LayleavsLeen

PuffPuff

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which dancer?

• Leen
    • Laylea

I vote Laylea of course because of having the Barrier Sword. Very useful for blocking out the Mages towards the endgame that uses Sleep and Silence on you. I recommend giving it to Fee/Femina, so that she cannot be put to sleep. Plus her brother gets Elite(Very recommended during his joining time), and that he gets the Berserk Staff.

Needn't I need to say more...

Laylea-2.gif

Her dance does make you men fight better thanks to her Charisma boost.

Whoops, I goofed.

I seem to not have put the votes up. Better get a mod to fix this. ._.

Edited by VincentASM

Leen. Inheritance and Prayer are useful. With charisma, I tend to dance my units far away so it doesn't get used that much.

I bet Laylea's res isn't even high enough to block Silence/Sleep in Final but I can't be bothered to check.

Leen is better for ranked runs. Laylea is better for reaaally slow runs where your dancer can be kept close to the frontline so she can give Charisma. Otherwise it hardly matters.

• 2 weeks later...

Dancers don't fight; they survive and support.

If you pick Laylea, it's gonna be nearly impossible to get her the Leg and Knight Rings. With Leen, they can be passed down. So what does the Barrier Sword even really do, anyways? In her hands, it just makes her able to survive a battle with a not decent mage, nothing else. In the hands of Altenna, it's useful, but she'll still have lower resistance than her defense.

As for Charisma, it just boosts by 10%. How does 10% even make a difference? It's much more effective to use a lover or sibling critical than to rely on a 10% boost to kill everything. Seriously, it's just 4-7 more accuracy, what does it make a difference for? Besides, if you want Charisma, use Delmud and Nanna, they're both mounted AND able to fight.

Uh, what? Laylea has trouble buying the Leg Ring?

daisy.PNG

patty.PNG

I'll concede the fact that she has trouble raising money for the Knight Ring, but there is no way I'm buying that Laylea can't get the Leg Ring. Thieves have a "give" command for a reason, and assuming all castles are intact by the end of the chapter (which they should be if you're playing properly), everyone gets 1K from that. So essentially, if you're having trouble giving Laylea the Leg Ring, you're doing something wrong. I had no trouble in a draft playthrough getting Laylea the ring, and I don't have either one of the thieves.

That, and neither dancer is worth much in combat. I don't give a fuck about the Barrier Sword, but that Charisma makes a rather large difference.

Use Delmud/Nanna for Charismabots? Sure, why not. Instead of 20% hit (which is only worth about 8-14 hit/evo by your reckoning), you can have 30 (12-21). These bonuses do stack, you know (I think).

Edited by Camtech075

Thieves also have a hard time fighting, and I doubt you can get Laylea either rings without a powerful Patty. (I doubt any of you use Daisy, what with the Ichiaval)

EDIT: Yeah, and Laylea giving Charisma is so much different than Delmud or Nanna giving Charisma.

Edited by Trueblade74

Villages.

One smack with a sword.

You don't even need them to fight, you just need one fucking smack to get 5K. One. Fucking. Smack.

EDIT: It is, actually. Because instead of 20% you get 30%.

And before you tell me that the 10% difference isn't that much, go play the Cyas chapters in FE5 and say that again.

Edited by Camtech075

I'm surprised a lot pick Lynn instead of Laylea.

Anyway, Lynn is my obvious choice. I don't care about extra Charisma, I don't care Laylea looks better (actually I find Lynn is much cuter imo :/), I don't care about Barrier Sword.

Lex!Lynn + Power Ring + Shield Ring + Speed!Ring + Knight Ring + 100 kills Defense Sword = beautiful

Abuser and proud of it.

Leen>Laylea. Using subs makes you inadequate. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

And Camtech, that's MY quote you're using, and you didn't ask permission for it. So destroy it or I'm contacting the mods.

And what'll they do? Ban me for copyright?

Grow up or get out, kid. Seriously. If you can't handle this much, you're in no shape to be debating over the internet.

Arrrrgh...it's NOT funnny! Camtech, if this is your version of comedy, it's not very hilarious, more like cruel and unusual, like that of a troll.

That's it; YOU'RE my new Adrian in Black.

Also, what use does the Barrier Sword even give to Laylea?

Nothing, really. None of us really give a flying fuck about the Barrier Sword (well, I don't at least).

And the fact that you think of me as Adrian in Black should concern me because...

For the record, if you think this is trolling, you should see some of the upper-end people.

Edited by Camtech075

Apparently, they use the Barrier Sword to defend Laylea like the Berserk Staff to Sharlow.

Because that's the title I give for the @$holes who try to push me off the edge saying things like I can't survive on the internet.<br>EDIT: Dancers can't fight.  How does it help Laylea if she dies anyways?<br>

Edited by Trueblade74

That's it; YOU'RE my new Adrian in Black.

Also, what use does the Barrier Sword even give to Laylea?

What the hell does "Adrian in Black" even mean?

Also, just because Laylea picks up the Barrier Sword, doesn't mean she has to be the one using it later. Any sword user with slightly shakey Res can use it to bolster, and perhaps avoid status staves.

Yeah, yeah, Altenna can be god using it, but it's not good enough to justify killing off Sylvia.

Edit: MUHAHAHH!! Leen's winning!

Edited by Trueblade74

Leen>Laylea. Using subs makes you inadequate. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

I love you too. Also Layela's comparable to no subs in usefulness and the fact she's even comparable to Leen makes her awesome. Sure, if someone was using subs because they couldn't figure out how the pairing system works, I'd agree, but using Layela in no way makes anyone inadequate.

And Camtech, that's MY quote you're using, and you didn't ask permission for it. So destroy it or I'm contacting the mods.

Stop being a baby. It's not against the rules to use someone else's quote anyway so essentially, your threat means diddly squat.

@Barrier Sword: There's always the option of selling the Barrier Sword to the pawn shop, somebody buys it, Layela gets more money which makes it easier to get the Knight and Leg Rings. In other words, win-win.

Drat. Ninja'd by Balcerzak.

Edited by Dark Sage

See, this here? This is rude. Not neutral. Rude. Except I'd personally call it 'insultingly ignorant'.

This is a poll. We can vote for either option. WHY are you getting pissy at us for EXPRESSING OUR OPINION?

(Incidentally, I was neutral on the issue of Leen/Corple vs. their subs before, but I've been convinced of the slight superiority of the substitutes. Mostly by you.)