Thinking about Pairings

Oreo

The Forrest Knight is actually one of the better mounted classes. It has good caps and you get Continue upon promotion. Plus: Delmud has Charisma, which is a pretty neat skill for a front-line fighter. True, Celice and Aless are superior, but Delmud has his uses. A lot more than Oifaye, IMO.

Yet Oifey already comes with decent bases, minor Baldo, and pursuit. Continue is good but it's not a guarantee skill like Pursuit so it limits the father for Delmud to Beo, Fin, Alec, Azel and Midale. The first three are similar it's only a choice of which extra skill you prefer: Charge, Prayer, or Nihil. Azel gives the kids the ability to use magic swords, great for Nanna. Midale is better off with one of the Ulir twins. Delmud being locked to swords only is also an issue. As for stat caps, Celice gets his Tierfing so thats no issue and same with Aless. Oifey is a good Mage tank due to his Res. Delmud is not bad but he's not great either.

Edited by JosefLior

That pairing is crazy difficult. It requires 22 turns of adjacents, so you'll need to quickly do the chapter until Orgahill, or use the jealousy system.

I just end up cheating and forcing a lover if I wanna pair Finn with one of the later characters... better than actually wasting a lot of effort for the same outcome.

:/

Does anyone know if AlecxLachesis and LexxFury are any good? I'm going for pairs I don't normally do this run.

AlecxLachesis isn't bad, both kids are very usable. However, it doesn't quite compare to BeowulfxLachesis. There aren't enough effective weapons or enemy skills for it to matter too much. The stats are fine though, speed and defense are a little shaky but not horrible. They don't get the mega luck they would get from Fin or Charge from Beowulf.

LexxFury is something I've only thought about in theory. It produces a pretty decent Fee, going by the numbers, although Sety suffers a little.

Fin, Beowolf, and Alec have the same speed and defense growths. Delmud and Nanna won't be any different in that area. Beowolf gives HP and Str(which doesn't matter since they will cap it due to Hezul), Fin gives Luck, and Alec is just an alternate to the other two.

Edited by JosefLior

I recently discovered Lex|Lachesis is a good pairing. Give the Pursuit Ring to whatever unit you want to use more and they get good strength and defense thanks to the Neir and Hezul blood. They also end up a good skillset (Charisma, Ambush, Elite) and end up being very helpful.

Lex/Lachesis...interesting, assuming you don't want to do another pairing that also requires the Pursuit ring.

I've done Lex/Fury. Fee was awesome. Sety is always usable (Sage bases, whoop.) but this one was not insanely awesome like the Levin and Claude ones.