Sprites needed for DotF

Mariobro3828

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8.png

Fixed Jarod's head a bit.

Edit: Umm, sorry I didn't read where it said disregard Jarod, but if you do want to use this one, go ahead.

Hmm...I like it. The reason I said disregard Jared was because HHS had already redone him and I was gonna post that for review, though I think I kinda like that one better, but I might listen to some professional opinions.

I've been meaning to post this anyways:

spritereworkingjared2.png

Either way I do think he does look improved here. Thanks! :)

Yeah, I was aware, I'm so used to colors in FE8 style that I naturally put mugs in them, even ones I edit.

Miguel-3.png

EDIT: I also made some quick fixes to Arnold.

Arnold.png

There were some shading problems and problems on the collar. The haircolor also was slightly improved.

Yeah bandana's definitely better, I might still tweak the colors a bit and see what you guys think, that grey just doesn't seem to appeal to me.

As for Arnold, awesome. Thank you for helping with both of these.

herpaderp.png

.....wow. Improvement city here. The bird looks more natural, the armor is shaded well, and the hair looks awesome. Thank you very much! :D

The only thing with the grey on Miguel is that one of the greys is the fifth skin shade. The other is just a tint of said shade.

EDIT: Arnold-1.png

I missed his neck, which looked too big and lacked an outline.

Edited by Gaius Julius Caesar

Hey guys, just to update for this topic since MBro's not here:

FeDotfMiguel.png

FedotfElton-1.png

Garytop over on Shrine of Seals fixed up Miguel and Elton. Just posting so that people can see, so that they either don't spend time working on already updated ones/provide even better ones.

Oh yeah, that hair is much improved, much less flat, thanks! :)

If I may post it, a request for our next chapter:

Class: Pegasus Knight/Falco Knight (either high level unpromote or low level pre-promote)

Personality/looks: Hot, any guy would hit on her, but cold. She's very competent as a pegasus soldier, but almost seems as if she has no soul (until near the end, we'll show some character development) but either way, any guy would hit on her, but probably get the shit beat out of them. She might kill Reid (the game's token womanizer) if he hits on her, haven't decided. Haven't decided on a name yet.

EDIT: Also, need to update my avatar in appreciation of BWDyeti and AK's work. Will do that after I mow definitely.

Edited by Mariobro3828

Lol I was trying to fix one of them and ended up messing it up myself xD I saw what I didn't like about it but couldn't tell how to fix it.

So someone else could fix it if they haven't already been working on it.

paulg.png

I think his hair can be fixed. Just to the right (our point of view) of his bangs.

Julius, you didn't really fix the shading. If I'm right, you've made it worse in parts.

So instead of just telling you what to fix, I went ahead and fix'd the shading myself:

05ed4f5fae846e046925ff8ff5a31b75.png

The mug could still use less Lloyd, and a different hair color, as the third shade's not dark enough.

In the original mug the third shade was the outline and he had about 7 different skin shades. That was my main concern, as well as fixing the collar in a similar manner to Arnold's. I agree, your shading is much better than what I made mine in parts.

Anthony.png

I went ahead and tackled Anthony. This one was tough, but I think I made him look better. The helmet's been moved over (part of the helmet was over his eye before, in a way that wouldn't be comfortable). As for the body I moved it up and over, and the near shoulder pad has been moved as well. It's now better proportioned, hopefully. I also FE7-ized the colors to make it consistent. His eye color and armor color are also no longer the same.

A lot of your shading is quite jagged, Julius. And you seem to band a lot as well. That, and your custom armor colors need to be toned down, as the third shade is darker than the outline color.

posting this for color fix even though AK's gonna post epic fix soon:

793f91847511cf940e43a972235bb9bd.png

And the helmet still seems to be placed strangely on the head.

I have an old splice thats a knight with a helmet that I think you might be able to use for Anthony. It doesn't quite look the same as the guy you've got now but I think it has less issues. I also don't have frames for it though...so...yeah. I tried to fix it up a little bit, but I'm sure it still has plenty of problems.

Here it is: wt9mqs.png