emulater

The issue is roms, not emulators sev. (Though I have no idea why mentioning vba is a bad thing.)

roms get you banned while emulators and patches don't. I mean, even Vincent has given a direct link to a patch, so I'm guessing there is no real problem there.

It is a legality issue. ROMs are not allowed to be posted here because they are illegal content. Emulators themselves are not illegal. If you're using an emulator that requires, say, a BIOS file (PSX emulators for example), that BIOS file cannot be posted because you are not allowed to have a BIOS file on the computer if you do not own the actual console that file belongs to. Linking to the emulator is fine as long as the site you are linking to does not also host forbidden content, or the download is not a package containing those things.

It's not too complicated of a rule :P:.

Edited by Tangerine

It is a legality issue. ROMs are not allowed to be posted here because they are illegal content. Emulators themselves are not illegal. If you're using an emulator that requires, say, a BIOS file (PSX emulators for example), that BIOS file cannot be posted because you are not allowed to have a BIOS file on the computer if you do not own the actual console that file belongs to. Linking to the emulator is fine as long as the site you are linking to does not also host forbidden content, or the download is not a package containing those things.

It's not too complicated of a rule :P:.

AH HA. I didn't realize BIOS filed were illegal. Thanks Tangy!