• Tsubaki
    • Makoto
    • Valkenhayn
    • Platinum

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa whoa whoa, wtf is this shit? Attack+ items???

...Maybe it's just in time for my leveled up Ragna, seeing as I just did my first Deadspike airbounce combo...

"Abyss mode" only in the Portable versions.

Patch for CS1 never introduced that mode or the new CS2 opening. XD

Edited by shadowofchaos

Oh...Well, now I feel silly.

So, my Ragna continues to level up as I'm learning blockstrings and learning how to keep the pressure on. My Tager friend is still bodying me cause I need t learn to just avoid getting magnetized by him. However, I'm Ragna...How the fuck do I win this way against Tager? Ragna can't just lame out or run away, he's not to well equipped for that. I basically gotta rail Tager quick or I get bodied. I know how to tech right and how to get out of situations, the problem is I just...Don't know how to deal a finishing blow. I can get real close, but as soon as I get magnetized, I feel like I'm free. I feel I could have the game in the bag for just about the whole thing, but as soon as I get magnetized, I shit my pants.

Also, teching throws makes me tear my hair out. I KNOW at times it's pink throw, and he's doing 720 so I know to hit C like I always do as a Ragna player. I do forward-C even. I hit C with a fucking hammer and I cannot tech a pink throw. What the hell am I doing wrong? Or is it just online lag?

Also, Hazama leveling up (I know how to PROPERLY space with chains now, using A to retreat them back and using 6C in the air upon approach, how o run away and be tricky with chains and all that garbage. Now I just gotta learn to complete his combos, cause Hazama's damage without complete combos is ass). Also might start picking up Taokaka. Fucking dancing blades are annoying, but I love her mobility.

I gotta say. I am disappointed in the Challenge combos. CS1's were hard as hell to pull off near the ones getting closer to 10, but the ones in CS2 for Hazama and Noel are... seriously just disappointing to me.

Oh...Well, now I feel silly.

So, my Ragna continues to level up as I'm learning blockstrings and learning how to keep the pressure on. My Tager friend is still bodying me cause I need t learn to just avoid getting magnetized by him. However, I'm Ragna...How the fuck do I win this way against Tager? Ragna can't just lame out or run away, he's not to well equipped for that. I basically gotta rail Tager quick or I get bodied. I know how to tech right and how to get out of situations, the problem is I just...Don't know how to deal a finishing blow. I can get real close, but as soon as I get magnetized, I feel like I'm free. I feel I could have the game in the bag for just about the whole thing, but as soon as I get magnetized, I shit my pants.

Also, teching throws makes me tear my hair out. I KNOW at times it's pink throw, and he's doing 720 so I know to hit C like I always do as a Ragna player. I do forward-C even. I hit C with a fucking hammer and I cannot tech a pink throw. What the hell am I doing wrong? Or is it just online lag?

Also, Hazama leveling up (I know how to PROPERLY space with chains now, using A to retreat them back and using 6C in the air upon approach, how o run away and be tricky with chains and all that garbage. Now I just gotta learn to complete his combos, cause Hazama's damage without complete combos is ass). Also might start picking up Taokaka. Fucking dancing blades are annoying, but I love her mobility.

IMO Ragna vs Tager pretty much mix up lows, overheads, and jumps between or after blockstring combos to pretty much keep the player guessing, j.C is pretty good for approaching just dont be predictable. About tech throws sometimes its online lag. If you get gadget finger'd feel free to punish with inferno divider unless if the opponent sees it comming.

Hazama 5B-->3C-->214DA is a pretty good string to trick people. With the chains IMO just keep zoning till they get frustrated at not being able to reach you.

@SOC Well with the removal of most midscreens combos its understandable for challenge mode to have disappointing combos for Hazama and Noel , also since you use them in CS1 its understandable that they're easy to pull off.

Edited by Generic Officer

IMO Ragna vs Tager pretty much mix up lows, overheads, and jumps between or after blockstring combos to pretty much keep the player guessing, j.C is pretty good for approaching just dont be predictable. About tech throws sometimes its online lag. If you get gadget finger'd feel free to punish with inferno divider unless if the opponent sees it comming.

I do most of this just about all the time. I get a bit predictable, but not so much that I'm free. My friend is basically becoming a pretty good Tager player himself, and my problem is that I just can't tech throws (he lands like 3 and I'm dead. I even am trying to incorperate D combos just to keep myself alive in case that sort of shit happens). At least that's one problem. Basically how it feels to me is that I have a shitton of health I gotta whittle down, and Tager looks at me like I'm wet paper.

Gadget Finger, I punished that shit with Inferno Divider till he started catching on. Then he started getting wise with it, and he's honestly damn good at playing that game of RPS. Problem is, it doesn't quite feel as rewarding when I win that game of RPS, while he potentially could have a 720 off that shit.

So I got the general idea of what to do, the problem is it feels like it's a lot more work than what Tager has to do to beat Rags. Thus my statement: I think this matchup is in Tager's favor by a bit.

Hazama 5B-->3C-->214DA is a pretty good string to trick people. With the chains IMO just keep zoning till they get frustrated at not being able to reach you.

I don't even know Hazama's combos and I have an easy time with Tager (I just forget that I can get magnetized, and then I get pulled in, and that Hazama has like 0 options for up close game unless he's approaching on his own terms).

Also, I'm still a bit stuck on CS1 Hazama, who's combos were basically just "mash the fuck out of C". Still gotta get that out of my head, since he clearly plays his combos differently this time around. That, or I just gotta rearrange when I hit each C move...I don't quite know, I'm honestly much better with Ragna. I can accept losing with Haz.

You can't tech a throw after you press another button during that throw tech window.

And I finally got hazama's corner combo down in CS2.

3C(CH)>214D~C>5B>236236B>Dash to corner>214D~C>6C>5C>6C>5C>2C>6D~A>4D~A>623D>5C>6C>5C>2C>4D~A>4D~D>j.5Cx5>j.214b

I can finally pull it off consistantly.

If you're using a controller, you could set throw to a shoulder button.

I kinda don't have that problem since I have access to all the button combos via Arcade stick. One button for each of my fingers >_>;

Well, since you only have two shoulder buttons, I would say set one of them to RC, and then another grab. RC being barrier when you're holding back.

using RC for barrier makes you miss grab rejects due to also having grab held down.

But RC can be used for grab OR RC.

barrier for barrier.

Works better for me.

And makoto is one of my most hated characters (Based on playstyle)

Shes too simple. I hate autodrive characters.

Okay, I pulled off the Challenge combo 10 for Platinum... but a 7k version so that it doesn't take too long on the redo exhibition...

HOWEVER, when I switched to the English voices for her, I just cringed.

She her attack names just changed for some damn reason. From what I heard so far, either voice calls "Dream Sally" something else... As well as Cure Dot Typhoon is now Armageddon something.

Wat.

I've grown to love Luna and Sena's English voice. Mostly because I can understand just what the hell they are saying and Sena's voice doesn't make me want to hurt a small animal because he actually sounds like a boy in English.

I do love how Luna is just so damn rude~

Okay, I pulled off the Challenge combo 10 for Platinum... but a 7k version so that it doesn't take too long on the redo exhibition...

HOWEVER, when I switched to the English voices for her, I just cringed.

She her attack names just changed for some damn reason. From what I heard so far, either voice calls "Dream Sally" something else... As well as Cure Dot Typhoon is now Armageddon something.

Wat.

Maybe it's cause that's how the (not sure what term it is) western/european localization team decided to translate it? Kinda like how JPN Rachel's lines in story mode are shorter than what the english text displays or maybe they just wanted to change stuff around, in Ragna's joke ending the text says he screams but JPN Ragna doesn't.

So...I guess challenge mode stuff Bang's is still pretty hard though some challenges are easier, Rachel's a lot more practical combos than CS1's.

Edited by Generic Officer

And makoto is one of my most hated characters (Based on playstyle)

Shes too simple. I hate autodrive characters.

Her combos are pretty simple, as are her moves to utilize tactically. I was growing to like her...

...But then I realized her dashing is weird, cause she doesn't really dash cancel as she seems to have dash attacks instead, and her dash attacks lead to shitty damage. Can't have that girl, need my dash cancels. *Keeps on Ragna'ing*

P.S.: Tried to learn Hakumen. Hakumen makes me feel like a moron.

I'm still working on my lambda corner combos =Z.

I can't seem to land a j.5DD after a 6A. ;^;

Its so annoying. I want my CS1 meterless 6K corner combo back.

Well, I want my "Mash C" combos back for Hazama, and wished they didn't change all the timings for Tager to be totally wonky. But it's CS2, we'll just have to live with the fact we're both scrubs again.

Would ask for your screenname to add to the friendlist so we could have some matches, but I get the feeling you'd body me. I'm still not quite up to snuff. Getting there, but not quite.

But it's CS2, we'll just have to live with the fact we're both scrubs again.

That pretty much goes for all of us.

I still laugh at the fact that Platinum's Challenge combo 10 is the easiest 8k combo I will ever do. XD

Hazama's corner combo I stated earlier is the easiest 50% combo anyone will ever do.

Another 850 if you have another 50% for 663C>236236B, and ANOTHER 1.5K or so if you can land the 214D~C>3C>665C>2C>6D~A>4D~A>7j.8D~A>623D>7j.6D~D>5C>9j.5Cx5>5C>623D>663C afterwards. (Kinda pointless doing all that work for only another 40% heat and 1.5K if you ask me.)

Edited by someonewhodied