question about animations

Book of Ereshkigal

How do I get sounds from the list into animations?

Like, say, I want sound 0x014C (step sound effect) to play. How would I write that into the script?

I remember reading somewhere you could do that :v

If I put 'C014C' the sound plays but the animation freezes. The rest of the script works fine.

Edited by L95

It's in the doc, somewhere, but IIRC it's not in the right place or something. It's another thing I forgot.

But what's important is that it's S014C, not C014C. 'C' is for command, 'S' is for sound. Some sounds already have their own commands (they may be the only sounds used in battle animations at all, I forgot) but for others, use 'S####', #### being the hex of the sound. Note that playing lots of sounds in succession can be glitchy--I tried it once and it ended up muting the entire game, IIRC.

Ok! Thanks :)

I was skimming around and didn't find anything on how make animations loop. Knowing me, I could've missed it.

I remember reading that you put an L above the frames you want to loop but I always got a 'no where to loop' error in Feditor.

Also: How do I get the sage effects working? (the rune and crit thingy)

Sorry for the sudden barrage, I don't think I need to make another topic for a bunch of these questions.

I don't think I ever did a loop past the initial testing so I don't remember anything about it, sorry. I'd just look at the doc and experiment adding L commands until something works. But the doc should have an example so I'd go with that before you experiment a ton.

The sage effects need time to load but otherwise just using the associated command listed in the 0x85 Command List file should work. There should just be frames for the actual battle sprite while the sage effects are doing their magic or else it'll get a little glitchy.

And I don't mind the "barrage" (2 questions, lol), by the logistics curve, me helping you increases the rate at which people are learning about battle animations, which is good, because then there are more custom battle animations to enjoy. ^_^ (sorry for the math reference I've been brainwashed by Calc)

Edited by Luffy

Yeh man, for me, the Sage runes didn't work properly if when there was only 3 or so frames between the sage rune command (C2E i think) and the actual attack command (i.e C05 followed by C01). When I added another 5 frames in between the commands, as Luffy had already suggested - the animation worked perfectly for me :)