Splices for my hack

iavasechui

There's nothing much wrong with them. They're clean simple splices. What do you want us to say? :<

XD I dunno anything, I feel like I'm talking to a wall when no one comments at all good or bad.

Oh does anyone have an idea what class Ruby (the red haired girl) should be?

The Yahn splice should be a pirate.

Yeah I was leaning towards pirate. I noticed that I had a rather severe lack of axe users, I really do to make a couple of Fighters or something.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was considering making her the dancer... I guess she could be an npc.

My comment was a shot at her design, if anything. It's rather bland, and she really doesn't look like she'd fit into a class. I'm not saying the design has to be OMGWTFSPARKLESEVERYWHERE (I mean, look at Dorcas), but, if you wanted her to be a dancer, you could give her a more dancer-ish outfit.

I will not deny that the primary reason I chose that dress was for the hand... I'm not very good at making splices between different outfits to make a new one... so I'm not sure how to change her outfit... any suggestions?

I will not deny that the primary reason I chose that dress was for the hand... I'm not very good at making splices between different outfits to make a new one... so I'm not sure how to change her outfit... any suggestions?

Suggestions? Try stuff, mess around, experiment. I'm not really good at suggesting things for splicing o ~ o I haven't spliced in at least half a year, now, and have moved to FCing, so, if I were to do it, I'd just make a new dress myself xD

Really, experimenting is the only way you're gonna get better, and spice it up. Just give it a try. If you goof, you goof, and at least you can say you've tried, then.

Fighter

Rollo1.png

Brigand

Rollo2.png

Wyvern rider

Vlad2.png

Also, she looks nothing like a wyvern rider, but I imagine her as one anyways.

Adele1.png

These okay?

Edit: Forgot to mention, but if you see anything else you need in my gallery you can use them, just ask first.

Edited by Maklo

Well, lesse. The fighter and the brigand are both named Rollo, so your probably going to have to change one of their names, maybe somethin norwegian cause norwegian names are cool. The guy with the beard is named Vlad and the girl's name is Adele. I don't really mind if you change them, though.

I like the names XD though Rollo reminds me of that priest in Dragon Quest 8 (XD still want to know how the hell he escaped that dungeon alive after sacrificing what should have been his only way out to help the party escape)

Indeed, it does look better.

Finally got around to doing Isabel. I tried to keep the clothing the same, which I think I did an okay job on. I also tinkered around with her palette a bit.

Isabel1.png

A question, though. I was wondering if there were any of your splices that you would rather not have remade? At first I was thinking of redoing all of them, but then I figured if you were okay with a splice then there is little point in remaking them.

Yay, less generic but not by much. Also, what's up with her eyebrow? 20b995b8e1c52d1440d2262a8b84afae.png

XD my crappy attempt to fix where Rebecca's eyebrow is covered... I have no idea how to make it look right, that was about where I gave up... -_-; I'm surprised no one mentioned it earlier honestly.

XD my crappy attempt to fix where Rebecca's eyebrow is covered... I have no idea how to make it look right, that was about where I gave up... -_-; I'm surprised no one mentioned it earlier honestly.

ae2eb09c63f4f22b9e83b58d27b635f2.png

There ya go.

Oh, he beat me to it. Oh well, I gave it a whirl too. Ignore the stuff I did on the shirt. I tried to change it, but then I got lazy and gave up. One thing I noticed was that the cloak used the first skin color instead of the eye white so I added that.

dancerfix.png

Indeed, it does look better.

Finally got around to doing Isabel. I tried to keep the clothing the same, which I think I did an okay job on. I also tinkered around with her palette a bit.

Isabel1.png

A question, though. I was wondering if there were any of your splices that you would rather not have remade? At first I was thinking of redoing all of them, but then I figured if you were okay with a splice then there is little point in remaking them.

Wow she definitely looks more like a princess now. She seems much younger now too....

Hmm well I'm utterly in love with how this guy Untitled.png turned out (XD he needs a name badly though), As well as Warder warder.png, though he looks like he has some serious trim issues which is what I get for using Old!Karel's coat....

One that definitely needs work though is this guy Saul_Recolor.png XD I believe I mentioned the shameless recolor of Saul earlier. He's not urgent though, I have no idea when he'll be introduced, won't be too late though, as he's an un-promoted priest so needs to come early enough to not be useless.

Hmm out of curiosity would it be possible to make new staves that copy the effects of Ninian's rings?

Edit: Thank you guys so much for fixing Ruby's eyebrow!!!

Edited by iavasechui

Oh, he beat me to it. Oh well, I gave it a whirl too. Ignore the stuff I did on the shirt. I tried to change it, but then I got lazy and gave up. One thing I noticed was that the cloak used the first skin color instead of the eye white so I added that.

dancerfix.png

Your eyebrow's too high, and is using too much of the 5th shade :E

It makes the eyebrow stand out too much.

Rebecca's got that weird highbrow thing going on in her original portrait too. Though, generally speaking her eyebrows are higher than what most mugs have, in both my edit and Rebecca's original mug. As for the fifth shade thing, lots of FE7 mugs use the fifth shade heavily. And I'm not talking about people with thick eyebrows either. But meh, it was a quick fix. Though I did change other things, you know.

EDIT: BTW if you need weapon icons done for your hack I could do those too. I gave weapon icon spriting a try and I found it wasn't too hard to do.

All this talk about eyebrow has made me realize that the eyebrows on that mug I just posted need some fixing.

Edited by Maklo

^_^; well I wouldn't mind, though do you HAVE to replace an existing weapon if you want to make a new one? Like I mentioned earlier about possibly making staves that worked liked Ninian's rings would I have to replace something to add the staff?

Rebecca's got that weird highbrow thing going on in her original portrait too. Though, generally speaking her eyebrows are higher than what most mugs have, in both my edit and Rebecca's original mug. As for the fifth shade thing, lots of FE7 mugs use the fifth shade heavily. And I'm not talking about people with thick eyebrows either. But meh, it was a quick fix. Though I did change other things, you know.

There are always exceptions. Rebecca's weird like that.

And, I know they use the fifth shade heavily, but on female characters where the eyebrow is not directly under the hair (see Priscilla) they use the 4th shade, sticking the 5th shade at parts where the eyebrow touches the hair. There's also the fact that this hair is red, and the 5th shade is seriously sticking out against said color, where the 4th shade blends in much better.

And I did notice the other changes, but, the color changes to the shirt were extremely contrasting, especially for FE7 colors, and the shading is kinda chunky :E

Sorrrrryyyyyyy.

There are always exceptions. Rebecca's weird like that.

I know that's what I was getting at. It's kinda like Anna's eyebrows.

And, I know they use the fifth shade heavily, but on female characters where the eyebrow is not directly under the hair (see Priscilla) they use the 4th shade, sticking the 5th shade at parts where the eyebrow touches the hair. There's also the fact that this hair is red, and the 5th shade is seriously sticking out against said color, where the 4th shade blends in much better.

I suppose. FE7 mugs aren't always consistent anyways. Take Sonia's eyebrows for example.

And I did notice the other changes, but, the color changes to the shirt were extremely contrasting, especially for FE7 colors, and the shading is kinda chunky :E

:P

^_^; well I wouldn't mind, though do you HAVE to replace an existing weapon if you want to make a new one? Like I mentioned earlier about possibly making staves that worked liked Ninian's rings would I have to replace something to add the staff?

I would imagine you would have to replace existing ones. Though, I don't think it would be too hard to do since you could just replace weapons/items that are unique to FE7. For example, you could take the rings, give them a staff icon and change their weapon type to staves. Though, I think the way those ring effects work is a bit wonky so I don't know if that would work in this case. Having said that I could also do PRF and S rank weapons, if you don't want to use what's already in FE7.

There are plenty of other things you could replace to, like emblem weapons for example or whatever.