Lyn

Thanks for pointing out common sense. Personally, I don't care what people change things to, as long as the original meaning is preserved. A Lord leading an army is kinda bland in the Japanese game? Give him a personality--just make sure he's still a Lord. Making Lyn an all-out Native American persona, something I'd rather not see, but cool anyways. But there's no real reason for changing names, other, than a worker felt it wouldn't make sense. Unless it's such a big thing, though, like Mist being called excess waste, why tamper with a name? Soanvalcke--'valcke' is likely some malform of 'descendant' or something like that. Soan being one of the three fighters or whatever, changing the name to Stefan eliminates the connection entirely...

Eh this is stupid. It's nice to be able to nitpick, remember. All that means is that the rest of the game is good; complaining is when the game is bad.

Changing a name doesn't change the original meaning. As Shakespeare so awesomely put it, "What's in a name?" The whole thing with Stefan is more controversial anyway, isn't it? I don't remember they're being hard proof he was descended from Soan. And like I said, Soanvalcke or whatever is kind of a mouthful anway.

And you're right. At this point it's all just pointless nit-picking. Let it go and enjoy the game without being angry at small details.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe they gave her a voice in Brawl. What the hell? I don't think it suits her... I always imagined it as not very high-pitched, but something a bit higher than what they've got in Brawl...

I can't believe they gave her a voice in Brawl. What the hell? I don't think it suits her... I always imagined it as not very high-pitched, but something a bit higher than what they've got in Brawl...

She sounds like a 30 year old woman, yet she's 15. WTH?

naw, she sounds more the like the age she's supposed to be in Japan and America combined, which is 33

I heard somewhere that Lyn was voiced by the same person that did ZSS but I don't remember where I read that so I'm not accurate.

She sounds like a 30 year old woman, yet she's 15. WTH?

My point exactly! They've totally ruined that sweet voice I've always imagined her to have, now she sounds like she's got balls and dropped them.

I heard somewhere that Lyn was voiced by the same person that did ZSS but I don't remember where I read that so I'm not accurate.

I've never heard her talk either, is ZSS supposed to sound like that? Has she ever spoken in any of the Metroid games apart from saying "Ahh!" when getting hurt?

I've never heard her talk either, is ZSS supposed to sound like that? Has she ever spoken in any of the Metroid games apart from saying "Ahh!" when getting hurt?

ZSS talks in Brawl....I can believe that ZSS/Lyn theory.

ZSS talks in Brawl....I can believe that ZSS/Lyn theory.

There's also a voice in Metroid Prime Pinball that I have always attributed to Samus, and it's about the same pitch as ZSS and Lyn.

But... what does this have to do with Fire Emblem 6?

There's also a voice in Metroid Prime Pinball that I have always attributed to Samus, and it's about the same pitch as ZSS and Lyn.

But... what does this have to do with Fire Emblem 6?

Nothing. But it got everything to do with Lyn, since that's the thread title.

Roy's Mother deffinitly is almost certainly Ninian... only those with dragon blood can use the sword of seals...

doesn't one of the myrmidons also have a very close resemblance to Lyn? Fir maybe?

Fir is 100% the daughter of Bartre and Karla.

Roy's Mother deffinitly is almost certainly Ninian... only those with dragon blood can use the sword of seals...

Really? Where is this mentioned?

Fir is 100% the daughter of Bartre and Karla.

Even if he dosn't have an A with Karla, his ending mentions "falling in love with his mortal enemy", so this is the only pairing that is 100% confirmed.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure that Lyn was created in FE7. As in Lyn didn't even exist while they were making FE6. But if you want to follow the storyline when your playing FE7 than have her marry Rath or Kent (I think) because those are the only endings that make Lyn put Caelin in the protection of Ostia.

No, I believe Lyn gives Caelin to Ostia no matter who you pair her with, including Eliwood and Hector or even if she gets the "friendship" support with Florina.

I'm pretty sure though that she was a Blazing Sword only creation so that's she's not taken into account in Sealed Sword, otherwise you would think she would make a cameo appearance like several of the other characters.

Personally I think she's the match for Rath and becomes the mother of Sue, but that's just personal preference on my part. If you try to do the "who looks like who" game, she is reflected in in Sue's looks, but then again Lilina also kind of looks like Lyn too. So it's hopeless, there is no right answer and no clue big enough to hint it off.

However I personally like:

Eliwood - Ninian

Hector - Florina

Lyn - Rath

I laugh to myself when I think of Hector and Florina, she's so scared of men I could just picture her getting married and living with Hector, heh. If she wanted to get over her fear of guys, might as well go with the tank!

No, I believe Lyn gives Caelin to Ostia no matter who you pair her with, including Eliwood and Hector or even if she gets the "friendship" support with Florina.

I'm pretty sure though that she was a Blazing Sword only creation so that's she's not taken into account in Sealed Sword, otherwise you would think she would make a cameo appearance like several of the other characters.

Personally I think she's the match for Rath and becomes the mother of Sue, but that's just personal preference on my part. If you try to do the "who looks like who" game, she is reflected in in Sue's looks, but then again Lilina also kind of looks like Lyn too. So it's hopeless, there is no right answer and no clue big enough to hint it off.

However I personally like:

Eliwood - Ninian

Hector - Florina

Lyn - Rath

I laugh to myself when I think of Hector and Florina, she's so scared of men I could just picture her getting married and living with Hector, heh. If she wanted to get over her fear of guys, might as well go with the tank!

I also have those three pairings as my personal favourite. It seems Florina managed to fit in quite well with Hector during the Epilogue.