Different FE4 Pairings

Darros

I'm looking for what people think of as interesting pairings that make kids not useless, that aren't the normal "bread & butter" pairings everone obsesses with people often recommend.

I've done Jamka X Aideen every time I've played FE4. That way someone gets the pursuit ring who can use it. Lester still gets the Hero Bow, and actual good strength growth. Not like Lana needs pursuit.

Azel X Lachesis. Magic Swords on Delmud is a neat concept, and he still has 50% strength growth due to minor Hezul. Fala blood also helps out Nanna a ton, though she's still stuck to C staves. The kids also both get pursuit. Yay.

Tiltyu's niece and nephew are interesting too. They have Tordo blood, and decent magic, skill, and speed growths. Linda has wrath and elite (with continue after promotion) which is helpful, and she can use Thoron before promotion. Amid is passable too, unlike a lot of the other subs. They don't have pursuit though, which means they'll need the ring.

Not sure how "different" it is, but try LevinXSylvia seeing as how he's always paired with Tiltyu (my personal favourite) and Fury.

ArdenXAyra anyone?

Sylvia with Holyn, Lex or Deu. Because I like my Dancer to be able to fight. :/

Holyn!Lynn + 100 kills Hero Sword or Defense Sword + Leg + Knight + Shield = :wub:

Lachesis with Mideel or Lex is pretty fine too.

Jamuka/Aira, Finn/Edin, and Lex/Lachesis. That is all.

EDIT

but I do obsess about these pairings

They're good on paper and require minimal effort to make them work. Jamuka!Skasha gets Continue and nice growths. The keyword for Finn's children is Luck and stability (Rana's magic boost is nice too), much like for Lex's is Tank Charisma Bot + Get that boy a Pursuit Ring and/or Hero Sword.

Edited by Chalis

Not sure how "different" it is, but try LevinXSylvia seeing as how he's always paired with Tiltyu (my personal favourite) and Fury.

ArdenXAyra anyone?

I did Ayra with Arden once. It was enjoyable. Sadly I somehow misplaced the screenshots of the children... and godly Arden himself :(

IYDPH.jpg

However.

Eh, nice picture. I agree with Fin/Aideen and Jamuka/Ayra, but in my experience Azel/Lachesis isn't all that good. Mind you, it isn't all that bad either. Just note that the kids' lousy magic base means magic swords on Delmud isn't much use.

Also, yay for Lynns who can actually survive things and fight back.

AzelxSylvia is nice, they both have magic and pursuit. A magic sword works pretty nicely on Leen. I've actually done LexxLachesis, they live up to their father's legacy, capping strength, defense and not fairing too badly in HP.

NoishxAyra is usually my go-to pair when I'm not lazy (since LexxAyra usually just happens). Average growths with sub-par Spd (like it actually matters on Swordfighters), Pursuit (Class), Nihil, Shooting Star Sword, Critical and Charge for epic killing.

I also enjoy LexxSylvia. But I think everything else is pretty much standard.

Dew/Aira is not bad either. Tried it once and the kids turned out pretty good, mainly thanks to the self-healing. Not as good as Lex/Aira or Holyn/Aira, but certainly an effective pairing.

NoishxAyra's growths aren't that bad. He only really loses out in HP to Lex and Holyn, he's pretty much even with both of them otherwise. It does take longer though. DewxAyra is also good, it saved me in the SOYO draft where Integrity forgot to give me any healers.

I just agree with AyraxJamka and FinnxAideen *_* I always do these pairings!

I'm also a fan of LevinxTiltyu, (because I just want my Tinny to be awesome xD) and BrigidxHolyn ( Patty... *_*)

Edited by Niharu

Azel/Fury is really fun. Sety will pretty much be sure to cap speed and magic and can use A Magic (even if Bolganone is heavy, but hey! 30 Speed!), Fee with 22 Magic and 30 Speed activating Continue repeatedly with a Wind Sword is awesome. Flying mage for the win.