Reclassing: What if....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because clearly durability is Sigurd's problem, and movement doesn't matter in FE4.

Ephraim lord Gilliam. He gets +7 speed out of it along with like doubling his growth! He also gets a solid STR boost, IIRC. His defense isn't half bad after it, either.

Because clearly durability is Sigurd's problem, and movement doesn't matter in FE4.

Ephraim lord Gilliam. He gets +7 speed out of it along with like doubling his growth! He also gets a solid STR boost, IIRC. His defense isn't half bad after it, either.

Yeah, just reclass a character to Lord...

^ I'm sure just having two of them, then Dance chaining them to 20/20 would win the game, yet alone a whole friggin' merry troupe covered in blood on the field.

Hmm... I'll try PoR and RD with this idea:

Ike: Mercenary -> Hero

Lets be honest hand axes in PoR would have made him much better post promotion. In RD, he could have easily started with axes to help his 1-2 range before getting Ragnell back.

Rolf: Hunter -> Ranger

Somehow it felt like he should have gotten a sword and a horse to help with his low level, low growths and generally bad position within the GM. At least in RD people might have considered him for the move advantage alone.

Mist: Priest/Clerc -> Valkyrie

Why they didn't just give her swords and staffs in tier one and then light upon promotion boggles my mind. At least this way she could be an offensive unit instead of a heal/support bot.

Mia: Mercenary -> Hero

Truthfully, its just a preference of mine that they provided a few mercenaries throughout the game. And we never had a female mercenary before and something about her with an axe seems interesting.

Ilyana: Shaman -> Druid

She might have been better with dark magic since it would give her unique options in PoR, in RD her bases/growths are made for it and it would fit her back story well (she is always hungry, perhaps due to the magic?)

Astrid: Archer -> Sniper

Really she has paragon, giving her axes just made her too good. This way she would be stuck with bows to ensure that she couldn't be instantly 'raised' by 2 levels just by soloing a part of the map on enemy phase with a steel axe.

Makalov: Soldier -> Halb

It doesn't really make sense how he's dirt poor but still has a horse. You would think someone would take it from him. Moving on, as a soldier his growths in PoR and RD would be pretty similar to what he has now except instead of being sword locked early on he would have lances (better weapon type) and other than still having horrible hair he would still be pretty usable with this change. Although increasing his base level would help more.

Devden: Warrior

One, we need more warriors in PoR/RD. And two, with axes and higher HP/STR he could have helped out more considering as of now he's 'average' at best.

Callil: Sage (thunder)

We have a duplication of elemental sages in RD and PoR with her having fire along with Tormod. I would think with Ilyana being gone (as a Shaman/Druid) she would make the best thunder sage.

Tauroneo: Halb

Honestly his stats resemble that of a Halb far more than a General. Plus the extra move would make up for losing swords/axes in the other games.

Lucia: Rogue

She seems extremely 'rogue' like in story with being the head of Crimea's spies and all. Plus with the ability to steal she might replace someone like Sothe (if he actually promoted, which he should) or a non paid Volke.

Ena: White Dragon

Should be obvious enough with her massive magic stat and laughable strength one. Plus having an extra white tide would make her a shoe in for most maps, especially if she joined in P4 instead of endgame.

Edward: Mercenary -> Hero

It might not help his start much, but the idea of a "Hero" and Edward's few lines would add up well.

Meg: Fighter -> Warrior

Hear me out here. One it would improve her base strength issues (along with growths for later on), it would bring her speed down to a reasonable level once growths are modified, her skill would suffer but with forges meh, Plus her high con and general appearance would fit with what we might consider a female 'fighter' looking like.

Fiona: Draco Knight -> Draco Lord

Honestly she should have shown up promoted (lv.20/3 maybe) but at least as a flier she could help later on with things not involving combat. Her horse is more of a hindrance in part 3 while a flying mount wouldn't be.

Pelleas: Shaman -> Summoner/Necromancer

If he started out with staves and showed up in the starting chapter at base, he could be usable. Especially if when he hit third promotion that he would have been able to summon undead/NPC units to help your side. That would have made him unique and worth using since in PoR/RD dark magic lost some of it's charms.

Sanaki: Arch Sage

If she had access to staves (high enough rank for physics ideally) she would be much better. Even with her horrible base strength she would be significantly more useful in P4.

Obviously that is just FE9 and 10, but that's what came to mind first.

Edited by NTNP

Truthfully, its just a preference of mine that they provided a few mercenaries throughout the game. And we never had a female mercenary before and something about her with an axe seems interesting.
Machyua is technically a female mercenary. She's the only Myrmidon/Swordfighter that promotes to Mercenary class in FE5. (which is basically FE5's version of the hero class, they use Swords and Axes and promote from Axe Fighters; I bet FE8's Fighter class promoted to Hero or Warrior is more or less a reference to that) Edited by Mercenary Raven

The thing with Callil is that she's a reliable seige tome user in PoR with her ranks, which is a very good niche. A well rounded sage as opposed to the others, which is pretty awesome.

Giving her staffs instead of knives would be my only change to her. (Maybe B staff too :D)

Edited by monkymeet

Dancer!Meg.

YESZ.

Mia: Mercenary -> Hero

Malice says hi.

Edited by Spykitty

• 2 weeks later...

She's a Swordmaster in FE12. :mellow:

Her class was changed because IS didn't want female mercs. She was originally a Mercenary in BSFE. There's also Echidna but she's a hero. And Machua but there was no myrm/merc split in FE5, just a SM/Forrest one.