Thinking about Pairings

Oreo

I was heading downstairs for some apple juice right after posting in a thread here, and I was thinking about how a few pairings would turn out. I know a lot of you here have a lot of experience with this game and I was hoping one of you at the very least could enlighten me on a few obscure pairings I suddenly thought of.

- Aira X Fin - Now, hear me out. Prayer doesn't sound like a bad idea for these kids.. plus, the skill bonus, despite probably not needed, definitely would help Lakche cap skill early. I have a feeling the children would get a lot of luck as well, and I'm very welcome to that. I quickly looked up Lakche's level 30 averages as well, and they looked pretty good to me. I remember a few capped stats, and 22 luck.

- Noish X Aideen - Lester doesn't get a Hero Bow, but with a pursuit ring I don't imagine how bad he could be. He gets crit and charge, which I could imagine go well with him. Lesters lvl30 averages are pretty good too from what I saw.. Lana would pretty much be an Aideen, but she usually gets the short side of the stick anyway.

- Beowulf X Briggid - Patty gets her oh so precious pursuit, and the charge skill to boot. Both Faval and Patty's lvl30 averages looked very good.

- Lachesis X Holyn - Lunar would get inherited, but they wouldn't get Pursuit.. I imagine this one should only be used if you've run fresh out of ideas, or if you're feeling lucky.. Delmud'd lvl30 averages were woah, and he'd make use out of a pursuit ring if you spare him one. I would only use this if a lot of the children conveniently inherited pursuit, because you usually don't want a lot of them running around without being able to double. Most Nanna's end up terrible on my runs, but she could become a fighter here.

am I going insane? or do you have any other ideas?

Edited by Oreo

am I going insane?

Yeah.

Delmud and Nanna can't inherit Luna, since they're mounted. Only Patty, Leen, Skasaher and Lakche can inherit sword skills in vanilla.

Lack of bow inheritance hurts Lester quite a bit, since he'll be stuck with an Iron one until chapter... 8?

Ayra's kids already get Pursuit and high skill, and I don't see what Prayer would really add to them. It isn't like they have Wrath or any trouble clearing the arena.

I think I've seen people defend Beowulf (or Midayle - same thing, sans C sword inheritance)/Briggid because of early Pursuit for Patty, though.

Edited by TheEnd

Weird. I didn't think a unit wouldn't inherit Lunar because they're mounted. Oh, well. That pairing would kinda suck in that case.

And yeah, Lester wouldn't get any bows.. but I've done AideenXDew before and I don't recall having too much trouble with Lester doing his job with the pursuit ring I gave him. I would imagine Dew gives better stats all around to Lester, as Noish would probably give better in strength, defense and smaller amounts in the rest.

and about Beowulf / Briggid; man, I'll have to try it.

EDIT: I checked Noish's growths, and strength / defense are both on par with Dew, and the rest are 20% to 30%; but meh. I'll take the pursuit ring, crit and charge over better growths and the useless-for-lester bargain. I'll have to add this to my try list. I imagine Lana would benefit from this if she actually gets promoted.

Edited by Oreo

The thing about Noish/Aideen is... Jamka/Aideen is pretty much just better.

And Midir/Aideen is even better than Jamka/Aideen because Midir can pass down Pursuit and Jamka can't(Pursuit is a class skill for Archers.)

Also, pairing Holin with Lachesis is a stupid idea because the kids get neither Pursuit(class skill for Mercenaries)nor Luna(only Aira's kids, Patty, and Leen can inherit Luna.) I recommend switching Brigid's and Lachesis's planned partners so Lach will end up with Beo and Brigid will end up with Holin(Patty will be able to use Brave swords this way.)

If you want an obscure pairing for Lachesis, I recommend pairing her with Azel.

As for pairing Aira with Fin, I have no comment. I'd say Lex is a better option overall. Paragon+Vantage>Prayer.

Edited by James

And Midir/Aideen is even better than Jamka/Aideen because Midir can pass down Pursuit and Jamka can't(Pursuit is a class skill for Archers.)

Not the point. Jamka/Aideen is rather similar to Noish/Aideen, but with straight weapon inheritance. I don't think this is a "best pairing" thread.

I always seem to think Jamka has Critical because of his Killer Bow, lol.

Edited by TheEnd

I actually did HolynxLachesis on my first run. There's no pursuit, but their stats were pretty good. Delmud managed with the Hero Sword, which had around 50 kills by the epilogue.

I just ran through my sixth playthrough of the game and I tried hooking up people I normally don't. I tried Aira and Fin but mostly due to the conversation that occurs if Fin is the dad of Airas children. Most likely my next one I'll hook Fin with Aideen.

yeah, thing is, I absolutely hate Lachesis - Beowulf. I always get a terrible Nanna out of it, and the Delmud really does't always end up too useful. My current run I'm still deciding my parings, though I'm working on AiraXJamka.. I'm thinking AzelXLachesis would give me a good Nanna, and I heard Delmud gets good strength and magic from it.. I'm just wondering because I can't stand some of the predestined pairings.

yeah, thing is, I absolutely hate Lachesis - Beowulf. I always get a terrible Nanna out of it, and the Delmud really does't always end up too useful. My current run I'm still deciding my parings, though I'm working on AiraXJamka.. I'm thinking AzelXLachesis would give me a good Nanna, and I heard Delmud gets good strength and magic from it.. I'm just wondering because I can't stand some of the predestined pairings.

Both pairings you're suggesting there are actually pretty good. In fact, in terms of stats and skills, Jamuka is possibly Ayra's best candidate. Kids inherit good stats growths (Jamuka's low skill growth is compensated by the minor Odo boost) and all multi-hitting skills. Awesomesauce.

As for Azel x Lachesis... Delmud won't suffer from very low strength, thanks to his Hezul blood. So that's a plus. Not to mention he gets Pursuit, can inherit up to B-rank swords (Hero Sword :D) and becomes an adequate magic sword-user. The magic boost will definitely benefit Nanna. She won't be your best staff user (stupid C-rank restriction), but she'll be a more effective healer, at the very least. And the Earth Sword will benefit from it as well.

I also really like Claude x Fury. Sety becomes a beast and Fee becomes slightly more useful due to a higher staff rank. Give the latter Finn's Hero Lance to compensate her low strength (along with a Strength Ring) and there you go. If you want to increase Fee's usefulness by a lot, go with Alec. Awareness/Nihil will save her from bow-using units, making her a more viable unit to put on the front lines. And Sety will be a beast either way, thanks to his class and the Lightning tome.

Don't know if this was mentioned but Lex+Tiltyu is pretty good. Kids will be nearly invincible with Ambush+Wrath plus easy leveling with Elite. Dew is great as a father IMO. I paired him with Ira and had a great experience with Sol and Meteor sword. Dew!Patty won't get an early Pursuit but she will get that awesome Sol with Bargain to help her purchase items to help her out, once promoted she tears shit up on the battle field.

I'm going to try Fin+Tiltyu in my next run. Pursuit+Prayer+Wrath sounds deadly.

That pairing is crazy difficult. It requires 22 turns of adjacents, so you'll need to quickly do the chapter until Orgahill, or use the jealousy system.

Tiltyu is bottom priority for Fin. So she can't use jealousy.

From here.

But if you reset the game once Fin doesn't have priority for anyone.

From here.

But if you reset the game once Fin doesn't have priority for anyone.

1st Generation (If you've never reset the game)

Fin/Dew/Beowolf/Levin Adean > Fury > Ira > Lachesis > Briggid > Other girls

See? So even if you never reset the game, Tiltyu still cannot use jealousy to produce points for Fin because all other girls match or exceed her priority.

Both pairings you're suggesting there are actually pretty good. In fact, in terms of stats and skills, Jamuka is possibly Ayra's best candidate. Kids inherit good stats growths (Jamuka's low skill growth is compensated by the minor Odo boost) and all multi-hitting skills. Awesomesauce.

As for Azel x Lachesis... Delmud won't suffer from very low strength, thanks to his Hezul blood. So that's a plus. Not to mention he gets Pursuit, can inherit up to B-rank swords (Hero Sword :D) and becomes an adequate magic sword-user. The magic boost will definitely benefit Nanna. She won't be your best staff user (stupid C-rank restriction), but she'll be a more effective healer, at the very least. And the Earth Sword will benefit from it as well.

I also really like Claude x Fury. Sety becomes a beast and Fee becomes slightly more useful due to a higher staff rank. Give the latter Finn's Hero Lance to compensate her low strength (along with a Strength Ring) and there you go. If you want to increase Fee's usefulness by a lot, go with Alec. Awareness/Nihil will save her from bow-using units, making her a more viable unit to put on the front lines. And Sety will be a beast either way, thanks to his class and the Lightning tome.

Interestlingly enough, that's exactly what I did with with Fury. And, that's good news about Lachesis. I'll definitely do something about that. I've also been thinking about LexXTiltyu. I'll try that someday.

From a draft, I've found LexxTiltyu can be devastating. Granted, Arthur needs the Pursuit Ring and ideally the magic ring, but he becomes incredible with both. I was sceptical at first but the results were good. With one magic level up, it was possible for him to tank Schmidt's squad. Tinny won't be fighting much but becomes a solid defender.

ClaudexLachesis is good if you want mobile Libro. It's a shame it destroys Delmud.

I never thought Delmud was any good. You get Celice, Aless, and Oifey so Delmud gets outclassed in swords.

The Forrest Knight is actually one of the better mounted classes. It has good caps and you get Continue upon promotion. Plus: Delmud has Charisma, which is a pretty neat skill for a front-line fighter. True, Celice and Aless are superior, but Delmud has his uses. A lot more than Oifaye, IMO.

Does anyone know if AlecxLachesis and LexxFury are any good? I'm going for pairs I don't normally do this run.

It's hard to do any wrong with Lachesis pairings. My very first run was Alec/Lachesis. The kids will be average and have pursuit.

I'm not sure what to think about Lex/Fury other than ambush might help out Phee a lot as long as she has the Hero Lance early on. She may become tanky.

Personally I'm a huge fan of Lex/Lachesis.

Personally, I think the only thing Lachesis wants is a man with pursuit. As long as Delmud gets that he's fine, and Nanna's decent regardless.

@AlecXLachesis: It makes both of them immune to Horseslayers, it's not half bad. Delmud is decent due to Hezul blood and good speed that way, even if his defense will be shaky that way.

Edited by Spykitty