New Super Smash Bros announced at E3 press meeting.

Darros

My wishlist:

-Everyone who ever showed up in prior games

-Hector

-Ryu

-Ken

-Chun-Li

-Richter Belmont

-Alucard

-Megaman

-Megaman X

-Protoman

-Zero

-Dynamo (Megaman X5)

-A Mii

-The Heavy

-The Spy

-The Scout

-The Demoman

-Gordon Freeman

-Skorpion

-Sub-Zero

-Captain Price

-Soap MacTavish

-Crono

-Duke Nukem

-The Battletoads

-Rad Spencer (From Bionic Commando)

-Sigurd

-Morrigan

-Batman

-Wolverine

-Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)

-Tom Nook

I'll probably think of more, but for now these are the dudes who I'd like to see, regardless of how unlikely many of these characters getting in would be.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-A Mii

Funny, because I don't want to see a Mii at all. I think that that would just not work in SSB, because they would look so unrealistic compared to everything else. Seriously, Miis look so awkward. I wonder if they'll still use Mii's for Wii U.

Here's my own Wishlist:

Who I want in the game:

-Everyone in Brawl

-Return of Roy(FE Sealed Sword)

-Black Knight(basically a slower and heavier Ike clone; FE Radiant Dawn)

-Megaman(why they didn't put him in Brawl, I don't know; Megaman series)

-Isaac(Golden Sun)

-Krystal(Star Fox)

-Zoroark(Pokemon B/W)

Other changes:

-Nerf Sonic

-Buff Captain Falcon

-Nerf Meta Knight

-Buff Link

-Buff Ganondorf

Here's my own Wishlist:

Other changes:

-Nerf Sonic

I don't get why everyone wants to nerf him...

Anyway, what do you guys think about the way the two versions are supposed to interact with each other?

What Sakurai hopes to do is have the 3DS version of Smash Bros. allow players to build up their character through battle and rewards, then take their custom character to the Wii U version to face off against everyone. He feels it could be nice if they can make the "personal" portable space and the stadium-like "public" console space mesh together.

Iwata summed it the basic idea nicely: players would spend time on the 3DS version, building up their character and collecting stuff, then show off their skills on the Wii U version.

Personally, I feel that if it's executed well, it'd be a great concept.

EDIT:

Something that was apparently said in the interview, but not translated in the blog I linked earlier:

Very interesting. I was reading the Japanese interview just for the hell of it, and Sakurai mentions 2 things that I think people here would appreciate:

1. He's going to try to make sure that there isn't any characters that are way too strong or way too weak (obvious but still nice to hear him directly say it).

2. When he's presented with a character that is too strong, he doesn't necessarily think that making the character weaker is the right answer. Rather, he believes that it would be better to instead give that character a weakness (jakuten, a single point of weakness, like an Achilles's heel) so that players can gain the knowledge of how to beat that character over time.

Just some interesting insight into his balance philosophy.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12835442&postcount=194

Edited by Kaoz

I want Mike Jones

Yeah, I get that a lot, sorry I can't make exceptions for you hun, you'll have to join the back of the line :B):

My wishlist:

-Everyone who ever showed up in prior games

-Hector

-Ryu

-Ken

-Chun-Li

-Richter Belmont

-Alucard

-Megaman

-Megaman X

-Protoman

-Zero

-Dynamo (Megaman X5)

-A Mii

-The Heavy

-The Spy

-The Scout

-The Demoman

-Gordon Freeman

-Skorpion

-Sub-Zero

-Captain Price

-Soap MacTavish

-Crono

-Duke Nukem

-The Battletoads

-Rad Spencer (From Bionic Commando)

-Sigurd

-Morrigan

-Batman

-Wolverine

-Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)

-Tom Nook

I'll probably think of more, but for now these are the dudes who I'd like to see, regardless of how unlikely many of these characters getting in would be.

You're trolling right?

Also people who want to nerf Sonic:

BrawlTierList.jpg

Seriously? I might not play VBrawl anymore but I vividly remember Sonic being mediocre at best.

Edited by 3-13Archer

You're trolling right?

He just said wishlist, nothing about it being plausible. For instance it would make me quite happy if Garibaldi, Karl Marx and Brian Blessed were all playable characters but really that's about as likely as me winning the lottery, even if I did bu a ticket or yo mum saying no to my girth, she loves it pmsl

Yeah that list is outdated. Sonic did pretty well at some of the MLG events last year and has two very good players in the US at the moment (iirc he has no rep in Europe or Japan though). Basically he's good when he gets a lead and you play on Final Destination, Pictochat or Yoshi's Island Brawl. I guess he would be a bit higher with Items on as well, but even then probably not high tier.

Yes, I'm well aware it's not the newest list. But it was the 2nd most recent and the easiest to find a pure picture of. Regardless, even on the new tier list, he's mid-low. That's nothing to write home about.

Now TBH, I dunno if Sonic and Snake would re-appear, in most fighters guest fighters aren't recurring characters.

On the newest list, Sonic went up from 25 to 24. Not a big difference. He doesn't need to be nerfed. If anything, he needs small buffs so he can have more than one killing move.

Realistically, Saki and Issac/Matthew are the two most likely new characters to see in the next game.

Edited by Blademaster!

Hahaha I totally knew they would do both a 3DS and a Console Smash.

I think it's a coin flip as to whether or not the next games will actually be competitive, but it's not a coin flip I'm worried about. I'm more interested in how Sakurai's new idea of a better developed single player mode will turn out where the 3DS version is one where you build up your profile and then share it to everyone on the Wii U version. As long as the game is fresh, new, and interesting, I bet it will be fun as hell.

On the newest list, Sonic went up from 25 to 24.

Well, considering zelda/sheik is a new addition, it's more like 23rd, but yes, the difference isn't great. The main differences now are that zero suit samus is in B, zelda and link went into F, and wario and ice climbers are switched.

I want stages that are less gimmicky. A lot of the Brawl stages had too many annoying factors that just got in the way.

As for characers, eh, I don't really care.

Agreed.

I always did random, but only after I got the random stage switch so that I could turn off all the gimmick stages.

While it's not the biggest deal, I just find that it would be nice.

I also don't understand why you guys are keeping it realistic. We can only speculate now, and while some characters you might want to see in Brawl are unlikely, it still is interesting to talk about, at least IMO.

But I do seriously think that TF2 characters have some viable chance of making the cut... though if Alucard and Megaman don't make it, that will unleash the rage of so many fans...

Edited by SirBrickingtonCrushworthy

I want stages that are less gimmicky. A lot of the Brawl stages had too many annoying factors that just got in the way.

As for characers, eh, I don't really care.

Agreed.

I always did random, but only after I got the random stage switch so that I could turn off all the gimmick stages.

While it's not the biggest deal, I just find that it would be nice.

Stages are one of the main aspects that makes Smash different from other fighters, and it should definately stay that way imo.

TF2 characters have less chance at being in Smash Bros than Master Chief, who probably has less chance of being in than Sakurai himself.

However, if any TF2s were to be in, it'd probably be Heavy only, as he's the most iconic character of the game.

Either way, if Valve were to get a character slot, I'd be more interested in Chell, since she has potential for an interesting indirect combat style.

Also, I'd have to agree that stages with small, somewhat minor gimmicks, are the most interesting for me. Stages that change between phases, then also have a different gimmick beyond simply the change in shape for each one (e.g. Game&Watch 2 in SSBB), are kind of annoying, though.

I feel like the stages have gotten worse as the series has gone on. SSB's stages are still my favorite.

Quite a few of Brawl's stages were just change the background and alter the platforms a little bit, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza etc. but quite a few of the brawl stages were too similar. Especially having both pokemon stadiums.

Especially having both pokemon stadiums.

Yeah, that seemed incredibly redundant to me.

And asdfNorfair. God. I hate that stage. I hope it doesn't return as a Brawl Stage.

Unfortunately, despite what you think, it WILL happen.

I think Sakurai has cjust given up on balance, let's leave that to the hackers right?

He actually already said he hired a team to balance out the game this time. It's in the Iwata asks discussion.