Joerachi: WeaponSpritingComp5.png

Acey: 2yuhw9e.png

Lord Glenn: SFIconRd5.pngSFIconRd5zoom.png

Iavasechui: ihavenoidea.png

Camtech: 2vkhiit.jpg

Tygr: WIC1-1.png

Feaw: IconContest4Feaw.pngIconContest4Feawzoomx4.png

Voting ends April 29th

I still don't know what Feaw was thinking with the rules this time.

Edited by Camtech075

^WTA bonus was enough to beat a better sprite (IMO)gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

or... beat and "beat".

Ugh.. Maklo or Feaw... ... ..

My vote goes to... Feaw.

original design. :thumbsup:

Loving to hear that :3

Thankies~

Edited by Tygr

I still don't know what Feaw was thinking with the rules this time.

I honestly didn't see a problem with the rules. I mean, how hard is it to use a single pixel of every color in the palette on an icon?

---------------

Anyway...

I voted for Feaw. It looks the best to me, and it definitely fits the criteria. Maklo's looks like a relatively generic axe icon and for something that has large axe heads like that, it honestly needs a wider handle (see: most axe icons). Joe and Acey had interesting concepts, I suppose, but they're not my cup of tea. iava's icon is simple, yet nice, but compared to most of the rest of the field of competition, it kind of falters. Cam, my biggest issues with your icon are the design and the shading. Axes just aren't made the way your icon is. As it is, you would have to hold the axe right in front of you with your elbows out to the side because of how low the axe blades go. For the shading, the axe edges just seem... soft or dull. As for Tygr's, the concept is interesting, but the proportions of the icon are just a turn off. A sword (or anything, for that matter) with that large of a span at the top of it needs something sturdy to act as a base and to balance it. Going from something that wide to something that's Rapier thin just looks... wrong.

EDIT - Since I called Cam out on it, Maklo's icon has the same problem with the length of the axes dropping down near the bottom of the handle; however, the actual design of the axe blades does make more sense.

Edited by Lord Glenn

I like doing every icon the same amount. Lances and Swords are the easiest, Bows are beautiful and still relatively easy, and Axes are just cool, and even though they're the hardest, it really pays off when you get them right.

Also why do people call me FEAW the whole time? I called myself Feaw for a reason >>