Excellen's pick-my-units Playthrough!

I will play this silly game, and you get to choose my team. I will play it on HM, Ephraim route. I will do my very best to avoid using units you guys don't give me, but no promises. Besides Eirika and Ephraim, I will force NO ONE. This includes Seth. I will not abuse the arena or Valni Tower. I will, however, permit myself to level all Pupils to 10/1 at Valni.

There are still 10 spots left to fill for my endgame team (If I'm correct), which is where you guys come in. Choose who gets to be on my team, one unit per person!

EDIT: You also get to choose what I will promote them into.

GL:HF

1. Knoll (CrashGordon)

2. Kyle - GK (Spykor)

3. Neimi - Ranger (Xander)

4. Garcia - Warrior (Dio)

5. Tana - WK (Soul)

6. Ewan - Sage (Toothache)

7. Marisa (Sal)

8. Colm - Assassin (Rock Howard)

9. Dozla (Maki)

10.L'arachel - MK (OrangeCrush)

Edited by Excelkitty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle, Great Knight. S Axes. Give him Garm.

8]

Edited by Spykitty

She WILL be promoted no matter what kind of say you think you have. You can now be a good little boy and tell her what promotion you want for her or I will make that decision for you.

That takes away the challenge... :(

Is Assasin without + Crit adding weapons ok in that case?

OK. the team has been assembled. As a sort of added bonus, I'm gonna make a tier now and after I finish my run. See how much my opinion changes on some of these scrubs.

Ephraim

Good

Colm

Kyle

Okay

Eirika

Garcia

Tana

Mediocre

Dozla

L'arachel

Bad

Knoll

Neimi

Marisa

Ewan

Edited by Excelkitty

Neimi is too hi- *shot*

Interested to see how that changes afterwards.

You forgot Eirika on your list though. :(:

Edited by Spykitty

Tana is definitely top tier material

I'd agree if she didn't join 1/3rd through the game and has problems catching up

Neimi is too hi- *shot*

Interested to see how that changes afterwards.

You forgot Eirika on your list though. :(:

Fix'd

Time for the first update of Excellen's fuck-me-build-my-team playthrough!

Units:

Eirika

Ephraim

1. Knoll - Druid (CrashGordon)

2. Kyle - GK (Spykor)

3. Neimi - Ranger (Xander)

4. Garcia - Warrior (Dio)

5. Tana - WK (Soul)

6. Ewan - Sage (Toothache)

7. Marisa - Swordmaster (Sal)

8. Colm - Assassin (Rock Howard)

9. Dozla (Maki)

10.L'arachel - MK (OrangeCrush)

Prologue:

Seth gives his vulnerary and sword to Eirika, and moves up over the bridge. Eirika moves a bit right. She critkills a bandit on EP. turn 2 she heals and takes the other bandit. turn 3 she moves on a forest and kills the boss on turn 4 EP. She then enjoys a shitty level up.

chapter 1:

Eirika solo continues. She basically moves up to the boss as I desperately try to have the other units avoid combat. She enjoys getting screwed out of a str level up again on turn 2. She fights off the initial fighters and manages to kill the soldier without it attacking anyone else. the next few turns are spent killing the reinforcements because they'll attack the others before I can clear. Breguet is killed on turn 11 and Eirika is now level 6 and has a grand total of 1 str procs. Clear on turn 12.

chapter 2:

I allow myself the use of every other unit to do the mundane tasks of visiting villages and rescuing dudes. Ross is picked up on turn 1, Garcia on turn 2. He is then also recruited. Eirika and he then start brawling with the bandits. Eirika enjoys her 2nd Str proc on turn 6, everything is dead on turn 7.

Chapter 3:

This great chapter, I think it's fair game to unequip all characters I won't be using. The only loot that interests me is the Hand Axe. This means I can ignore all but one chest and not waste time on that. Eirika's lack of Spd procs is starting to hurt me; she should have 13 by now and I should be doubling with a steel sword. Anyway, Garcia and Neimi destroy a wall for Eirika, Neimi goes talk to Colm the next turn. Much to my sadness Colm can't even double a lowly Brigand. Hand axe is acquired on turn 4, the mighty Bazba is felled on turn 9 and chapter is cleared on 10.

Chapter 4:

Even Roy or Eliwood would be ashamed to carry about Neimi's stats and bow lock. But I suppose it'll have to do. In this great chapter, I am interested in none of the loot and characters the villages offer me. I will not spend my time visiting them. Also known as simple rush. I unfortunately have to deploy Artur, but I hope I'll manage. Not having a tank is gonna suck, though.

Eirika rushes downstairs while the rest takes it easy in the north. I end up playing defensively anyway because half the enemies start moving against me. Neimi leeches whatever kills she can. The next few turns are spent killing the units in the south and then I move in on the reinforcements. Because she has nothing to do that turn, Eirika recruits Lute on turn 10 and then I kill off the remainder of enemies. Clear is also on turn 10.

Chapter 5:

Let's see.. Torch want, Dragonshield want, armorslayer want. I will deploy Vanessa to get the Dragonshield. I also want the killing edge and that means not killing Joshua. My general strategy this map will be to get the draco, use it on Eirika and let her (hopefully) tank Joshua, then recruit him and push through the main area. Eirika kills the boss on turn 10.

It seems like Eirika wants to continue a tradition; all of my Eirika's have been Str screwed, this one isn't turning out any different.

Chapter 5x:

Ephraim and Kyle time. All goodies are dumped on them. This chapter I am not particularly interested in any items, so I just rush. Because I have two not very sturdy units, it takes me a whopping 15 turns to clear. And I even approached it efficiently.

Chapter 6:

None of the items really interest me. Maybe the Orion Bolt, but that's it. I will again not be visiting a village. On turn 1 Colm uses a torch for maximum visibility and I begin my simple boss rush. One very big problem is chapter is the enormous amount of enemies coming you way. I dump Garcia on the fortress and Eirika on a mountain, then I just hope for the best.

Unfortunately so much is thrown at me it takes 8 turns to just fight my way through the waves of grunts, and in the meantime, the villagers start getting attacked, so unfortunately no Orion bolt for me. If only the kid had moved herself one space down, everything would have been fine. But no, FE8 AI is dumber than shit. Chapter cleared on turn 9.

Chapter 7:

Renvall in sight. Another rush chapter, I want the energy ring. Neimi finally receives a steel bow. I have no Vanessa at my disposal for a quick rescue drop to clear this chapter, so I'll be walking all the way. I end up clearing in 10 turns.

Chapter 8:

It's a trap! Angelic robe want, elysian whip want. Colm uses the energy ring and secret book before the chapter. This chapter, I'll split up forces, send Garcia and Colm up north and Eirika and Neimi towards Ephraim. This strategy works, somewhat, and I clear in 16 turns. Having no healer and a bunch of sucky combat units is really a problem.

As an added bonus, I'm going to take some time and discuss my units so far. These are their stats:

Level	HP	Str/Mag	Skl	Spd	Luck	Def	Res
Eirika	17.36	29	9	17	15	13	11	7
Garcia	18.54	38	16	13	12	8	6	3
Neimi	10.83	23	9	9	10	8	5	6
Colm	16.73	28	11	10	20	17	9	4
Ephraim	13.77	31	13	16	14	9	9	5
Kyle	10.77	30	13	7	7	6	11	1

Eirika: Her str is below average as well as her spd; which is worse because it's by 3 points. Giving her the dracoshield has turned out to be a great idea.

Garcia: In return for blessed spd I get below average def. Oh well. The spd blessing means he doubles very frequently, which makes his offense so much better.

Neimi: Is doing fine but is having problems doubling because her spd is below average. Has been a detriment most of the time but oh well, I'm hoping she can prove herself after promotion and I'm thinking about giving her a lvl15 or so promotion to make her useful time greater.

Colm: I was surprised by how high a level Colm has gotten by now, because his offense kinda stinks. He's currently 2 below average in str though and that pisses me off. He needs all the Str he can get as early as possible. He did get above average Def though.

Ephraim: Oh hello mister rape. Ephraim is turning out quite average, which means he has no weaknesses. Very good unit up till now.

Kyle: Kyle is now the same level Neimi is, and it shows how useful he is. He has blessed Str, but his spd hasn't procced ONCE and as a result I've been seeing him getting doubled by simple grunts. As soon as I get a speedwing, I'm spending it on him.

Turncount so far: 102. Some people ight have beaten this entire game in so many turns.

Edited by Excelkitty

Let's make a list of all your units that haven't been screwed!

Ephraim

Well that took a long time to get through.

Oh, and I would argue that Knoll>L'arachel, especially given your team's durability in general. Although I guess she'll be your first healer, making her actually useful, too.