Women's World Cup?

Strawman

Brazil really blew it this time. I mean c'mon, they had an advantage of one goal and USA had one player less(it should be two, but w/e), yet they played defensevely.

Fuck them.

Also Hope Solo = beauty

It's just God throwing the US a bone when you consider where we'll probably be economically soon. Though I am optimistic that if the politicians try to come to a working consenesus, we can avoid catastrophe though not a weakening of influence.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson

but PKs are way more intense in soccer than those others in basketball and football because they can have a bigger impact on the game. In football and basketball teams have much higher scores so the points given by free throws and field goals aren't really as important. But in soccer where you're tied 1-1 or 2-2 or whatever, a PK can make a huge difference.

PK in soccer is awesome, especially when there's no time left, it's the moment of truth. And in most of the leagues, the scores you get in a match will actually affect the outcome so there's nothing like a useless score.

PKs are fun to watch but not really that much of a good way when it comes to determining the skills of the two teams since most of it does come down to luck. For example, I remember that Germany vs Arg. game in the 2006 world cup that went to PKs and Germany kicked Argentina's butt when the teams were pretty much evenly matched. They might as well do a coin toss or something... But then again, I guess the goal (no pun intended) here was to make the game more interesting to watch (after all, most people are going to be bored out of their minds after watching almost 2 hrs worth of soccer).

Yeah, I didn't really care which team won, but Japan certainly had the advantage in the PKs (US's goalie was injured) and it totally ignores everything except the teams' ability to kick a ball into the goal and a goalie's luck. Basically, if the players can get the ball to not go past the goal, it IS a coin toss.

Yeah I enjoy women's soccer plus they are usually hot !!! :)

I had no idea what Hope Solo looked like until after the world cup. All i had seen was Wambach who looks like she's going to eat somebody alive after scoring.