FE9 WExp

Life

Funny that the guy who's doing the Arms Scroll analysis now has a question about WExp.

I'm in Chapter 8 of my current FE9 run (I haven't forgotten about it) and something strange just happened.

According to the site, it takes 40 WExp to go from D to C in anything. Soren just broke his Wind tome (40 uses, 1 WExp each) but is still at D Wind. Anyone got an answer for that?

Hmmm, maybe adept doesn't increase WEXP. So if he activated adept, it'd use his wind tome, but not increase wexp.

That's the only thing I can think of considering missing still gets you WEXP.

I seem to remember hearing that you don't get weapon exp on the time it breaks at least for the GBA series, if they carried that mechanic over one more use of a wind tome should do it. This is purely guesswork btw so I wouldn't get too expectant.

Hmmm, maybe adept doesn't increase WEXP. So if he activated adept, it'd use his wind tome, but not increase wexp.

That's the only thing I can think of considering missing still gets you WEXP.

I mentioned this on IRC but he said he didn't recall any Adept procs, and SF doesn't says Adept doesn't increase WEXP in 9 (whereas it says so for 10).

I mentioned this on IRC but he said he didn't recall any Adept procs, and SF doesn't says Adept doesn't increase WEXP in 9 (whereas it says so for 10).

It would be highly unusual to not activate Adept once in 40 attempts, considering Soren starts with an 8% chance to proc.

In fact, the odds of that are 3.56% if Soren didn't gain a single point of Skill, lower if he did.

It would be highly unusual to not activate Adept once in 40 attempts, considering Soren starts with an 8% chance to proc.

In fact, the odds of that are 3.56% if Soren didn't gain a single point of Skill, lower if he did.

That's not factoring in Adept procs that were wasted because the first attack killed.

Also I'm just reporting what I heard ;/

That's not factoring in Adept procs that were wasted because the first attack killed.

If Adept activates, the first attack won't deliver Wexp, I believe.

Also I'm just reporting what I heard ;/

Fair enough. It's possible, but extremely unlikely, for Soren to burn through his starting Wind tome without activating Adept once.

The best thing to do would be to just use 1 more wind tome to see if mike's idea is correct. If Soren doesn't get C wind from that, then it must be adept.

Someone should point this out to Vincent. It might be something to add in the Weapon EXP Article in the GENERAL section on the main site. That's weird that Adept doesn't give WEXP... Brave weapons give WEXP and it's essentially the same concept...

Someone should point this out to Vincent. It might be something to add in the Weapon EXP Article in the GENERAL section on the main site. That's weird that Adept doesn't give WEXP... Brave weapons give WEXP and it's essentially the same concept...

It's probably not coded into skills. The Brave Axe/Sword/Lance/Bow is designed with a 2x Hit formula where it will always activate the second hit. Adept may not hit twice because it may not activate.

It's probably not coded into skills. The Brave Axe/Sword/Lance/Bow is designed with a 2x Hit formula where it will always activate the second hit. Adept may not hit twice because it may not activate.

It's pointed out in Radiant Dawn's "Calculations" page that WEXP is not gained from extra attacks from Brave weapons, Adept, Astra, etc., but the Path of Radiance "Calculations" page does not have this noted... This is interesting to me, and I would like to do more research on it... If only I had the time!