Was Jerme a good guy?

Paper Jam

I think Ursula was the most ambiguous character about her true ethics, she was fine with killing Nino, but she just seemed like she was determined to do a good job and follow orders to impress Sonia. She is almost in the same situation as Nino, (except Ursula was willing to follow though with her assassination, while Nino had 2nd thoughts).

Jerme was obviously a psychopath who must have joined the Fang later. He's only out for blood lust ("i'll cut you into red ribbons")

The original fang members can be seen by using Legault though the game, especially in the final chapter. He has quotes fighting morph Linus, Lloyd, Uhai (they apparently neglected to give him a conversation with Brendan so this isn't a definitive way to judge) but no special feelings were indicated when he fights Kenneth, Jerme, or Ursula.. I'd guess the original Four Fang members were Legault, Uhai, Linus, and Lloyd. Obviously Jan was a part of the originals, but I imagine he played an administrative role. I dont remember a nickname for Uhai, so I guess that's an argument against this though. Legualt was officially the "Huuricane." My guess is that Legault and Uhai were probably demoted for their higher ethics (hard to manipulate) when the group merged with Sonia's people; her bringing Jaffar and probably Ursula with her. Hey, I wonder if Ursula became Sonia's protege in a similar manner that Sonia obtained Nino.

But lets face it, they are ALL assassins, and therefore all have questionable ethics whether they try to justify it with virtue or blood lust.

Legault vs Lloyd:

Chapter 27A: Legault: I'll see you again, Lloyd. With Linus...and Uhai... Even if it won't be in this world.

Legault vs Linus:

Chapter 27B: Legault: Remember how good the old days were? Your father, old Jan, Uhai, you, and me and your brother. When did the Black Fang lose its honor?

Edited by Desro

Jerme was a red unit, so therefore he was not a good guy. Case closed.

You have Raven and Serra. They have Uhai and Linus. It's not a straight good vs. evil equation.

I don't think that Uhai and Legault were necessarily Four Fangs, they just were part of the original members. Legault, when he first enters, is described as having ability second only to the Four Fangs, so he's probably not one of the Four Fangs.

I assume that the Four Fangs before the current FE7 lineup was Lloyd, Linus, Jerme, and Pascal.

Ursula probably joined the Black Fang before but was elevated to the status of Four Fang after Pascal was removed. She was loyal to Sonia but clearly held disdain for the Morphs. In the 26E/28H post-chapter dialogue if she wasn't killed in the battle, Ursula says to Limstella something along the lines of "Oh, Limstell--my Lady Limstella." So it seems she didn't trust Limstella and Ephidel, and maybe she didn't believe that Sonia was a Morph.

I don't think that Uhai and Legault were necessarily Four Fangs, they just were part of the original members. Legault, when he first enters, is described as having ability second only to the Four Fangs, so he's probably not one of the Four Fangs.

I assume that the Four Fangs before the current FE7 lineup was Lloyd, Linus, Jerme, and Pascal.

I though that Legualt introduced himself as a former member of the Four Fangs right in his recruitment dialog, but maybe I sorely misinterpreted his words. (it wouldn't really make sense that a thief was a Four Fang unless he demoted himself like Volke in FE9).

I also never remember Jerme stating he was of the Four Fangs, but again, maybe I just don't remember the dialog much anymore. If he doesn't state it, then I think he would be the least likely Four Fang, as it looks like Brendan chooses members who are calculating and methodical; which I'd say Jerme lacks.

It looks like it's about time for me to play through the game again; it's been quite a long time.

I though that Legualt introduced himself as a former member of the Four Fangs right in his recruitment dialog, but maybe I sorely misinterpreted his words. (it wouldn't really make sense that a thief was a Four Fang unless he demoted himself like Volke in FE9).

I also never remember Jerme stating he was of the Four Fangs, but again, maybe I just don't remember the dialog much anymore. If he doesn't state it, then I think he would be the least likely Four Fang, as it looks like Brendan chooses members who are calculating and methodical; which I'd say Jerme lacks.

It looks like it's about time for me to play through the game again; it's been quite a long time.

The specific quote for Legault I was referring to was the generic soldier he talked to when he first appeared. The soldier says "You...you're the Hurricane? Second in ability to none but the Four Fangs?"

So Legault was probably a high-ranking member but not one of the Four Fangs.

For Jerme, I remember the quote was something along the lines of "I was top dog until Jaffar showed up" which can suggest that Jerme was one of the Four Fangs but Jaffar's ability surpassed his, so he was replaced. Don't forget that Brendan was under Sonia's influence by this point, so if she told him to replace Jerme with Jaffar he would have done it.

Thanks for the correction on the dialog.

I still find it hard to believe that Jerme was a Four Fang. Would still think it's more believable that it was Linus, Lloyd, Pascal, Kenneth/Uhai. We know why Pascal was removed. Kenneth/Uhai could have been demoted for a number of reasons. I think that could just be Jerme could have just been vying for the open position of Four Fang and Jaffar got the role over him. I still think Jerme's personality makes him the least feasible Four Fang until after Sonia's influence came about, when ability and manipulability became more important (and then she chose not to place Jerme because Jaffar is a machine).

I could also just accept he was a Four Fang and is just a poorly written character as Silvercrow stated.

Edited by Desro