Fire Emblem: Tower Defense

Crimson Red

I'm getting a head-start on the next ragefest contest by making this hack.

FE:TD is a hack where you attempt to defend 3 towers. You choose a class at the beginning (e.g. Myrm/Swordmaster: Skill = +30% critical) and get generic allies to help you defend. You also get a hero unit (a stronger unit of the class that gains rapid experience but does not respawn). Although all the towers are divided by walls, you have a staff unit that can infinitely move, warping and rescuing units as necessary.

In the mean time, enemies come down from below, breaking walls to get to your towers. Every 2 turns a new wave of units comes in, attempting to kick your ass. It starts with basic monsters, to basic military units, to high-class monsters, to high-class military units. You are trying to survive for 40 waves. While you only need to keep your middle tower alive, if the other two towers are broken, enemy units can sweep in from all around, making the middle tower more prone to killing.

Of course the point of this is to use lots of strategy to minimize casualties while killing as many units as you can before they kill you. Everytime they pass through a wall, your units are killed and new units spawn. Your units will also get stronger, and after wave 20, will also promote and get a new skill.

In case the background info didn't make it obvious, I'm hacking Fire Emblem 8: Sacred Stones. This is my first FE8 hack so it probably won't be good, but whatever.

While I only just started last night at like 7:00 (where I did the map, some basic edits, and started events) I should be finished by this weekend. However I was wondering if someone could help me with chapter name text (I just want it to say "Tower Defense" instead of "Ch. #: Name" but it's a graphic unlike FE7 which just sucks...).

I'll update with screenshots, videos, etc. as I can.

Also, this patch WILL be hard, and you WILL need strategy. Well, that's my intention, anyway. Although I am contemplating making an easy mode so people can actually beat it and have fun.

...That's about it. >_>

Woah.

This sounds incredibly complex, but impressive. I'll definitely be watching this. I wonder if making it a hack is the best way to go? Perhaps making a new game from scratch would be easier? Of course, if you're aiming for a rom hack it's a moot point...

^I need monsters, event promotions, some other classes, and skills, all of which FE8 has. I also haven't made an FE8 hack before and I want to make one. FE8 is a good game IMO. :\

do you think it's good to spoil some parts of the game already

most everything I mentioned is found out by the player within 5 minutes of playing the game.

Woah.

This sounds incredibly complex, but impressive. I'll definitely be watching this. I wonder if making it a hack is the best way to go? Perhaps making a new game from scratch would be easier? Of course, if you're aiming for a rom hack it's a moot point...

It's actually not as complex as it seems. TBH I simplified it a lot already. And yeah, ROM hack is the way to go. 1) I already know how to ROMhack 2) I want to make an FE8 hack and get experience wit it 3) I'm making it for a future ragefest competition 4) I can't put most other games on my DS and play them portably and 5) I already started and making a ROM hack is easier anyhow because the base is all set up and I just have to add the details. :P

Probably so you can choose whether to be the attacker or be the defender, but that wouldn't need FE8 persay.

I would be interested in this, especially if you could have multiple defense maps rather than just like one or two.

^Unfortunately it's a one-chapter hack, that and every map would need a ton of co-ordinates changed. But maybe when Bwd's RPG thing that I can't remember the name of comes out this kinda thing will be easier and someone can make a whole series of fun Fire Emblem-style tower defense games. :O