Reset Palette?

Onmi

So I'm updating the palette for Noah in FE6 because he's been swapped from Cavalier to Mercenary, the problem is the change never sticks for some reason. I don't know at what point it resets (maybe when I save with Nightmare) and if it's me saving with Nightmare how do I make it so Nightmare will stop resetting it?

A0 00 00 00 55 53 FF 7F 00 41 E8 65 00 4E

5A 98 77 D8 59 4F 35 00 57 7F 45 4D FF 6B 9E 4B 00 4F 19 9C

42 4F 19 A5 14

Noahs New Palette in Hex.

noahcompletefen.png

Noah's new palette in screenshots

The Patch will be fully released once I've worked out all the little kinks like this, it's bug free now though so... yay!

Edited by Onmi

You likely have multiple programs open. First of all, the first two bytes of your compressed palette should be 10 A0, not A0 00 (AKA ur missing a "10"). More importantly, when editing a palette, be sure to have Nightmare closed. In fact, as a general rule for myself that I suggest you follow, everytime I make a change using Nightmare I close it afterwards so that I don't make the mistake of overwriting a change I make with another program. I do similar things with programs like FEditor Adv etc. which don't constantly reload the program everytime they make a change (whereas programs like HxD and the event assembler don't have this problem).

Hopefully that made sense...?

You likely have multiple programs open. First of all, the first two bytes of your compressed palette should be 10 A0, not A0 00 (AKA ur missing a "10"). More importantly, when editing a palette, be sure to have Nightmare closed. In fact, as a general rule for myself that I suggest you follow, everytime I make a change using Nightmare I close it afterwards so that I don't make the mistake of overwriting a change I make with another program. I do similar things with programs like FEditor Adv etc. which don't constantly reload the program everytime they make a change (whereas programs like HxD and the event assembler don't have this problem).

Hopefully that made sense...?

yeah, I had the Rom, Nightmare and HxD open while doing the edits. Thanks.

Edited by Onmi