Transferring music between GBA games.

Claude C Kenny

Is there an easy way to transfer music from one of the GBA games to another, or would you still have to use whatever music inserter and do it that way?

Also, what do you guys use to insert music, and are there any tutorials out there for how to do this?

So (maybe this is already explained somewhere, sorry), would I be able to insert as many songs as I would want (provided I have space, of course) or is it a thing of having to delete an existing track? (which, if it does, glad i'm playing with FE7 and it's 100 trackslaugh.gif).

Read the tutorial and you'd knowThere are unused entries. Look at the Music List included with Nightmare and you'll see them. I'd use those empty entries later on. Of course, if you need to, you can replace songs. In the case of say, the attack theme, you'll want to change the attack theme by replacing song 0x001F (in FE7, anyway) unless you want to make an ASM hack that changes which song is used during a battle vs. a generic enemy initiated by a player (*cough no one wants to do that, I don't think*)

Just back-up your stuff as usual, and take your time. Zahlman's program is self-sufficient even without the tutorial (it has a bunch of great help menus and some documentation and examples IIRC), so with the tutorial, you shouldn't have too many problems. ^_^

I'm just wondering if the themes I want to insert will work. Not saying file type, but saying if the theme itself fits into a FE game. I'm wonderng if I should link some Youtube videos for some of the themes I want to use and get some opinions.

^That's not really hacking related so I'd take that either into a thread for your hack, to your friends (either IRL or on an IM), or to a thread somewhere else. Also note that there are limitations to the MIDI files that you can insert, although you said you're transferring music so that shouldn't be an issue.