• Raven
    • Dorcas
  2. 2. Which unit...

• Oswin
    • Lowen
  3. 3. Which unit...

• Canas
    • Serra

Hello, I arena abused these characters and only have one of the three upgrade items.

Normally, i either don't use these characters or they die early on, so i really don't know who to choose.

Thanks for the help gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

edit: sorry I forgot the stats of the characters, they are all about at the averages.

Edited by Knighthawk

Canas is a better combat unit than Serra and promotion gives him no speed reduction from flux. Serra is still useful even without promotion, she can wait on promotion until later.

Raven gets axes upon promotion giving him the same utility as Dorcas (minus the bow) and generally better stats. Get more bang for your buck with raven promoted early. Promote Dorcas to make him less bad.

No comment on oswin/lowen.

I voted for the ones that are the strongest (Canas, Raven and Oswin)

but if you're going to promote them all, I'd start with the weaker ones

but yes, you should look at stats. I'm just looking at averages here.

Since the question was which one to promote, I said Raven (just better than Dorcas) Lowen (Oswin is better early, but Lowen is better later) and Canas (Serra is good, but it has nothing to do with her promoting or fighting while Canas gets a lot out of promoting)

Promote Serra. A healer that has the option of countering means she will draw less enemy phase action, and even when she does it will not be wasted, as she will at least damage the opponent if she fails to take it out. When contrasted with a combat unit that gains the ability to use shitty staves, a healer promoting to no longer gimping your enemy phase is much more favorable, IMO.

I haven't voted yet, it would be really useful if you post stats, difficulty mode and chapter, at least.

I assume you're discarding one character.

1) Raven and Dorcas: If you're in HHM, which I don't think so, have a go with Raven due to base gains. However FE is all about RNG.

2) Oswin and Lowen: I recommend Oswin. Both characters tend to grow as tanks and Oswin does the job better, better str and def caps.

3) Serra and Canas: It all depends on which other magic users you're using. Apart from it, Serra is all about spd, luck and res, and mag comes as the tail. I suppose Serra has A in staves and after promotion she'll have instant use of Shine, that comes around ch.20 if I'm not wrong; whereas Canas has only use of heal, and needs to get D in staves to use mend, which is not troublesome. But you must have in mind their stats. In the other part, Canas is a more average, but good, magic user. Between the two of them, I'd recommend Canas, Luna > Light magic. But thinking about it, you can use both of them, Canas as combat spellcaster, Serra as a support Bishop.

But I insist, try to post stats to give you a better advice.

Raven gets Axes and (I think) a better set of promotion bonuses. That's better than getting Bows.

Oswin is only better than Lowen initially, but since you went to the trouble of arena abusing both of them, Lowen is better. Both of them will have no trouble killing enemies, but Oswin's movement is always going to hold him back and he should be ditched.

Canas wants the promotion bonuses from Druid quite badly. Serra is fine sticking as a staffbot until you get the next Guiding Ring (which isn't far away, only Chapter 20).

• 4 weeks later...

Raven, because Dorcas kind of Sucks anyway.

Oswin, because there are other cavaliers and paladins other than Lowen, but for knights/generals you've got to choose between Wallace and Oswin (No contest)

Canas because it adds another staff user (mainly heals, but hey, it's still a staff user) instead of adding someone who can hardly hit anything. However, when going for efficiency, Serra, so that she wont be attacked during Enemy phase as much (as the other guy pointed out)

I'd say Raven. In the long run, he'll be doing a lot more than Dorcas will be. Just stock up on swords!

I find Oswin to be a better choice against Lowen, though I don't see why they can't both be upgraded. You'll need someone on horseback besides Eliwood. Oswin is better because he's just an absolute tank.

Canas is an absolutely amazing magic-user. Luna will be invaluable later in the game and his stats are good all around.

I´d say Raven, since I prefer swords over axes and Dorcas may have atack speed problems.

The next choice really depends on your tastes, personally I never use armor knights, and having a horseback unit can help in a lot of situations

and my next vote goes to Serra, she draws less atention to herself but still she has good avoid and can turn to be a decent unit, early leaves try to get her terrain advantage to help her avoid