[FE8] FE8 Draft: No Map Shopping, Trainees to 10/1

JaketheGr3at

Can I switch my last pick for Marisa? Didn't see her on the list. Since he hasn't updated since Integ said my choice, I switch my pick for Marisa. don't need two speed deficient axemen.

Make it a column, dammit

Also, you put Rennac on my row.

Now put Rennac on your row

Edited by 13thshadow

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damnit. I got to chapter 6, then when I turn on my system again all of my data has been randomly erased. It's not the first time this has happened either. I think I have a bad copy of the game or something.

Damnit. I got to chapter 6, then when I turn on my system again all of my data has been randomly erased. It's not the first time this has happened either. I think I have a bad copy of the game or something.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif that isn't cool. And I just finished 5X Kyle killed everything will post the Playthrought of it and 4, and 5 tomorrow

Chapter 4:

Ross moves and chips at a monster and Gill finishes it.Eirika moves down and ORKO’s the monster by the snag. After finishing all ofthe monsters by the start everyone moves over and just continues to attack hemonsters. After the monsters are finished Gill holds the bridge while Rosschips and Eirika deals with the reinforcements. Moulder healbots. Eirika killsall the reinforcements in a turn, Ross kills the rest of the monsters by thebridge and moves towards Lute’s village just killing the monsters while Gilltakes out the boss. And Ross finishes the last monsters getting to level 10 inthe process.

Turns Taken: 8 Turns Total: 32

Chapter 5:

Chapter 5 starts and I turn Ross into a pirate. Ross movesto the west to take the Fighter and those guys. Eirika and Gill move towardsjosh with Natasha and Moulder goes to the village. Moulder gets the Shield,Eirika kills the bandits, Gill takes on the soldiers and Ross kills that fighterand archer and moves up the left path tokill those guys too. Gill moves to the forest with Natasha and Eirika saftelybehind him. All the fighters and Josh attack Gill and he survives with 1 Hp.Natasha recruits Josh and him and Er finish the enemys, Gill heals while Rosssteadily moves forward killing.

Turns Taken: 10 Total Turns: 42

Chapter 5x:

Pretty simple here, have Orsen get all the chests and haveKyle and Ephraim kill everything while steadily pressing towards the throne.Orsen kills everything by turn 5 and starts the chests, while K&E stillkeep pulling forward healing with the elixiers(forde is following them holdingall healing items). Orsen unlocks chests by turn seven at which point K&Eare going down the side parts with Kyle with the Javelin on the left taking outthe magic users and well everyone. Eph is also progressing well, both healingwhen necessary(Forde is following Eph) and Orsen is running to catch up withthem to trade what he got from the chests to Forde. K&E kill all the peopleright before the room while, Forde runs to trade stuff with Orsen. All enemiesget killed surrounding the throne. Orsen and Forde trade, Ephraim and Kyle killeveryone who’s not a boss, and then they kill boss. Shit, I left the archer with the elixir!

Turns Taken: 13 Turns Total: 55

Chapter 6:

Send Ross straight up to take on the cavaliers and get thehalberd that the fighter will drop. And Er, Gill, Moulder, and Josh move intothe forests towards the enemy units. Some people attack Josh and Gill and they all die, Moulder dodges and Erfinishes the attacker. Ross is holding off the Cavs. Keeping the elixir fromchapter 2 for healing. Ross kills the guy with the halberd and then finishes 2of the Cavs. Turn 3 Ross moves where ik a troubadour and Cav. are hiding andJosh goes on the fort with the armorslayer, and Gill kills a shaman, with Erand Moulder following behind(and Moulder spamming the Torch staff.) Josh killsabout 5 people dumb enough to attack him, Er kills a Merc, Ross kills a Troubador,Gill kills a soldier. Again everyone just kills everything in sight whilepressing towards the boss, with Moulder using a torch staff. Stupid thunder mage attacks Josh and hits.Ross one shots the mage and Josh and Gill are a turn from the boss. Soldier byJosh attacks and dies. Gill kills healerand Josh finishes the boss.

Turns Taken: 6 Turns Total: 61

I think I'm doing pretty good for a first time draft cool.gif

Let's get it on.

P: 3 turns clear = 3 total

Yeah, whatever.

1: 5 turns clear = 8 total

That's Franz! Franz is grud.

2: 6 turns clear = 14 total

Franz continues to be grud.

3: 7 turns clear = 21 total

Colm get! Franz continues to be grud. Eirika does her usual pimpin' thing. She'd have to be Celica for me to like her more.

4: 6 turns clear = 27 total

I'm actually kinda proud of this one. But! I forgot to buy Javelins in Ide. Fuck. Oh well.

5: 8 turns clear = 35 total

I miss Javelins. I'm not really proud of this one but I wanted the Dracoshield and I wanted Joshua's sword.

5x: 8 turns clear = 43 total

Whee! Fuck the treasure.

Before I progress, did we repeal the ban on map shopping or does it stand? I don't trust the OP so I want it resaid.

Edited by Integrity

Let's get it on.

Yeah, whatever.

Colm get! Franz continues to be grud. Eirika does her usual pimpin' thing. She'd have to be Celica for me to like her more.

I'm actually kinda proud of this one. But! I forgot to buy Javelins in Ide. Fuck. Oh well.

I miss Javelins. I'm not really proud of this one but I wanted the Dracoshield and I wanted Joshua's sword.

Whee! Fuck the treasure.

Before I progress, did we repeal the ban on map shopping or does it stand? I don't trust the OP so I want it resaid.

Your good on Map shopping, sorry I will change to OP right now. To many people didn't approve of it, so I got rid of it.

Let's get it on.

Yeah, whatever.

Whee! Fuck the treasure.

Also should I give detailed chapter descriptions or just post the turns? I was unsure

Also should I give detailed chapter descriptions or just post the turns? I was unsure

You could give a short overview of your general strategy, or you could give a full turn-by-turn analysis. Either is fine, just be sure to post the turns and any penalties you take.

As a wise man once said, say whatever you want to. I post short sentences. Balcerzak, on the other extreme, records each chapter in video and posts it to Youtube.

Really, it's preference! This isn't really a competition, just a shared playlog.

Edited by Integrity

As a wise man once said, say whatever you want to. I post short sentences. Balcerzak, on the other extreme, records each chapter in video and posts it to Youtube.

Really, it's preference! This isn't really a competition, just a shared playlog.

I tried to record them so I didn't miss anything and the emulator wouldn't let me. does anyone know how?

esorry man, idk per recording using the emulator's built-in function. I can walk you through third-party stuff if you want.

6: 5 turns clear = 48 total

fuck yeah shopping

This was made possible by Franz and Colm and Steel Swords, maybe my newest favorite weapon ever.

7: 10 turns clear = 58 total

Eirika you are not Marth why are you one square from Seizing?

Still, altogether happy with this. This is where whoever got Vanessa is going to gain on me biggest, I think.

I will start... when I finish Draft Tourney VI, my other big one I am finishing. Give me a week or so. Will start soon! Promise!

Will do the usual pre-intro.

Eirika

Based on Draft Tourney VI, she's incredible. And this time, I have...

Garcia

He should be good, especially in C4

Cormag

Yay, a wyvern rider!

Duessel

Its Duracell the Durable!

Amelia

I swear I'm crazy. I ALWAYS have Amelia... And...

...Ewan

EWAN!

Saleh

Free staff and magic, he's just no Pent

Marisa

Is better than Dozla.

Ephraim

Normal

Myrrh

Look, damage to Monsters!

Orson

You Palooka

8: 9 turns clear = 67 total

Franz promoted to Paladin on the boss for great justice. Colm is actually turning out pretty beastly and Forde got TWO 6-stat levels.

9: 13 turns clear = 80 total

Fucking Rigwald. Amelia get and Franz cantoed by and she survived without taking any combat. Colm nicked his own Oceal Seal. My levelup luck for the previous chapter is reversed.

10: 8 turns clear = 88 total

Franz had a REALLY hard time killing the boss and took like three turns to do so. Oh well, gave me time to farm some levels and get all the swag except the ship's ring.

11: 9 turns clear = 97 total

My Franz, as it turns out, is screwed in X where X is equal to ANY FUCKING STAT YOU PICK. Figures.

12: 7 turns clear = 104 total

Hooray, Ewan! I didn't know Marisa joined if she was alive at the end of the chapter. Cool.

13: 11 turns clear = 115 total

Gerik's sword broke midway through the chapter and he didn't have another. That only really cost me a turn or two, though.

Edited by Integrity

Chapter 7: Waterside Renvall- Using Eirika, Gilliam,Moulder, Ross, and Josh.

Turns Taken: 12 Total Turns: 73

Not Proud of that at all

Chapter 8: Don't remember what it's called- Using Eph, Gill,Moulder, Ross, Josh, Kyle, Er, Colm to get the Seraph Rope.

Turns Taken: 12 Total Turns: 85

Easy peezy, on the plus side I get kyle alllllllllllllll the time now. My GIll sucks dick by then way he has 12 Def at level 14?

Chapter 9: Rigwald hate this chapter

Give kyle a chest key so he can be sure to get the ocean seal for Ross. Josh, Kyle and Ross are all close to promoting. Yay. Fucked up on the boss and got the Iron Axe instead of the Killer goddamn it. I seriously don't know what happened to the turn count here.

Turns Taken: 14 Total Turns: 99

Edited by JaketheGr3at

Chapter 8 is "It's a Trap!"

For whatever it's worth.

14: 14 turns clear = 129 total

What the fuck.

Vigarde procced Great Shield no fewer than FOUR times in my attempts to Reginleif/Armorslay him. FOUR. Franz had a FOURTY-EIGHT percent hit. This is NORMAL MODE. What the FUCK.

EDIT: Going to redo C14. I realize now that I actually do want to recruit Rennac for the Member Card. D'oh.

Edited by Integrity

C14: 14 turns clear = 129 total

What was that about a "better clear"?

Oh well, got Rennac and hit the Secret Shop for a pair of Physics - all I could afford. It'll tide me fine 'til Rausten Court.

C15: 9 turns clear = 138 total

Shit yes and I got all the treasure I wanted, too.

Edited by Integrity

C14: 14 turns clear = 129 total

What was that about a "better clear"?

Oh well, got Rennac and hit the Secret Shop for a pair of Physics - all I could afford. It'll tide me fine 'til Rausten Court.

C15: 9 turns clear = 138 total

Shit yes and I got all the treasure I wanted, too.

Nice! 9 turns is great.

C16: 9 turns clear = 147 total

Not perfect, but lol Myrrh got to level THIRTEEN. Also, Gerik is a boss.

C17: 2 turns clear = 149 total

lol devil axe and gerik

C18: 6 turns clear = 154 total

Success is had. I do so love this chapter.

C19: 2 turns clear = 156 total

That's My Killer Axe!

C20: 4 turns clear = 160 total

Gerik should just BARELY make S Axes in time for Morty.

F-1: 3 turns clear = 163 total

Shit. Gerik didn't.

F-2: 2 turns clear = 165 total

VICTOLY! Most of my team did piss-all against Morty, but luckily I had Myrrh.

Synopsis inc.

165166 turns clear, beating my Jokedraft count by 3 turns. Keen. I wasn't even on top of my game :O

EDIT: Apparently I mismathed somewhere - the game said my total count was 166?

CHARACTERS, the only part anybody gives a fuck about!

EIRIKA - 81B, 48W

/4.91  31|11|22|21|20|12|13  -4|-3|-1|-1|+2| 0|+1 = -6

Promoted at like level 17, which does muck with the averages but whatthefuckever.

Eirika always ranges between pretty good and really good and this time she was only pretty good. Oh well.

EPHRAIM - 80B, 56W

/3.68  42|21|21|19|18|14|11  +1|+2|+0|-2|+1|-1|+0 = +1

Promoted at level 19.

Ephraim did ...okay, I guess. He was overshadowed by almost the entire team for almost the entire draft but hey, I didn't draft him.

FRANZ - 284B, 201W

/15.88  50|18|19|23|10|17| 6  +2|-3|+0|-1|-5|+1|-2 = -7

Franz sucked it up this draft. I mean, REALLY. The only reason he's ONLY 3 points STR cursed is because it made a resurgence in his early teens. Despite that, he still had availability over everybody but Eirika and to a lesser extent Colm (frankly, Franz doesn't contribute overmuch in C1 and 2), and he did have Javelins over both of them. Despite that, he was still the worst Franz I've had in a long, long while. Some decent STR blessing (or even average for fuck's sake) could have shaved five or ten turns off of my final count. Forde actually OVERSHADOWED him by the end.

COLM - 180B, 86W

/11.41  45|15|15|25|19|13|11  +3|-1|+0|-1|-1|+1|+3 = +4

The fuck, RES? Colm was actually a fairly solid fighter and - in the end - my highest possible damage to Morty besides Myrrh because he doubled. He also stole a bunch of shit that was helpful and killed Caellach, who always seems to give me troubles. Incidentally, I don't think he procced Silencer more than a half-dozen times in the entire run.

NATASHA - 32B, 0W

/5.02  27|15|11|14|13| 7|17  -5|-2|+1|-3|-4|0|-4 = -17

Promoted at level ten. Skill blessing?!

Achievement Unlocked: First Do No Harm

Natasha never equipped a single weapon. She leveled slowly, her staff rank gave me some fidgeting but was salvaged, and yet she performed more than adequately. Warp shenanigans - even with a low MAG - are always appreciated and that doesn't count all the healing, barriering, restoring and torching she did before Warp showed up. Even got to pop Latona once or twice!

FORDE - 146B, 94W

/6.32  43|21|21|16|16|15|10  +1|+6|+3|-1|+3|+2|+3 = +17

Do you SEE what his stats do to Franz's, TEN LEVELS EARLIER? Jesus. Forde performed incredibly when he was levied. Unfortunately, the time he was around Franz was usually *statistically* better than him simply due to weight of levels so Forde didn't get the utilization he needed. This led to him never Sing a weapon and therefore not getting to do terribly much when the endgame rolled around. Still, I'm happy I had him to make up for a few of Franz's faults until the advent of ...

GERIK - 128B, 92W

/14.71  54|25|20|22|13|19|12  -2|+0|-4|+1|-1|-1|+1 = -6

He was cursed in almost everything because his last six levels gained him like an HP and a SPD. And yet, he was my MVP for the last six chapters, including 1RKOing Riev every time he saw him, 2RKOing Lyon (including a motherfucking 84% DODGE I wasn't budgeting for) the second time after 1HKOing him the first time (I think) and a whole host of other things. Essentially, he killed every single boss from Orson to Lyon2 with the sole exception of Morva, whom he chipped for Myrrh to kill anyway. I love Gerik.

INNES - 47B, 21W

/7.43  33|16|17|17|18|11|12  -2|+0|+2|+0|+2|+0|+2 = +4

Poor Innes gets shafted on Ephraim's route. He never managed to hit S Bows which hurt him a little in the end (I can think of a few times a surprise Nidhogg would have been very nice) but he was still fairly reliable 3-range when I needed it - which wasn't often, but oh well.

MYRRH - 31B, 24W

19.46  38|19|18|14| 7|20|13  +0|+0|+2|-2|-1|+0|+1 = 0

I love Myrrh almost as much as I love Gerik for drafts. She 1HKOed almost everything she put her mind to attacking - all but one of those Bs that didn't result in a W were from getting attacked at 2 range and that one was Fomortiis. Bitchin'.

SYRENE - 25B, 18W

/6.44  38|13|15|17|14|11|14  +8|-1|+0|-1|-1|+0|+0 = +5

Can you tell she got an Angelic Robe?

Syrene just arrives too late, I guess. I fully intended to use her and even fed her the north side of C18 but it wasn't enough. Syrene is just stuck in a rut of mediocrity and right at the end of the game. At least she did serve a purpose of a distractor who didn't die and occasionally killed things and I will grant her that much.

Edited by Integrity