Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Dubbed Project

I think your Shinon is just fine. The voice you put on for him is fitting of his character for sure.

Recently I got bored and looked over some of the bosses in the game. That being said, I'm submitting two auditions for these characters: Kotaff and Gashilama.

Auditions are here:

Kotaff: https://soundcloud.com/jubedube/kotaff

Gashilama: https://soundcloud.com/jubedube/gashilama

I'd appreciate any feedback from you guys. The boss characters are quite fun for me since they're very one note, so I don't mind adjusting my voice if I need to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Kotaff, Gashilama, and the Shinon voices. (Sorry for the long await; I was waiting on jvonm, but... I shouldn't really do that, hehe)

As for Stefan... I personally don't see the resemblance between your accent, and Stefan's character, but please do not feel bad! That's just my own personal preference - if others really like it, I'm more than happy to put you as Stefan. I wasn't a big fan of Eail's Makalov, but since everyone else liked it, he's the voice. *Assuming he doesn't hate me for that one video I uploaded*

I feel like you CAN have a part in here, Dragon Boner. I'm just drawing a blank on to other important characters you can try...

Again; please don't take this the wrong way - I definitely want you with this project!

• 2 weeks later...

*I hate double posting*

Since Jvonm is not responding to my emails, let's get some other ideas for dubbed parts. I'm waiting on Flame Emblem for his Gatrie support, but he told me he'll get to it soon. I still have yet to receive any lines from Ruby for Ike vs Petrine, so... what other clip do you think should be fandubbed?

Well, thank you very much Ms. Tasigat! Even though it's been two years, and we've only gotten minimal stuff, that's entirely because of certain characters. Certain characters involved with special plot scenes, would drive more people to this dub. For example, some of the important parts of PoR would be these:

The Fall of Greil, Ike vs Black Knight/Bryce/Petrine/Bertram/Ashnard, and the Serenes Forest restoration.

However, since we don't have voices for some of those characters [bryce, Greil, and Reyson mostly], we can't work on any of those important scenes. Doing something like "Ike vs Gashilama Fandubbed," MIGHT bring some people in, but with a generic boss that is only seen in one chapter, it's not that interesting for attention-grabbing.

I wish I started this in 2005 - then we would've gotten a LOT more people involved. But... I didn't know of PoR back in '05.

Long story short; I appreciate the fact that you're enjoying it, but I wish we had more voices...

I asked Boomsickle for his Bertram voice on Skype, but he never answered. Jvonm is a little busy, but he told me he'll get to the Black Knight when he's able to.

[i also remembered that Jvonm is also Naesala, Muarim, Izuka, Zelgius, Bastian, and the tiger Feral Ones, so maybe we can get more stuff with those voices, when he's more available]

Spread the word, everyone! We're getting farther, and therefore, being able to do more scenes!

This really makes me wish I had a good microphone :(

How bad is it? I might still be able to work with it, provided you explain why it's "bad."

As for Gatrie/Ilyana support, once I get the A lines from Flame Emblem, I'll get to work on that immediately.

Heh, glad I could be of service! I look forward to hearing your voice, good sir.

[Hopefully, you post the audition in the thread itself, so you can get feedback from others, too!]

Well, thank you very much Ms. Tasigat! Even though it's been two years, and we've only gotten minimal stuff, that's entirely because of certain characters. Certain characters involved with special plot scenes, would drive more people to this dub. For example, some of the important parts of PoR would be these:

Adding to this discussion, something that I've been wanting to bring up is that since we are aiming to create an alternate way to enjoy PoR (Aka, completely through voices), something I've been wondering is how we can put that flavor to our advantage to create a unique and possibly improved way to experience the story.

To provide an example, we could technically do away with the text boxes, zooming in the camera so they're out of sight to purely focus on the in-game cutscenes. That being said, I know that you're busy these days Etern, and putting forth that sort of effort in this dub was not your original intent. However, a key thing to drawing in people is showing them something new, or at the very least, different.

The example above isn't really an idea I'm 100% behind, but hopefully you can see what I'm trying to suggest. Tell me what you think, and good luck with contacting Stomoman; I very much enjoyed his voice from what I recall.

If you can think you can handle it Tomo, then go right ahead.

Jubedube, I'm more than willing to do that, but it does raise questions. Assuming I understood what you meant, you're probably saying making the dialogue look like this, right?

2po2rrq.png

[sorry it doesn't look so good; I rushed it.]

And while I'm fine with doing that, it does raise some questions about other text boxes, like these two examples:

Naesala's Death in Chapter 19

29fy2vq.png

Endgame

2a5xkar.png

How would you advise we get around scenes like these?

Edited by etern

Hello, I am a huge Path of Radiance fan and just sent you a bunch of Auditions! I actually joined the forum just for this! I am going to post some of my favourites here.

Hope you enjoy them!

Snide Borwell - Ashnard Audition.wav

Snide Borwell - Reyson Audition (Speaking).wav

Snide Borwell - Reyson Audition (Singing).wav

Snide Borwell - Soren Audition.wav

Snide Borwell - Sothe Audition.wav

Snide Borwell - Rhys Audition.wav

Snide Borwell - Norris Audition.wav

I love your Reyson

I think it is amazing, really ^^

However i think Ashnard dosen't suit your voice very well.

I liked Soren, Rhys and Sothe but i would like to hear more of them, if you can record more. I'd be really interested in lines where Soren gets emotional, like his hatred against Lethe or Mordacai, or his support with Ike (;__;), just to name some examples.

And Norris is lulz :awesome:

I hope that i can contribute a little to this ^^

Jubedube, I'm more than willing to do that, but it does raise questions. Assuming I understood what you meant, you're probably saying making the dialogue look like this, right?

2po2rrq.png

And while I'm fine with doing that, it does raise some questions about other text boxes, like these two examples:

Naesala's Death in Chapter 19

29fy2vq.png

Endgame

2a5xkar.png

How would you advise we get around scenes like these?

The third one would be the simplest solution, just lower the contrast to the point where the scene is pitch black (Or make a black image in MS Paint and just put that in above the video layer for the time there are no images accomodating the dialogue).

The Naesala cutscene would just be zoomed in to the point where the text box is off screen. You can do camera pans and whatnot to keep it interesting.

That being said, the idea is purely for visual flair and may not even be worth it in the end. However, the effort would certainly make the dub appear uniquely presented. I actually look forward to seeing what this type of editing would to for some of the really static dialogue moments like the support conversations.

Hello, I am a huge Path of Radiance fan and just sent you a bunch of Auditions! I actually joined the forum just for this! I am going to post some of my favourites here.

Hope you enjoy them!

Your voice really suits all of the voices you auditioned for, and I'm glad to see that another boss role has been done. They're really fun and campy and I'd recommend them to anyone if they wished to contribute a minor role. Regardless, I'm certain that Etern would approve of your singing, we have had Reyson auditions in the past just as capable, but since his role requires a lot of talent I'm sure he'd be willing to have a few extras.

Unfortunately your Ashnard could use a bit of work. I can't say I'm an ideal model since I feel my voice is not deep enough to do Ashnard, but that being said, I go as deep as I can and give him a lot of rasp when I perform him (https://soundcloud.com/jubedube/ashnard-yelling). If you think your voice can handle it, which you should DEFINITELY consider since you're singing, I'd say go for it.