Jews in FE

There are plenty, by name. For example levin comes from Levi, which is short for lev sheli, which is Hebrew for "my heart."

Edited by JosefLior

Didn't I say non biblical? lol and some aren't even Jewish.

Besides SeverIan, who is not in the bible, he's in the heretical CHRISTIAN bible, the others aren't biblical. T hey are Fire Emblem characters. WTF are you on, I want some. And the only reason SeverIan is provided is because that's me, I'm self-identifying as a Jew.

The joke, mr thickhead, is that THE MAIN VILLIANS OF FIRE EMBLEM ARE JEWS. Jesus Christ on a Cactus!

For example levin comes from Levi, which is short for lev sheli, which is Hebrew for "my heart."

Right, so then any black guy named Isaac is Jewish too. Sweet, we just exponentially increased our numbers. Watch out jews are taking over. Also, since most of those hebrew words u are talking about probably have older, pre-jewish roots, it's more likely that characters with hebrew names in Fire Emblem are, I dunno, Mesopotamian or Sumerian. (see Nergal, Ereshkigal)

Lagia thank u for injecting some common sense into this thread. Yea, Merlinus is the biggest Jew ever, and he also happens to be one of the most awesome, useful characters in the game. FUCKYEAAHHH

Oh, this also indicates that Isaac Clarke from Dead Space is a Jew. Gimme an other FUCKYEEAAAAH

There are plenty, by name. For example levin comes from Levi, which is short for lev sheli, which is Hebrew for "my heart."

No, he comes from Leavened bread, an anglicazation of a jewish food known as matzah.

Or, if you actually care what it's from from levity, english for something humorous, ridiculous, frivolous, in latin "lightness or mobility."

So, which do u think better describes Levin. Frivolity and mobility? Or "My Heart?" LOL.

(Now, if you provide an explanation for why Levi is a good comparison to Levin, you will get some cred back :) )

Yeah that's right, I'm a bigger jew AND a bigger nerd than u.

Edited by SeverIan

The joke, mr thickhead, is that THE MAIN VILLIANS OF FIRE EMBLEM ARE JEWS. Jesus Christ on a Cactus!

You totally forgot Gharnef and Hardin

So, which do u think better describes Levin. Frivolity and mobility? Or "My Heart?" LOL.

Holsety.

That's all.

Holsety is the best way to describe Levin.

No offense, but that joke didn't seem like a good one. Besides, they don't even look or act Jewish.

Since we're on the topic of Jews in video games though.

[spoiler=The pictures have Non-FE characters BTW]

886836-vc_isara_gunther.jpg

886839-vc_zaka.jpg

Zeri_profile_pic.png

Magari.jpg

Mischlitt.jpg

Edited by LittleAl

@severlan I said names not essays! I didn't even bother reading past my quote lol. I'm the as thick headed as they come, if not the thickest. How did you figure out I wanted an invasion :)? Isaac is FE's version of Israel, by name. Merlinus is useless in FE6, although he does have that Jewish humor. Etzel is a Jew too! Show him some love. We can also mourn for Elbert, he left us Eli and Roy, 2 other Jews :P

Edited by JosefLior

ITT: Sigurd is Norse, Lachesis is greek, Julius is Roman, and Ethlin is German.

Merlinus is useless in FE6, although he does have that Jewish humor.

You mean lack of humor. I can't say that I've ever found Merlinus funny when he isn't being torn to pieces by enemies.

Edited by Anouleth

You mean lack of humor. I can't say that I've ever found Merlinus funny when he isn't being torn to pieces by enemies.

He was Roy's little bitch in FE6. FE7 it was just plain funny seeing how scared he was of his stuff.

ITT: Sigurd is Norse, Lachesis is greek, Julius is Roman, and Ethlin is German.

Adding to that, Idun is norse, Nergal is Mesopotamian, Fomortiis is I don't know the heck what, Ashnard has the same problem as Fomortiis, Zelgius too. I guess one can make a case for Sephiran however. Sephiran sounds like it came from the Kabbalah. :/

Edited by LittleAl

Adding to that, Idun is norse, Nergal is Mesopotamian, Fomortiis is I don't know the heck what, Ashnard has the same problem as Fomortiis, Zelgius too. I guess one can make a case for Sephiran however. Sephiran sounds like it came from the Kaballah. :/

Fomortiis sounds like the name of an herbal remedy or something.

Judah from FE2 sounds like a dead giveaway Jewish name...

Wasn't there a Judah from FE4 before fighting Arion? The dark bishop. And Shmidt from chapter 6

Edited by JosefLior

Schmidt is a common German occupational surname derived from the German word "schmied" meaning "blacksmith" and/or "metalworker". This surname is the German equivalent of "Smith" in the English-speaking world.
Edited by Furetchen