Sholes' Sprites

Dr.Sholes

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you did with Rath, i.e. just add age to his original FE portrait :P

There's one like that too, once the patch releases you'll understand why he is that way. It would be helpful if you'd give me advice on how to make the one I just posted less messy or flow better.

Rath still looks old as sin, his father looks younger than him. Or at the very least in much better health.

Rath is supposed to look unhealthy, being kicked out of your clan does that :P:. Got any ideas on how to make him better?

Rath is supposed to look unhealthy, being kicked out of your clan does that :P:. Got any ideas on how to make him better?

bjep.png

not sure where you're getting your info

and look to Dayan for reference, they are directly related, they should have some resemblance when Rath ages.

bjep.png

not sure where you're getting your info

and look to Dayan for reference, they are directly related, they should have some resemblance when Rath ages.

Alright, I though he wasn't in his tribe for a few years after so that's my bad. :(: I will do that and I'll have an update soon, then.

Alright, I though he wasn't in his tribe for a few years after so that's my bad. :(: I will do that and I'll have an update soon, then.

Rath was banished-type-thing from his tribe when he was four because a Shaman predicted he was supposed to "stop the burning". But unless you're going for deep emotional scars affecting his physical health with a time delay of ten years, and seeing as he looks fine in Blazing Sword, he should look younger than Dayan.

Sholiolio, Rath's nose looks real messed up, and I'm not talking about what I think is a nose ring.

Ding-ding-ding! It is a nose-ring! You win a free beer!! :P:

Yeah, I'm still trying to make the nose-ring work so it's probably the shading from that that's messing up the nose.

*Runs to go fix*

I'm sorry, but you really can't come up with any idea for a map that fits your purpose that isn't a worse version of an already existing map? People will like something original a lot more, and it won't have to be directly compared to its original if it's not a copy. And yeah, KoT's hate of FE8 made him nice to you. Those mountains don't flow at all.

Hook-nose looks evil enough, don't hate him.

for the record, I don't hate FE8, I just hate their maps because they're all pretty damn shitty.

on topic, yes, agreeing here, what's the point of making an 'original hack' with things as unoriginal as maps. If they were from FE7/6, at least they'd make sense.

The river looks a bit odd, but I'm not a mapper, so I can't really say why. As a player, that forest/fort combo near the ruined village would cause me to raeg.

Thats probably because the lower bang of the river uses two of the same tile in a row. Which is general problem with the map right now. Tile spam is bad. Bottom tile of the middle moutain doesn't work. Other than that the mountains are kinda boring and awkward, but not technically incorrect. So try sprucing them up, and use references to keep them correct.

Better. Use the other curve river tile at 1,3 (you could've just replaced one of the straight diagonal rivers with this). Top path is still cut off. Bottom left mountain should have a larger shaded side, meaning you might have to make the bright side smaller. Center mountain is much improved.