General Things In FE

Flying Shogi

I need to give a speech on something so I might as well do it on FE. Please list any many things that the FE games has that is shared by the games.

Almost anything shared by the games could work. Please help me with this.

Currently suggested ideas to include in speech:

1.Supports

2.Stats

3.Classes

4.Recruitment and various other reasons people join our army.

5.Plot:Fighting for peace or something of the sort.

6.Character development

7.Villains are usually manipulated or were manipulated.

8.Weapons/Magic(Including legendary weapons/tomes)

9.Kingdom life(Medieval time)

10.War and an emblem that plays an important role in the plot

11.Dragon involvement

12.Kinda like chess

13.Leader is usually a descendant of a legendary hero

14.Monarchy

15.Leader's parents are usually dead.

I've decided to split the body of the speech into 3 categories:

1.Plot

2.Game-play

3.Characters and their personalities

Any other ideas that would make the current body better? My teacher said to keep things to a maximum of 5 minutes so I think 3 things should be enough. Any other suggestions to change the body is welcome. I can have a sub-section under the 3 categories so anything towards that is also welcome.

Edited by UberLughFTW

Speech for what, exactly?

If it's school (particularly English) related, talk about the mythological references. In fact, you can talk about them anyway.

Most FEs follow the deveolpment of the main character from someone who's lost their home (e.g. Marth, Eirika/Ephraim, Lyn in a sense, Ike, Micaiah)/inexperienced in combat (Marth, Eirika, Eliwood, (Lyn?), Ike) to a strong, courageous commander.

Speech for what, exactly?

I just need to give a formal speech. I asked the teacher and he said that if I wanted to convince others that FE is a good game, it can work as a formal speech. So all I need now is some general facts about FE that would make people become interested in FE. In reality, all I need to do is a formal speech so as long as I give one, I can pass.

Jeigans. Do it.

I'd say don't talk too much about battle formulas or number stuff, it may bore people.

Of how you need to have red, blue or brown hair and dead parents to be a leader.

Just throwing some ideas out there: maybe you can go into the aspect of the importance of monarchy in the series? Legendary weapons? Most of the Lords being descendants of legendary heroes or really good fighters?

Might edit if I come up with other ideas.

What can you tell us about your target demographic? Are they gamers? TV-watchers? Stoners?

Once you know what motivates them, it will be easier to write a convincing speech.

What can you tell us about your target demographic? Are they gamers? TV-watchers? Stoners?

Once you know what motivates them, it will be easier to write a convincing speech.

They're just your everyday teens. Some play video games, some play sports and some just hangout. That class isn't big. It's like 14 people and I don't really need to convince them to do anything. As long my speech goes well, I'm fine.

Of how you need to have red, blue or brown hair and dead parents to be a leader.

Interesting. I might use that as a little joke.

Edited by UberLughFTW

Word it like this:

Fire Emblem uses many occurences and topics that were present during the middle ages such as war, religion, romance, intrigue, and yes, even incest is prominent in the series.

You could also add that Fire Emblem is very grounded on reality in both how the game works and its characters than most other RPGs.

Talk about Smash Bros. and how Fire Emblem got its exposure to the West through it as well.

Be sure to talk about incest; its quite common in the series and is a major (and minor) plot point in one of the games.

Quite common? I can think of four times it happens deliberately--two of them if the player intervenes and makes it happen, and one is suspected by players, but not true.

:/

10.War and an emblem that's key to ending war.

Wait, since when was the emblem a key to ending the war?

Also, the main character's father is almost always murdered. Eliwood (Roy's dad) is the only exception I can think of.

Wait, since when was the emblem a key to ending the war?

Also, the main character's father is almost always murdered. Eliwood (Roy's dad) is the only exception I can think of.

Oh yeah, you're right. I kinda just linked those two together. Silly me.

Maybe that's why people hate them so much.

If you want to convince people that FE is a good series, mention what you like about it. For example, if you think that FE has great replay value because there are a lot of units to use, mention that. Also, if it's possible to show gameplay footage, perhaps that could add to your speech.

I'm impressed that someone is trying to give a convincing speech about Fire Emblem. Good luck!

If you want to convince people that FE is a good series, mention what you like about it. For example, if you think that FE has great replay value because there are a lot of units to use, mention that. Also, if it's possible to show gameplay footage, perhaps that could add to your speech.

I'm impressed that someone is trying to give a convincing speech about Fire Emblem. Good luck!

FE does have great replay value. Not alot of games that are replayable offer such diveristy. I don't think footage would be good. To do that I would need to get it through emulation and I don't want to get in trouble for that.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...