(FE10) Yet another Radiant Dawn Draft

I have a problem. Soren is forced to go with the Mercs. I have nobody good for the desert. Am I going to have to *shudder* Micaiah solo it? I was NOT thinking far enough ahead on that one...

My units:

Volug, Oscar, Soren, Tibarn, Kieran, Meg, Muarim, Renning, Bastian, Geoffrey, Herons, Black Knight, Lehran, Micaiah, Sothe, Ike.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you're screwed and very lucky this is normal mode. If it were hard mode you'd easily have to take 20+ turns. You're going to have to reset abuse ALOT just for Micaiah to dodge attacks, and I'd suggest also sending Volug that way. Good luck.

I'll probably end up taking a Naesala penalty anyway.

Micaiah and Volug could do it, just have Resolve micaiah with miracle take on the center while volug goes east then south.

Too bad I gave Reyson Miracle waay back in 3-4ish so he might actually be able to take a hit.

Reyson should never need to take a hit... Just Resolve should work though, but you'll need to abuse Battle Saves a little.

I'm not sure 4-3 is feasible with only 2 units, though.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

4-P: 4 turns. Kieran tank with Steel Axe and Steel Poleax first turn (after the Steel Axe broke) and Short Axes and Tomahawks the rest of the time to take out those pesky range users. Volug, Sothe, Leanne, and Micaiah went East to take those guys on.

4-1: 11 turns. I hate FoW.

Edited by Ring Wraith

I'm still on 4-2, but I think I'm going to have to take an Elincia penalty. Stupid reinforcements. The rest should be fairly simple. Other than the desert.

4-2: 9 + 4. Stupid reinforcements and stupid ranged weapons that can attack Tibarn without Tibarn being able to kill them. In other news, Oscar's stats are amazing. He's capped Strength, Skill, Speed, and Luck. He's almost capped Defense. He has 5 more levels to go though!

Edited by Ring Wraith

Micaiah and Volug could do it, just have Resolve micaiah with miracle take on the center while volug goes east then south.

Hell naw. I've seen the hit rates a level 20 Micaiah with max speed and resolve faces on that chapter. Too much abuse would have to go into that to work.

Hell naw. I've seen the hit rates a level 20 Micaiah with max speed and resolve faces on that chapter. Too much abuse would have to go into that to work.

I'm pretty sure the pre-combat window doesn't take into account the Resolve boost in Radiant Dawn, so Micaiah should be fine. You could give Volug Saviour and have him rescue Sothe for mobile support to up her survivability too...

Edited by GreenOyster

No, it doesn't - Avoid is calculated (in part) by multiplying Speed by 2. Assuming 14 Speed (low even for Micaiah) Resolve adds 7 speed, or 14 Avo. In addition, Sothe's support adds 15 to Avo, meaning generally this would subtract at least 29 accuracy. Max Speed (assuming 25 Luck, which is also low) would gain a bonus of 41 Avo, totaling to 116! Avo

I was saying that with max speed (still not likely) you would multiply your speed by 1.5x... which i'm perfectly aware of, but as a result you'd subtract 20 from enemy displayed accuracy and you have the correct number. With max speed. With 14 spd, you'd subtract an extra 14 from enemy displayed accuracy. That's what I meant.

I was saying that with max speed (still not likely) you would multiply your speed by 1.5x... which i'm perfectly aware of, but as a result you'd subtract 20 from enemy displayed accuracy and you have the correct number. With max speed. With 14 spd, you'd subtract an extra 14 from enemy displayed accuracy. That's what I meant.

Max Speed for Light Sage Micaiah is 25, but resolve would up the speed by 13, resulting in an Avo bonus of 26. Also, I'm assuming Xanderdog didn't bring Sothe along for the ride, resulting in the 41 difference in the hit rates he had seen.

Max Speed for Light Sage Micaiah is 25, but resolve would up the speed by 13, resulting in an Avo bonus of 26. Also, I'm assuming Xanderdog didn't bring Sothe along for the ride, resulting in the 41 difference in the hit rates he had seen.

It's rounded down, so it gives 12 Spd.

Assuming we have MAX speed micaiah (lol)... take off 20 from the accuracy and i'm sure his point still holds.

20 extra avoid should not be underestimated. That's a sizable bonus. For example, it can take 50 displayed (~50% true) down to 30 displayed (~18% true). Down from 1/2 to just less than 1/5. Add in Micaiah's naturally high Lck and Sothe support and she really isn't that bad off at all, if trained well enough.

For some reason I thought this was another thread and someone brought up the notion of Micaiah being able to solo 1-9.

Well, there is a strategy for 1-9 that relies on that. It takes some abuse but she doesn't even need 20 Spd to reasonably pull it off.

Ok! Finally got around to finishing Part 3 NewYearsEmoticon.gif

I'l post some logs of the previous chapters tomorrow.

My army distribution is looking like this:

Silver Army: Micaiah, Sothe, Jill, Skrimir, Leanne

Greil Army: Ike, Mist, Nailah, Rafiel, Brom

Hawk Army: Rolf, Pelleas, Reyson

I was thinking about switching Brom or Jill (everyone else is forced) into the Hawk Army, but both of the other armies need them as it is...

EDIT: Could someone tell me how the /code thing works?

Edited by GreenOyster

[code ] Unit		Lv	Exp	Hp	Str	Mag	Skll	Spd	Lck	Def	Res	Support		Strike[/code ] 

NOTE: Remove the spaces from the [code ]

Note2: All things are spaced with the TAB button, after UNIT, also 2 tabs between support & strike. Rest is 1 Tab.