looking for info on a few games.

Claude C Kenny

I just want to find out if a few games are worth investing in.

these super robot taisen games on GBA, which i'm guessing is what I see being called super robot wars here. i've played the first one, wasn't too happy with how long I was on the first mission at 1 vs 5, but the game seems like it's really interesting, so I was thinking about original generation 1 and 2, since GBA stuff is no longer accepted at gamestop, would this be a worthy investment if one is $7.99 and the other $9.99?

also, I saw Max Payne 1 and 2 as well for PS2 at $2.99 and $4.99, don't know if you guys have played it, but i'm guessing it's not considered really good if it's so cheap, but I could be wrong, and it doesn't hurt to ask. would this be a good find as well?

Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 1 & 2 are both fun games. Of the two, OG2 is definitely the better but also the harder game. Regardless, I've finished both multiple times and they've always continued to entertain me.

Wouldn't know anything about Max Payne games =/

You should buy all four of them. However, both of the Super Robot Wars games are relatively difficult, and by the end of the game require elaborate strategies to meet certain requirements. If you want to get all of the cool stuff, I would recommend buying the games, but playing them on emulators to power through them, then playing the GBA ones when you get more comfortable with them.

As for Max Payne 1 and 2, while both are very interesting and well-made games, you may have more fun playing them on the PC. I personally remember it fondly on the PS2, but the load times were atrocious, especially in the first, and the graphics and physics were reduced compared to the PC version. I was still blown away by everything the first time I played it, however.

I honestly wouldn't say the OG games are all that difficult, though they can be pretty imposing when you still don't understand how the game works, I won't deny that. Once you get into the swing of the series, you should manage just fine. Also, don't hesitate to use a guide for the secrets, the series is infamous for hidden secrets being REALLY well hidden- and by that I mean there is nothing hinted to you at all to do x and y to unlock z. If you can get the carts, I'd say get them. Like many Atlus titles, they didn't exactly see huge production numbers, so actually owning the carts (like I do) is a pretty cool thing. Not implying they're worth anything, far from it, just a cool thing to have. Those prices aren't all that terrible either and they're rather fun games, so I would say it's worth the investment.

Edited by GTF234