[FE8] FE8 Draft: No Map Shopping, Trainees to 10/1

JaketheGr3at

Normal Mode

Drafted units may fight, visit houses/villages, support, shop

Undrafted units may rescue undrafted units, shop. That is all

Undrafted units may not rescue drafted and NPC units, or meatshield.

Ephraim route

No tower or ruins abuse. Other than trainees to 10/1

Colm and Rennac are allowed if undrafted but only to unlock chests and such. No combat

Map shopping is not allowed

If a person who drafts Ross does not have Vanessa, they can have a free rescue of Ross using Vanessa. Just common courtesy

Also no deaths.

Allowed characters for all: Eirika, Ephraim

Penalties for all non drafted characters is 4 turns. 8 for Seth.

Character List:

Usable by all-Eirika, Ephraim, Orson, Myrrh

Characters for draft- Franz, Gilliam, Moulder, Vanessa, Ross, Garcia, Neimi, Colm, Artur, Lute, Natasha, Joshua, Forde, Kyle, Tana, Amelia, Innes, Gerik, Tethys, Marisa, L'Archel, Dozla, Saleh, Ewan, Cormag, Rennac, Duessel, Knoll, Syrene.

Who's in?smile.gif

And the order came out Xander, Integrity, Me and 13th shadow

Me: Joshua, Gilliam, Moulder, Kyle, Ross, L'Archel, Rennac

13th Shadow: Cormag, Duessel, Ewan, Garcia, Saleh, Amelia, Marisa

Integrity: Franz(god damn it), Natasha, Gerik, Colm, Forde, Syrene, Innes

Xander: Vanessa, Tana, Lute, Neimi, Tethys, Artur, Knoll

Edited by JaketheGr3at

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also no deaths.

What about guys like Joshua and Rennac? Can you randomly gib them? How about L'Arachel as an NPC?
Not sure what the punishment should be for using non drafted characters

Penalties for all non drafted characters is 4 turns (even Seth)

what

Edited by Furetchen

What about guys like Joshua and Rennac? Can you randomly gib them? How about L'Arachel as an NPC?

I apologize me not being clearer. No death from unit who are start player controlled, for instance you start with neimi beign controlled by you, even if you didn't draft her you can't just kill her off. Josh, Rennac, Emilia, NPC people if you didn't draft them let them die if you want.

And sorry the other part was a typo. Fixed it

Edited by JaketheGr3at

I apologize me not being clearer. No death from unit who are start player controlled, for instance you start with neimi beign controlled by you, even if you didn't draft her you can't just kill her off. Josh, Rennac, Emilia, NPC people if you didn't draft them let them die if you want.

What about if you get stuck with Amelia and honestly can't be fucked to recruit her?

What about if you get stuck with Amelia and honestly can't be fucked to recruit her?

Then your stuck with her. You don't have to train her or use her she just has to be recruited and can't die. If no ones likes that rule I could take it out.

Then your stuck with her. You don't have to train her or use her she just has to be recruited and can't die. If no ones likes that rule I could take it out.

I...think that's a really stupid rule :/

Also, there are probably parts of the earlygame Seth can make shorter by over four turns.

I...think that's a really stupid rule :/

Also, there are probably parts of the earlygame Seth can make shorter by over four turns.

True but I wanted to come up with some new rules or a new spin on rules because I looked at other drafts and thought of those ideas. Do you have any ideas if so I'm open to them.wink.gif

Edited by JaketheGr3at

Trainees to 10/1 is impossible, barring getting the trainees to JUST good enough combat capabilities to be able to take on level 1 of the tower. Otherwise, nobody's gonna be able to so much as chip, unless you let undrafted units chip, in which case THEY can't level up, or they won't be fair meatshields.

...It's just untidy, arright?

Only drafted units may fight, visit houses/villages, support and shop.

Undrafted units may rescue undrafted units, shop. That is all

Relevant parts bolded. What?

And why no map shopping, per curiosity?

EDIT: Wait this is a normal mode draft why am I nitpicking SIGN MY TITS UP.

Edited by Integrity

No deaths is too harsh. Also, ban Seth. And you're missing a unit list.

Trainees to 10/1 is impossible, barring getting the trainees to JUST good enough combat capabilities to be able to take on level 1 of the tower. Otherwise, nobody's gonna be able to so much as chip, unless you let undrafted units chip, in which case THEY can't level up, or they won't be fair meatshields.

watchu talkin bout furet, I don't understand this post

Edited by Naglfar

Don't understand what you saying?

I'm in.

Great Good to have you

No map shopping just for added fun and fixed the messed up parts. And okay sounds good.

No deaths is too harsh. Also, ban Seth. And you're missing a unit list.

watchu talkin bout furet, I don't understand this post

No deaths make it harder but if anymore people don't like it I'll change it. Made unit list and made penalty for using Seth 8 turns.

Edited by JaketheGr3at

Here's the thing, chief. You're trying to add difficulty to a FE8 NM draft. FE8 is my territory and even I can admit that it's possibly the, bar none, easiest game in the main series on NM.

Here's the thing, chief. You're trying to add difficulty to a FE8 NM draft. FE8 is my territory and even I can admit that it's possibly the, bar none, easiest game in the main series on NM.

I personally believe FE 9 NM is easier, particularly if you can't use Seth.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

True enough. Would you prefer if I allowed Map Shopping? And entering Skirmishes only to clear paths to shops, no combat allowed?

True enough. Would you prefer if I allowed Map Shopping? And entering Skirmishes only to clear paths to shops, no combat allowed?

Paths to shops can be cleared by retreating from a Skirmish, you know.

Sorry, no. 8[ I have other drafts going on that I want to list as my first priorities.

And I'm not really interested in FE8 NM drafts, since they're too easy. No offense.

Sorry, no. 8[ I have other drafts going on that I want to list as my first priorities.

And I'm not really interested in FE8 NM drafts, since they're too easy. No offense.

None taken, it's my first draft so I chose the easy road.

Okay we have our four. But Integrity I have a question in your post about Drafting Tournaments you said as the starter of the tourny I need to keep the OP updated who should I update?

And the order came out Xander, Integrity, Me and 13th shadow

Edited by JaketheGr3at

Don't even need to ask for my pick, just give me Vanessa.

Also, I'm gonna have to agree with Integrity, as to the rule about map shopping. Since we're low turning we won't have time to dally and send one of our characters shopping for us.

Edited by Xander