(FE10) Yet another Radiant Dawn Draft

Hopefully someone without our technological limitations will see this topic and make one [a draft].

Rules:

1. 7 Participants will each draft nine units to use in a (normal mode) playthrough. The goal (technically) is to be the one with the lowest turncount at the end.

2. Units that are free for all to use are: Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Geoffrey, the Herons, the Black Knight and Lehran. Haar is banned, but may be recruited for his items/skills.

3. Undrafted units may only: recruit characters, trade with units and shove/rescue other undrafted units. Everything else incurs a penalty. Meatshielding is not allowed.

4. Other and Ally units may do as they please without penalty.

5. Every draftable unit has a 4 turn penalty at all times.

6. You may deploy non-forced, undrafted units. Note that undrafted Dragons may not give out Tide/Pool bonuses.

7. Any other rules I forgot.

Exceptions to Rule 5:

1. One of Edward or Nolan is free in each of 1-P, 1-1, and 1-2 (you don't have to use the same one in each chapter).

2. Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi are free for 2-P.

3. Brom and Nephenee are free for 2-1.

4. One undrafted, non-Lucia unit is free for 2-2.

5. One undrafted, six-move unit is free for 3-1 and 3-3 (you don't have to use the same unit in both chapters).

Teams:

1. Mercenary Raven: Zihark, Elincia, Shinon, Janaff, Naesala, Giffca, Tauroneo, Danved, Oliver.

2. Nytefahr: Edward, Nephenee, Marcia, Ulki, Calill, Caineghis, Rhys, Vika, Kyza.

3. GreenOyster: Jill, Nailah, Brom, Rolf, Skrimir, Mist, Stefan, Gareth, Pelleas.

4. Xander: Titania, Ilyana, Gatrie, Nealuchi, Heather, Leonardo, Lucia, Fiona, Makalov.

5. Elmer: Aran, Mia, Laura, Mordecai, Ranulf, Astrid, Volke, Ena, Kurthnaga.

6. Ring Wraith: Volug, Oscar, Soren, Tibarn, Kieran, Meg, Muarim, Renning, Bastian.

7. Soul: Nolan, Boyd, Tanith, Sigrun, Sanaki, Lethe, Nasir, Tormod, Lyre.

Voice any questions/comments/concerns openly.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#4 is a little confusing for me. Draftable as in those that haven't been drafted?

Yes. In those chapters, you may choose a unit with six-move that you didn't draft to use without penalty.

I've got a couple questions because I'm new to this and I apologize in advance if they're slightly stupid (although I'd get snippy if someone answered them condescendingly).

Also, from the 23rd till the 27th I'll be in Colorado on vacation so expect a 4 day delay for news from me.

Anyway,

1. One of Edward or Nolan is free in each of 1-P, 1-1, and 1-2 (you don't have to use the same one in each chapter).

4. One undrafted, six-move unit is free for 3-1 and 3-3 (you don't have to use the same unit in both chapters).

So you've imposed these. First off, this one doesn't make sense:

Huh?

What constitutes as "meatshielding" exactly? What if an undrafted unit gets attacked in, say, a rescue chain or by a 3~10 range tome?

Are we allowed to use Haar to rescue at all? What about for 2-P?

Do we have to recruit every recruitable unit? I don't feel like recruiting Heather in 2-P because I can't think of any reason to keep her.

How do you feel about Tauroneo in 3-13 in case we don't have many Dawn Brigade units chosen? Same with Nailah in 1-P, and Tauroneo in 1-6.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Anyway,

4. One undrafted, six-move unit is free for 3-1 and 3-3 (you don't have to use the same unit in both chapters).

So you've imposed these. First off, this one doesn't make sense:

Those are exceptions to that rule. You can use those units in those chapters freely, but any other use will result in a penalty.

What constitutes as "meatshielding" exactly? What if an undrafted unit gets attacked in, say, a rescue chain or by a 3~10 range tome?

Any time an undrafted unit draws fire from enemies away from your drafted units is considered 'meatshielding'. This includes long-range tomes, staves and Ballista, but doesn't include the AoE attacks of the last few bosses. Undrafted units are allowed to rescue each other to keep them out of combat (Vika rescuing Tormod in 4-4 and flying away if you didn't draft either of them, for example).

Aside, I don't think there are any times where an forced, undrafted unit is in danger of being targeted by long-range attacks as long as you keep them away from the action (the Other units and your draftees should be able to draw Ballista fire away from Ranulf in 3-4).

Are we allowed to use Haar to rescue at all? What about for 2-P?

Haar must not be attacked (the AI usually prioritizes everyone else sans Leanne over him anyway, thankfully), and can not rescue anyone. It might be a good idea to trade him Marcia's Javelin though, to deter 2-range enemies.

Do we have to recruit every recruitable unit? I don't feel like recruiting Heather in 2-P because I can't think of any reason to keep her.

No, you do not have to recruit every unit. Feel free to skip recruiting Aran, Heather (although you may want her Pass skill), Stefan, etc.

How do you feel about Tauroneo in 3-13 in case we don't have many Dawn Brigade units chosen? Same with Nailah in 1-P, and Tauroneo in 1-6.

For 3-13, you should have at least one DB unit in addition to Micaiah and Sothe. The Allies should be able to hold off the Laguz on their own long enough for that unit to kill Ike (this is Normal Mode, so they should be 3rd Tier by then). It's the same in 3-12; let the Allies draw fire away from Tauroneo.

Sothe can handle most of both parts of 1-6 (just need someone to clear out the north-eastern enemies), and taking a Nailah or Tormod penalty in 1-8 (unless you meant 1-E, but you have the Black Knight there) may be necessary to clear it before the prisoners die, depending on how many units you have for that chapter.

smh and i forgot sothe exists again -_- i think my main question ended up being what this means:

Though, Tanith/Sigrun comes to mind as long-range in danger of being hit especially because I could theoretically use them to rescue chain if I wanted to get to the end really quickly.

Yes. In those chapters, you may choose a unit with six-move that you didn't draft to use without penalty.

That doesn't exactly answer my question as to what you mean by "every draftable unit has a 4 turn penalty at all times".

smh and i forgot sothe exists again -_- i think my main question ended up being what this means:

Fort that rule I think he means every undrafted unit available (i.e. not banned like Haar, or free for a certain chapter(s) ) have a penalty of 4. So lets say you didn't draft Nailah, and you use her in 1-8, you get a 4 turn penalty. Meaning, you add 4 turns to your final turncount for that chapter.

Though, Tanith/Sigrun comes to mind as long-range in danger of being hit especially because I could theoretically use them to rescue chain if I wanted to get to the end really quickly.

Only if you draft them. If you use them for that without drafting them, that's 8 turns of penalty. That's what that rule means; use of an undrafted unit on any given map results in +4 turns, so Tanith and Sigrun would each give you a +4.

That doesn't exactly answer my question as to what you mean by "every draftable unit has a 4 turn penalty at all times".

The phrasing of that is weird, due to previous Radiant Dawn drafts having different penalties for different characters in different chapters, so I apologize for that. What it means, as Ulki and Red Fox pointed out, is that if you use a unit you didn't draft and isn't free in a chapter, you get 4 turns added to your total. That unit can meatshield once or solo the map, but the penalty is 4 turns regardless.

Woo hoo! Xander and Sabre make 7!

Yeah. Although I do feel bad for MarciaxRolf, since she (he?) expressed interest in participating in a NM draft, but hasn't been on since this topic was posted. Regardless, here is the drafting order:

1. Mercenary Raven

2. Nytefahr

3. GreenOyster

4. Xander

5. Elmer

6. Ring Wraith

7. Soul

The draft will proceed in a snake-style. Once we get down to Soul, we reverse the order for the next set of picks, and so on. However, the order will not be reversed for the ninth round, so after Raven makes his eighth pick, it will be Soul's turn again (this is to make it fairer for the people who pick last). Like so:

1st round: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

2nd round: 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

3rd round: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

8th round: 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

9th round: 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

So if, say, you were playing the chapter 3 chapter where you recruited Tanith and Sigrun and you didn't draft them, then you get no turn penalty for if they attack or get hit?

If you didn't draft them, they may not attack or other wise interact with the enemy or your drafted units, aside from what is stated what is allow for undrafteds to do. So lets say you are on 3-11, and Tanith, an undrafted character, attacks or gets attacked, she would get a 4 turn penalty.