Arms Scroll Analysis

That's odd, you could've ended the list with Sothe (who gets about as many words as Volke).

It's a work in progress right now.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a few days now since the last update. Are you planning on examining the rest of the cast Life?

Life just can't find the right words to Sothe's analysis. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be updating this throughout the week.

Life just can't find the right words to Sothe's analysis. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be updating this throughout the week.

I find putting Arms Scrolls on Sothe to be well worth it, but I hear some don't agree. This could turn into quite the discussion.

I hear if you max out Sothe's weapon rank, he starts with C swords in RD. Is this true?

... I thought that was awesome idea for a second, and then I remembered Sothe is using Knife forges 90% of the time and Beast Killer the other 10%.

That's the joke... I think.

The fact that you had to think makes me wonder about the level of your intelligence because I am the world's worst sarcasm reader when it comes to the interwebz and even my radar picked that one up from 3 miles away while pretending to be blind, deaf and mute at the same time. Ala Tommy.

More stuff is coming on its way, I just had to get through a major Castle marathon where I finished up to the end of the third season... *sniff*.

Castle marathon? You mean you were playing FE4?

Watching the TV show Castle starring Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic.

Zihark (Chapter 11): C Sword. I'm currently thinking of a furry joke to place here. Oh and he's exactly like Mia since he's guaranteed to reach B Swords by promotion. See Mia.

Yeah. Though one could argue that Mia needs the Vague Katti and/or Iron Blade more (lower Strength and durability, and Vantage vs. Adept).

Jill (Chapter 12): D Lance, (E Axe). Once again, she's a top unit who doesn't really gain anything life changing from an Arms Scroll. You could drop her one after promotion to shorten the time until Killer Axes but that doesn't really achieve anything special. See Oscar, Boyd, Keiran, Marcia...

Unlike Oscar, Jill is far from guaranteed to reach B Lances before she promotes, especially if you give her a large Bexp dump, as is optimal. So Jill is in an even worse position when it comes to securing an A-rank. Axes are better and cheaper, so Jill would prefer to use them post-promotion, but A Axes is very far away. I often find myself with a C Lances, C Axes Jill around C21, so I need to decide how to go about getting an A rank (ideally by C24). An Arms Scroll once Jill reaches B Axes might be more beneficial than most Arms Scroll uses (on account of Jill being so valuable).

Astrid (Chapter 13): D Bow, (E Sword/Lance/Axe). I was kinda hoping that Astrid had E Bows because that would be immediate access to Steel Bows upon an Arms Scroll but she's got D Bows and a Killer Bow is more than slightly wasted on her 6 Str. An Arms Scroll doesn't salvage Astrid, BExp does. After promotion is the same as Oscar and co. but a much less inferior version. No.

Like Jill, Astrid is liable to have more weapon rank issues than Oscar. A Bows really doesn't substitute for A Axes, so if you ever want Astrid to 2HKO the tougher enemies, boosting her Axe rank with an Arms Scroll isn't a bad idea. Moreover, Astrid might be the sole potential wielder of the Brave Bow, and she might like an Arms Scroll to get from C->B Bows if you promoted her early.

[/b]Unlike Oscar, Jill is far from guaranteed to reach B Lances before she promotes, especially if you give her a large Bexp dump, as is optimal. So Jill is in an even worse position when it comes to securing an A-rank. Axes are better and cheaper, so Jill would prefer to use them post-promotion, but A Axes is very far away. I often find myself with a C Lances, C Axes Jill around C21, so I need to decide how to go about getting an A rank (ideally by C24). An Arms Scroll once Jill reaches B Axes might be more beneficial than most Arms Scroll uses (on account of Jill being so valuable).

Like Jill, Astrid is liable to have more weapon rank issues than Oscar. A Bows really doesn't substitute for A Axes, so if you ever want Astrid to 2HKO the tougher enemies, boosting her Axe rank with an Arms Scroll isn't a bad idea. Moreover, Astrid might be the sole potential wielder of the Brave Bow, and she might like an Arms Scroll to get from C->B Bows if you promoted her early.

These are good points but I'd need to test them for myself.

Not when we want updates, you don't. Get to work, slacker.

I'm moving today (in like an hour). Bite me.

• 7 months later...

1. Getting the Ch 16 Bolting isn't out of reach. Read my posts here. Plus Ch 22 has a Bolting right there anyway for you get and use immediately. If Soren is reduced to using long range for normal combat, he shouldn't be in regular play anyway because he's falling behind too much and 20 total uses is not enough.

You can also steal two siege tomes (Bolting and Blizzard) in Chapter 18. Since the sages in question just LOVE trying to bust your fliers with short-range spells, it is entirely possible to get both tomes in a good condition.