Item Animation Module for FE8?

Caliban of Sycorax

I'm not looking for the Custom Item Animation one, I need to find the simpler one that used to be in every FE8 package but wasn't in the one I downloaded. Does anyone happen to have it lying around and would be willing to send it my way?

Yea, for some reason there isn't an official Item Animation Editor, but you can make your own pretty easily.

You should have the "Custom Item Animation Editor" module. Copy the module and rename it (Item Animation Editor, or what every your prefer). Then open the copy with Notepad and on the 5th line there should be hex offset 0xE70700. Change that to 0x8AFBD8 and then save. It should work fine and give you what your looking for.

There is a slight issue that I should mention though. The editor works fine in the early data, but the editor continues for 255 entries (up to 0xFF) when the actual data your editing only goes until about 0xA0. So don't edit anything past that. There is a way to fix that too, but it's not necessary and nothing will go wrong as long as you don't edit entries past 0xA0.

The thing is, I remember one actually existing. I had used it long ago. It edited the animation of the items themselves, specifically the ranged ones. Like I could make magic casting lances this way, for example.