Lyn

Most likely a quarter-dragon pretty much. Ninian is half-dragon and half-human.

Since she is the daughter of Nergal as well as Nils.

Edited by Percival

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you said in the spoiler. Is that true? Any sources?

What you said in the spoiler. Is that true? Any sources?

It's a likely possibilty, but we don't have any concrete proof. But chapter 19xx HM should provide a lot of evidence.

Go fall in a ditch, Lyn hater.

Celice is a rebel. Notice how his favourite FE game is Gaiden, how he hates Ocarina of Time, and how he prefers the Japanese versions of names for FE, even though the English ones (for the English speaking world, anyway) are superior (usually).

lol Ninian is the daughter of Nils

Can you not tell what I'm trying to say?

Yes, but your wording's all wrong. You should say something like: Ninian and Nils

are the children of Nergal.

Yes, but your wording's all wrong. You should say something like: Ninian and Nils

are the children of Nergal.

Yeah so we don't point and laugh at your error

v_V It is strongly suggested that Nergal is the father, or at the very least, adopted father, of Ninian and Nils. However, half dragons would undoubtedly have different traits than normal dragons, which would have an effect on their transformation. My best guess from FE7 lore is that Nergal found them and decided to act like their father for means of using the power of their dragonstones.

Nergal is strongly suggested people >.>

Celice is a rebel. Notice how his favourite FE game is Gaiden, how he hates Ocarina of Time, and how he prefers the Japanese versions of names for FE, even though the English ones (for the English speaking world, anyway) are superior (usually).

Actually, I like Gaiden because of its gameplay, which is almost a good mix of an RPG and SRPG--it harbors the shittiest maps around though, far worse than the crap in the original Fire Emblem.

Ocarina of Time is overblown and really crappy. It's an average game. Not bad, but compared to other games, it holds nothing. It suffers from the commonality of "I played this at a certain time in my life under certain conditions, and it's what I remember as fun." We all have it. I like Home Alone 2 on the SNES, and that's one of the crappiest, shittiest, shit crap games one could ever find D:

Of course I prefer the Japanese names, for two reasons: first, they're the actual names. NoA comes in and just throws out crap they feel is bad, and inserts whatever they want, usually not caring what the names are. There's excuses, for times like Mist changing the name in the German version, because her name ends up translating to 'poo' or something like that. Or restrictions in space and/or menus, where there's not enough room to safely or visually display the entire name (Soanevalcke is a good example). However, instead of screwing his name into 'Stefan' (a retarded name mind you' they could have easily removed one or two letter, retained the overall presentation of the name, and not changed a thing.

Not to mention stuff they mess up one. NoA felt Dragon Riders would mess up the story, so they changed them to Wyvern Riders. Then an actual Wyvern class comes along--what the hell do we do guys. Or rather recently, they changes Ettard to Alondite. Yet when the Alondite was actually a weapon (Ike's sword in Akatsuki [FE10]), they had to call it Ettard because of their mishap before (I'm not sure if they were just lazy with this one, as Alondite is the internal name for Ettard, and they just used that rather than translate it--maybe they thought the internal names were good enough to use when they didn't have the time to translate a few characters of Japanese :/

The japanese names are the real names. The american names are also the real names. I presume you're an american. And stefan isn't a bad name. That's bunk.

Also, Ocarina is not bad, yet crappy?

Actually, I like Gaiden because of its gameplay, which is almost a good mix of an RPG and SRPG--it harbors the shittiest maps around though, far worse than the crap in the original Fire Emblem.

Ocarina of Time is overblown and really crappy. It's an average game. Not bad, but compared to other games, it holds nothing. It suffers from the commonality of "I played this at a certain time in my life under certain conditions, and it's what I remember as fun." We all have it. I like Home Alone 2 on the SNES, and that's one of the crappiest, shittiest, shit crap games one could ever find D:

Of course I prefer the Japanese names, for two reasons: first, they're the actual names. NoA comes in and just throws out crap they feel is bad, and inserts whatever they want, usually not caring what the names are. There's excuses, for times like Mist changing the name in the German version, because her name ends up translating to 'poo' or something like that. Or restrictions in space and/or menus, where there's not enough room to safely or visually display the entire name (Soanevalcke is a good example). However, instead of screwing his name into 'Stefan' (a retarded name mind you' they could have easily removed one or two letter, retained the overall presentation of the name, and not changed a thing.

Not to mention stuff they mess up one. NoA felt Dragon Riders would mess up the story, so they changed them to Wyvern Riders. Then an actual Wyvern class comes along--what the hell do we do guys. Or rather recently, they changes Ettard to Alondite. Yet when the Alondite was actually a weapon (Ike's sword in Akatsuki [FE10]), they had to call it Ettard because of their mishap before (I'm not sure if they were just lazy with this one, as Alondite is the internal name for Ettard, and they just used that rather than translate it--maybe they thought the internal names were good enough to use when they didn't have the time to translate a few characters of Japanese :/

Lol, Mist will be translated as "poo".

The reasons don't matter; you're still a rebel.

Well, if everyone else bunches into a collective, then I suppose I am ^^

Also, Ocarina is not bad, yet crappy?

Crappy compared to better games; alright on its own. If all you do is play Ocarina, it won't be the worst thing to happen to you. But if you had a choice between a few better games, you'd have competition.

The japanese names are the real names. The american names are also the real names.

American and European names (NoA has the larger stick up its ass) are the localized names. There is a large difference between official, original names, and secondary made-up names to suit a region, regardless of what the original name was.

And stefan isn't a bad name. That's bunk.

For Soanevalcke, it is. Not only does it lack in emphasis compared to his original name, but it's also lacking the whole, you know, Soan part.

Well, if everyone else bunches into a collective, then I suppose I am ^^

Crappy compared to better games; alright on its own. If all you do is play Ocarina, it won't be the worst thing to happen to you. But if you had a choice between a few better games, you'd have competition.

American and European names (NoA has the larger stick up its ass) are the localized names. There is a large difference between official, original names, and secondary made-up names to suit a region, regardless of what the original name was.

For Soanevalcke, it is. Not only does it lack in emphasis compared to his original name, but it's also lacking the whole, you know, Soan part.

Lol, stick up their ass.

All I know is I did the first chapter of Gaiden and had no clue what I was doing....

OoT is loved by very many people. I've heard a lot refer to it as possibly the greatest video game of all time. Tell me, do you enjoy other Zelda games? If so, not liking OoT just makes you weird. Personally, I did like WindWaker better, but OoT was still in amazing, as were most other Zelda games.

I don't know why you seem to hate NoA so much. Nothing they do is wrong. Most Americans know zero japanese, so the things they do to make it more understandable is just to help us. Give them some credit for at least doing something.

I know about the wyvern stuff, but I really don't care. I heard there was a good reason for the Alondite/Ettard thing, yet I forget what it was.

Obviously, there are other great Zelda games. The masses will always say OoT was the best or at least one of the best.

Not much difference really. A translation is a translation, and names can go with it. Sometimes altering a name a bit, or even a lot, can be for the better. For example....

Hell, when I first saw that name I was like, "What the hell is that? Soan...a....valke? velke? What?" Needless to say, I'm damn happy they changed that.

All I know is I did the first chapter of Gaiden and had no clue what I was doing....

OoT is loved by very many people. I've heard a lot refer to it as possibly the greatest video game of all time. Tell me, do you enjoy other Zelda games? If so, not liking OoT just makes you weird. Personally, I did like WindWaker better, but OoT was still in amazing, as were most other Zelda games.

I don't know why you seem to hate NoA so much. Nothing they do is wrong. Most Americans know zero japanese, so the things they do to make it more understandable is just to help us. Give them some credit for at least doing something.

I know about the wyvern stuff, but I really don't care. I heard there was a good reason for the Alondite/Ettard thing, yet I forget what it was.

Obviously, there are other great Zelda games. The masses will always say OoT was the best or at least one of the best.

Not much difference really. A translation is a translation, and names can go with it. Sometimes altering a name a bit, or even a lot, can be for the better. For example....

Hell, when I first saw that name I was like, "What the hell is that? Soan...a....valke? velke? What?" Needless to say, I'm damn happy they changed that.

Sorry to go off topic for the moment but I know why OoT is considered by many a great game. It defined the Action/Adventure genre of video games, seriously how many other LoZ knock offs have you seen since OoT, a lot. Sure OoT is not one of the best gameplay wise, but it's considered one of the best for making the Action/Adventure genre better or what it is today.

Back on topic, yes I did know that Nergal was practically Ninian and Nils father

Ocarina was good for its time, and it's still more than serviceable. I gather Celice doesn't like that, but I think it can be the mark of a good game.

Note: MM is pretty damn fine, as well.

Majora's Mask does everything better than Ocarina, save length. And guess what--all games past Ocarina have sucked hard in this department. When's the next time we get more than 10 dungeons, Nintendo? A Link to the Past is all?

The worst aspect of Ocarina is unless you're really into the game, the first three dungeons are incredibly boring, as are the last two or three. This starts to pick up once Link reaches the Forest Temple, and the game actually feels like a Zelda game, for me. At least it's better than the original Zelda, along with parts of Wind Waker.

I don't like seeing one person's creations be taken and changed for no good reason. I give them credit for translating the text, not making it up as they go--anyone can do that. As for making it more understandable: they changed Kevin to Keiran, Stella to Astrid, and Brad to Aran. Their names were pretty clear to understand in the first place.

I believe it has something to do with Alondite and Ragnell being tied together in Arthurian legends or something. Regardless, I don't care about NoA's intentions as much as I do the original intentions.

No no, you're getting tied up between localization and translation. Translation is trying to preserve the original meaning while converting it to a different form. Localization is making it, basically, meaningful not to what the original intent was, but to what people want instead.

Well, that's nice.

OoT...=...best game...EVAR!

And what was this topic about?

It's about Lyn. But somehow we started talking about who the dragon sibling's father was, then onto why OoT is a great game, I believe. OoT is great, I just never finished it, although I think I'm close.

Lyn is cool, too. Shame she appears to be added into FE7 just for a little bit more story, introductional chapters for newbie players. She doesn't really need to be there in Hector or Eliwood's story, but she is. Herself as a unit is awesome, though.

Majora's Mask does everything better than Ocarina, save length. And guess what--all games past Ocarina have sucked hard in this department. When's the next time we get more than 10 dungeons, Nintendo? A Link to the Past is all?

MM was great, but liking it better than OoT is based entirely on your style. You complain about few dungeons, yet MM had the least amount of any Zelda game at just 4. ALttP was a great game, but it's dungeons were rather small and forgettable. I'd prefer fewer, more fun dungeons than a lot of crappy ones.

The worst aspect of Ocarina is unless you're really into the game, the first three dungeons are incredibly boring, as are the last two or three. This starts to pick up once Link reaches the Forest Temple, and the game actually feels like a Zelda game, for me. At least it's better than the original Zelda, along with parts of Wind Waker.

That's weird, because the second dungeon was one of my favorite Zelda dungeons of all time, including the boss, King Dodongo.

I don't like seeing one person's creations be taken and changed for no good reason. I give them credit for translating the text, not making it up as they go--anyone can do that. As for making it more understandable: they changed Kevin to Keiran, Stella to Astrid, and Brad to Aran. Their names were pretty clear to understand in the first place.

I prefer Astrid, but I'm sure there are reasons for those we just weren't told. I doubt they'd change names just for the sake of changing them. It's pointless.

I believe it has something to do with Alondite and Ragnell being tied together in Arthurian legends or something. Regardless, I don't care about NoA's intentions as much as I do the original intentions.

There's a reason for everything.

No no, you're getting tied up between localization and translation. Translation is trying to preserve the original meaning while converting it to a different form. Localization is making it, basically, meaningful not to what the original intent was, but to what people want instead.

Almost any translation will involve some form of localization, whether it be grammar or something else. That's just the way it works.

Well, that's nice.

Thank you, it is, isn't it?

MM was great, but liking it better than OoT is based entirely on your style. You complain about few dungeons, yet MM had the least amount of any Zelda game at just 4. ALttP was a great game, but it's dungeons were rather small and forgettable. I'd prefer fewer, more fun dungeons than a lot of crappy ones.

The entire thing is subjective. The sad part comes in when people want to argue--one person says one thing, and someone always thinks otherwise, and so on. At least we have the chance to have petty arguments ^^

But I didn't complain about a few dungeons. Just remarked on it.

That's weird, because the second dungeon was one of my favorite Zelda dungeons of all time, including the boss, King Dodongo.

It was rather empty when I played it. At least it gave the main room some attention.

I prefer Astrid, but I'm sure there are reasons for those we just weren't told. I doubt they'd change names just for the sake of changing them. It's pointless.

There's a reason to change Kevin? A reason to change Ettard? A reason to change chapter names? You should go have a look at the translation notes Vince has on the site, so you can see how much is actually tampered with... and see for yourself how much was really worth it.

Almost any translation will involve some form of localization, whether it be grammar or something else. That's just the way it works.

Thanks for pointing out common sense. Personally, I don't care what people change things to, as long as the original meaning is preserved. A Lord leading an army is kinda bland in the Japanese game? Give him a personality--just make sure he's still a Lord. Making Lyn an all-out Native American persona, something I'd rather not see, but cool anyways. But there's no real reason for changing names, other, than a worker felt it wouldn't make sense. Unless it's such a big thing, though, like Mist being called excess waste, why tamper with a name? Soanvalcke--'valcke' is likely some malform of 'descendant' or something like that. Soan being one of the three fighters or whatever, changing the name to Stefan eliminates the connection entirely...

Eh this is stupid. It's nice to be able to nitpick, remember. All that means is that the rest of the game is good; complaining is when the game is bad.