LayleavsLeen

PuffPuff

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which dancer?

• Leen
    • Laylea

They're very interchangeable, I think charisma is a bit overrated when compared to inheritance. TBH but that can go either way. Anyways I pick Leen because she's easier on the eyes dumb reason but a reason.

That's it; YOU'RE my new Adrian in Black.

Goddammit. I want my title back, STAT.

Anyway, per inheritance on Leen, and this might be common-knowledge-that-Integrity-doesn't-know like many things in FE4, but what does she inherit? If you pass down the Leg/Knight Rings you're denied their loveliness for, say, Celice in C6 and most (hell, we'll call it all) of C7 and Patty does a fine job getting them to her anyway IME.

Just curious.

EDIT: Bargain Ring. I'll just strike this out...

Also finally cast my vote for Laylea.

Edited by Integrity

Picked Leen because I find her far better looking than Laylea. Who needs a third charisma bot (moreover since she had no staying power unlike Nanna and Delmud she was just too far behind my front line to even give the extra hit/dodge to anyone that mattered when I tested her. Leen on the other has infinitely more survivability and I doesn't fear for her life when putting her near the action) when you have lolsety to take care of nearly everything without even the use of the first two bot.

Being able to inherit the defense sword is another good point for Leen but it doesn't mean too much for me so it's really down to "does I want an ugly or a cute dancer?"

Edited by Sartek

Eh. Both have their merits, and I have no preference one over the other. It depends on how much favoritism I'm giving to Lakche, really, than the actual dancers themselves.

Because I'm a Lakche fangirl and like hell I'm gonna let Sety stay in the castle and Valkstaff. But on those few runs where I decide to experiment with Ayra pairings, Valkstaff is obsolete anyway.

Both do their job well enough. As long as they exist it's good enough for me.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• 2 weeks later...

Um, if you plan to just use Laylea for her Charisma after having her sell the Barrier Sword to Altenna, wouldn't that be relying on skills instead of stats? Stats mean more than skills IMO, and if a Lex!Arthur had very low stats (compared to the enemies) and was at level 30 and in the single digits, would that mean Wrath would do normal damage compared to a good Azel!Arthur?

I'd say Laylea. Sharlow is better than Corple (no way am I pairing Lex with Sylvia. Ambush and Elite have better people to go to) due to elite and actually good magic, not to mention A staves after promotion, and three charismas is fun. Laylea doesn't really care for the Barrier Sword, she can sell it for a bit to contribute to the Knight Ring and the Leg Ring. The Valkyrie Staff isn't necessary. If you use good strategy you shouldn't need it too much. And if you really want you can give Valkyrie to Sety, and Holsety to Arthur.

Um, if you plan to just use Laylea for her Charisma after having her sell the Barrier Sword to Altenna, wouldn't that be relying on skills instead of stats? Stats mean more than skills IMO, and if a Lex!Arthur had very low stats (compared to the enemies) and was at level 30 and in the single digits, would that mean Wrath would do normal damage compared to a good Azel!Arthur?

Arthur is a combat unit. He can't do anything other than fight in order to be useful. Thus, his stats are important. Leen/Laylea are dancers. They don't need to fight in order to be useful, and their combat is terrible anyway. Thus, their stats are not really important.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I've been out of the FE community for WAY too long. Since when the fans' opinion tide turned in favour of Lynn?! One or two years ago, Leilia was all the rage, and Lynn utterly disliked!

In any case, my opinion has never changed since: Lynn is my favourite of the two. Barrier Sword is cool, but Skills and Items inheritance is better IMO. And, I much prefer Lynn's looks.

I'm also surprised by Leen being preferred. It was my understanding Laylea was more desirable. Apparently not.

I prefer Laylea. Not for the Barrier Sword but for Charisma. Because who doesn't love having more Charisma? The Barrier Sword is a nice bonus, though. But they both work, so it doesn't really matter. They just have different selling points. Fuck both of their looks. Green/pink and orange/black are both unappealing, IMO.