[FE8] Oh Hey There Sacred Stones Draft

It seems like the Command Draft is the most recent SS draft going 'round right now, so I figured I'd start up one. This is the first draft I'm starting, so please bear with me.

Anyway, basic draft rules.

-Free for all: Eirika, Ephraim, Orson, Tethys, Myrrh.

-No Seth.

-Ephraim Route, Hard Mode.

-No Arena, Tower, Skirmish, or Ruins abuse.

-Trainees may be raised to 10/1 in the Tower if drafted. If they are brought into the tower they may only be accompanied by one undrafted healer. As soon as they reach 10/1 they may not use the tower anymore.

-Skirmishes may only be entered if they are blocking your path. They must be immediately retreated from.

-Map shopping is allowed.

-Undrafted units MAY NOT enter combat, visit villages or houses, or rescue drafted units.

-Undrafted units MAY recruit characters if needed, rescue undrafted units, and meatshield without weapons.

-Penalty for using any undrafted units is 4 turns, 8 for Seth.

-If both Colm and Rennac are undrafted, one may be used in C15 for desert items, and one may be used for chests/doors.

-Vanessa may rescue Ross and Garcia in C2 if she is not drafted.

Obviously lowest turn count wins.

This will be four drafters, including myself, with teams of seven (plus the four allowed for all).

Drafters and Teams:

1) Ptolemy: Lute, Natasha, Saleh, Colm, Tana, Innes, Ewan

2) Spykitty: Vanessa, Kyle, Gerik, Ross, Syrene, Rennac, Marisa

3) Rewjeo: Franz, Garcia, Cormag, Artur, Knoll, Dozla, L'Arachel

4) Ring Wraith: Forde, Moulder, Duessel, Joshua, Gilliam, Neimi, Amelia

Edited by Ptolemy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me because why the hell not.

It might help with our tier list too.

And no trainees to level 10 via tower?

Edited by Spykitty

Shouldn't you set which route to take? I'd imagine that one is faster than the other.

Even if one is, it would depend on who you draft. Besides, setting a route just serves to make some characters (Duessel and Cormag or Innes and Saleh etc.) needlessly worse.

Whichever is faster probably depends on what characters you draft. Like drafting Duessel helps more on Eph route than Eir route obviously.

Edit: Ahh ninja'd

Edited by -Cynthia-

Why not make Myrrh free?

Just to clarify, they must also be immediately retreated from, correct?

Myrrh makes lategame ridiculously easy because she can destroy anything in her path pretty much. But, in that sense, I can also argue that Tethys makes the game easier because of her dancing. I'm going to include Myrrh in a free-for-all.

Yes.

Ephraim Route in general takes longer than Eirika Route. It's questionable if even with Duessel or Cormag you'd be able to eke out a better turncount in Ephraim Route.

This makes sense. It's a tough call because Eirika route makes Innes/Saleh/Gerik more viable, but Ephraim route makes Duessel/Cormag more viable. I'll choose Ephraim route for this draft, and hopefully someone decides to use Eirika's for next one.

I work tomorrow though. I would be in favor of trainees to level 10 via tower.

If they're drafted, yes.

EDIT: The draft order is 3, 2, 4, 1. So Rewjeo, then Spykitty, then Wraith, then me.

Edited by Ptolemy

Why let Orson be free? That just makes 5x boring for everyone.

Myrrh makes lategame ridiculously easy because she can destroy anything in her path pretty much.

Anyone with an S-rank weapon can do the same, the only difference being they have 30 1HKOes compared to Myrrh's 50... not to mention most people can ORKO lategame monsters without holy weapons anyway. You're greatly overrating Myrrh, even though I love her to bits.

Edited by Vykan12

I'll take Forde.

Orson needs to be free because whoever doesn't have Kyle/Forde/Orson would lose serious amounts of turns on 5x. Plus, you can only use him one chapter.

Edited by Ring Wraith

Orson needs to be free because whoever doesn't have Kyle/Forde/Orson would lose serious amounts of turns on 5x. Plus, you can only use him one chapter.

Even if people aren't using Kyle/Forde, they can make an exception for 5x in the draft rules.

It has it...

"blah blah blah snake style blah blah"

3, 2, 4, 1, 1, 4, 2, 3, 3, 2, 4, 1, 1, etc."

Which would mean you would be next, since you are 2, and I am 4, and I just picked for the second time...

Thus, it is now Rewjeo's turn, and he gets to pick twice.

Edited by Ring Wraith

Hm, tough. I could ease my earlygame with Garcia and/or Joshua, or I could get super awesome come chapter 9 with Duessel and/or Cormag... I don't have a healer, so I'll take Garcia for extra earlygame tankiness and Cormag for a flier.

What's the stance on forced undrafted characters? Just try and keep them from doing things?

What's the stance on forced undrafted characters? Just try and keep them from doing things?

Yeah. Like, have them trade their stuff away and just hide in the corner. They can meatshield unarmed and go shopping and whatnot.