne, but I saw her as a playable character ages ago. Same with Richard.

Edited by VincentASM

Mini CD image? Is this like playing an ISO or using virtual CD drives? I don't really want to bother downloading ISOs when I've got the actual game :S

It's a kind of mock image used it a virtual drive. As reference, its size is less than 500kb. Of course, I'm not sure if it would be of any use with the Chinese edition...

Okay, just checking. I think it's strongly hinted that they're a dude, but I'm not going to make any assumptions, especially in an anime-esque game.

I can understand that.

But that's what Olivier's really like, right? Fortunately the internet isn't around in Sora, although with the current technological developments, maybe it's only a matter of time...

I think I've heard that comparison before. Perhaps from you? : o

I guess you can see a bit of his serious side in 3rd... it isn't much though. So yeah, making fun of everything around him is his lifestyle.

It's possible. I'm not sure.

I wouldn't be surprised, Olivier seems like a pretty popular character.

Sort of related, I'm quite curious as to the results of the popularity poll from the Kiseki festa. Yeah, there are probably unofficial polls around, but official ones are pretty useful as well. Need to enter my vote as well... come on, you can do it...

As for the Special Ops guys, do you mean head on, around the end of Chapter 3 (rescuing Dr. Russel)? Or maybe during Chapter 2 when they worked with Gilbert and the mayor?

I thought it was cool to fight them, in general, as well. I can't believe they had the balls to show up in public at Grancel, but by then, everything was according to plan anyway. All in all, they were a pretty interesting group of enemies; they were ruthless, but still pure in their desire to raise Liberl above the rest of the countries. It was really weird watching them help you in SC though...

SC's siege did end a bit weird. I was hoping for a boss battle or something, for a moment I thought that you'd fight all four at once. BTW, do you have any idea what their collective title would be in English? I'm thinking "Executioners", but that has a double meaning (it makes sense for people like...

Renne

...but not Campanella.

In the end, they were stopped by two of the Sword Saint's apprentices and... I think, four Bracers, one of which is a former Ouroboros member and the other the Sword Saint's daughter. They also lost their hostages. So I guess both sides were even at best, so no reason for the Ouroboros to exert effort when there's a greater plan in motion.

I checked the official site of the 3rd out of curiosity...

...so I know the first (or only?) 16 characters. None of them were really surprising though, except maybe Renne, but I saw her as a playable character ages ago. Same with Richard.

He is indeed. But my only basis is one of Falcom's latest calendar wallpapers, though, so it's kind of a wild guess.

I mean fighting them. Their battle theme felt like shit was getting serious - let's face it, most of the other FC battle themes are kind of silly.

IIRC they're Legions.

And the two apprentices were melee combatants, as well. Sure, Richard is broken as hell (you'll see it when you play 3rd - actually, this is why I asked), but he's still a melee fighter. >_>

Well, it's true that they didn't really need the hostages after all, but well.

I see. I ended up spoiling myself heavily when watching their weekly updates. >_>

3rd includes Renne's backstory in one sidequest. It's... interesting.

Had to abandon this thread for a couple of reasons. Just going to make one more post before going on another hiatus ^^;

It's a kind of mock image used it a virtual drive. As reference, its size is less than 500kb. Of course, I'm not sure if it would be of any use with the Chinese edition...

Ah, okay, that was the first I've heard of it. When I salvage my save files from my old hard drive, I should look into using one.

He is indeed. But my only basis is one of Falcom's latest calendar wallpapers, though, so it's kind of a wild guess.

I mean fighting them. Their battle theme felt like shit was getting serious - let's face it, most of the other FC battle themes are kind of silly.

IIRC they're Legions.

And the two apprentices were melee combatants, as well. Sure, Richard is broken as hell (you'll see it when you play 3rd - actually, this is why I asked), but he's still a melee fighter. >_>

Well, it's true that they didn't really need the hostages after all, but well.

I see. I ended up spoiling myself heavily when watching their weekly updates. >_>

3rd includes Renne's backstory in one sidequest. It's... interesting.

Oh, literally. They were pretty nasty foes, I'd agree with that. Then the Ouroboros came... yikes!

Legions, huh? Sounds kind of odd, but this is Falcom we're talking about. So you'd have stuff like Legion No. II Leonhardt?

Not sure about the weekly updates, but the official site already seems pretty spoiler-y to me.

****, you get to fight Cassius?

Then again, the 3rd was probably the Sora game I knew the least about, so I guess it kind of balances out.

It sounds interesting : o

Anyway, I finally finished that art piece I was mentioning about.

Hopefully you'll see it on Falcom's site later (dunno if I submitted it correctly), but here's a preview in the meantime.

klosepreview.png

NTG helped me fix up a bunch of stuff after scanning. All in all, I suppose it turned out okay; I think Klose looks fine, but I'm not really fond of the furniture (I'm never drawing/colouring wood again).

Edited by VincentASM

Had to abandon this thread for a couple of reasons. Just going to make one more post before going on another hiatus ^^;

HOW COULD YOU VINCENT

Oh, literally. They were pretty nasty foes, I'd agree with that. Then the Ouroboros came... yikes!

Legions, huh? Sounds kind of odd, but this is Falcom we're talking about. So you'd have stuff like Legion No. II Leonhardt?

Yes, exactly that.

Not sure about the weekly updates, but the official site already seems pretty spoiler-y to me.

****, you get to fight Cassius?

By weekly updates, I meant the stuff they added to the site.

I was hoping you hadn't read that.

Then again, the 3rd was probably the Sora game I knew the least about, so I guess it kind of balances out.

It sounds interesting : o

Anyway, I finally finished that art piece I was mentioning about.

Hopefully you'll see it on Falcom's site later (dunno if I submitted it correctly), but here's a preview in the meantime.

klosepreview.png

NTG helped me fix up a bunch of stuff after scanning. All in all, I suppose it turned out okay; I think Klose looks fine, but I'm not really fond of the furniture (I'm never drawing/colouring wood again).

There aren't a lot more of spoilers in it, though.

First time trying and already giving up, Vincent?

• 1 month later...

Back from the dead! Hmm, dunno where to continue off from, so this will be a bit random...

First time trying and already giving up, Vincent?

Actually, I get the feeling I've drawn wood back in high school Art. All that matters is that it's a ***** to get looking right. That or I fail at art oh wait, didn't I already admit this?.

Slightly off-topic so's a lot of stuff in this thread, but hot damn @ the Chinese PC version of Zero no Kiseki. In the beginning, I didn't think we'd even get a PC version, let alone a HD verison and now it's coming out in Summer this year. Now I've got an excuse to start The 3rd soon (maybe after Phantom Brave).

Anyway, in less than 2 weeks time, some people might actually *gasp* understand half of what's going on in this thread. It still feels kind of unreal that Sora is coming out in English. Sort of like when FE7 first came out, good times.

I wish there would be a Japanese HD PC version instead... oh well, I'll have to be satisfied with the PSP version once I manage to get it running - be it legally, semi-legally or illegally.

It's a pity that it'll probably take a good few years until SC is released overseas, though. That article you linked (or was it somewhere else? I forget) said FC took three years to be finished, and SC is twice as big... though I guess a great deal of localization issues have already been dealt with.

But apparently they've already dubbed SC and 3rd.

I wish there would be a Japanese HD PC version instead... oh well, I'll have to be satisfied with the PSP version once I manage to get it running - be it legally, semi-legally or illegally.

By legally, do you mean you're considering buying a PSP? I'm still kind of on the fence of actually buying one, despite owning 5 games for it...

For some reason, I can almost see Falcom releasing a Japanese HD version of Zero no Kiseki. Of course it won't be on the PC, but being on the PS3 should satisfy most fans, right? It seems there are signs everywhere that Falcom's been developing for home consoles and it still seems to me that Falcom's been too involved with the Chinese PC version for their own good.

It's a pity that it'll probably take a good few years until SC is released overseas, though. That article you linked (or was it somewhere else? I forget) said FC took three years to be finished, and SC is twice as big... though I guess a great deal of localization issues have already been dealt with.

But apparently they've already dubbed SC and 3rd.

Yeah, the article mentions it took 3 years, although from what I can tell, it's actually only 1 year and 4 months, but the schedule only touches on two of the years.

By legally, do you mean you're considering buying a PSP? I'm still kind of on the fence of actually buying one, despite owning 5 games for it...

Yeah. I wouldn't buy a game for a system I don't have... so you know my opinion about this. >_>

For some reason, I can almost see Falcom releasing a Japanese HD version of Zero no Kiseki. Of course it won't be on the PC, but being on the PS3 should satisfy most fans, right? It seems there are signs everywhere that Falcom's been developing for home consoles and it still seems to me that Falcom's been too involved with the Chinese PC version for their own good.

Well, it's a fact that they want to make PC games, but can't because of economic issues... but yeah, they did talk about other consoles when releasing Ys Seven, for instance.

Yeah, the article mentions it took 3 years, although from what I can tell, it's actually only 1 year and 4 months, but the schedule only touches on two of the years.

I'm sure the folks of ALoY have the answer to that puzzle. The question is whether they're willing to share it, I guess.

EDIT, because the rules don't allow me to doublepost in this case (the only other person who cares probably already knows it):

Ao no Kiseki, they say. It seems my guess of Olivier's involvement (based on a calendar wallpaper) wasn't so far-fetched. And neither were the claims of Zero no Kiseki SC.

Edited by TheEnd

• 2 weeks later...
EDIT, because the rules don't allow me to doublepost in this case (the only other person who cares probably already knows it):

Ao no Kiseki, they say. It seems my guess of Olivier's involvement (based on a calendar wallpaper) wasn't so far-fetched. And neither were the claims of Zero no Kiseki SC.

Haha, you were right on the mark on both cases. I was sort of half right that it wasn't another "Zero no Kiseki", but it's still a direct sequel to it, so...

It wasn't so long ago, but I can't really remember the previous Falcom game buildups. Is it just me or did Falcom announce Ao no Kiseki really early compared to its release date (September 29 is 6 months away)? I'm not referring to stuff like announcing Ys SEVEN, LoH7, Zwei II and all those other sequels without any real information (that was really badass though).

Anyway, this is just my personal bias, but I'm really hoping Klose and a couple of more Sora characters make an appearance in this game. From what I've read, the game, despite taking place in Crossbell, will involve a lot of the surrounding countries. Also, Falcom is hyping it as the most climatic Kiseki to date, which leads me to imagine a huge character get together.

While this looks like an unusually early announcement... the Sora no Kiseki FC version I played already had a SC trailer. But since we know Falcom sometimes updates their releases in a relevant way (for instance, I played FC without voice acting; the Vista version, however, had voices, like the PSP port), I might have downloaded a later version...

Well, Crossbell is a disputed territory after all. But I wouldn't be too hopeful about Kloe, unless we get a full-blown war rolling...