[FE10] The "Does Haar Need to be Banned?" RD NM draft.

Florete

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RK I like your strategies! ^_^

Thank you!

I didn't know Lucia could be that useful i'm surprised

I kind of am as well. I drafted her almost solely for 2-2, and I didn't think she would be this helpful in Part 4

and wow Haar truly is a gem.

Yeah... Although looking at Red Fox's turncounts, I'm not quite as sure that he should be banned as I was before we started, but I'm still leaning towards the option of banning him.

Who do you consider your least useful draftee?

I assume you mean besides Kurthnaga? Although, everyone else so far has done something to save turns (or an Elincia penalty, in Volke's case), both before (well, except Volke) and during Part 4. I don't think I could really say anyone was 'least useful', since I've needed them all at one point or another.

I guess if I had to choose, I'd say Ranulf or Makalov, due to Haar and Geoffrey respectfully making them almost superfluous, so they've saved the least amount of turns so far.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Im wondering if I could've done any better with my team? Im not pleased at losing to RK by 42 turns. Soooo, restart maybe? :p I want to lose by 10 or less.

I don't know, I don't see anywhere where you could improve except for 3-1.

Here's 4-E-1, while it's still fresh in my mind. I'll finish the rest of Engame tomorrow. Predicted final turncount: 201 turns.

Lekain - 2/196 turns

Kurthnaga was BEXP to Level 30, getting 6 points of Strength and Speed so he could ORKO most of the Generals. He also gets a Satori Sign. Meg, Ilyana, Haar, Makalov and Ranulf were then capped off. I buy the Peshkatz for Sothe and give Arms Scrolls to the people who needed them to reach SS for their main weapon type.

Ike - Pass

Micaiah - Resolve, Miracle

Sothe - Stillness

Meg - Miracle, Paragon

Ilyana - Shade, Resolve, Daunt

Nailah - Nihil

Haar - Cancel, Vantage, Adept (everyone's favorite Mia set-up)

Lucia - Parity, Vantage, Celerity

Geoffrey - Paragon, Imbue, Miracle

Makalov - Pass

Ranulf - Adept, Smite

Volke - Adept, Cancel

Kurthnaga - Night Tide, Boon, Paragon, Savior

Everyone was crucial to ending this map in 2 turns, and everyone's placements were exact so that I could reach and kill all of the enemies so quickly.

Turn 1, Ike, Haar, Kurthnaga and Ranulf were Vigor'd by Rafiel, then Ike and Haar killed the Sleep staff wielders so they could not harass them. Kurthnaga killed the General 2 left of the Bolting Sage, and Ranulf moved back south and Smited Micaiah west. Micaiah, Meg, Ilyana, Lucia, Geoffrey and Makalov were responsible for clearing the west side of the map, Ilyana and Micaiah using Siege tomes to take down the General in front of Lekain. Sothe stood to the left of Rafiel and rescued him, allowing Nailah to get close enough to the center stationary General without being in range of any 2-range enemies. Volke went to deal with the southeastern Generals.

Turn 2, Haar killed a General and took Hetzel's spot, killing the rest of the Generals on the Enemy Phase. Ike killed the other Bishop and Nailah killed the General that wouldn't suicide onto him on the Enemy Phase. Lucia stood in front of Lekain and killed him thanks to Parity, allowing Makalov to take Lekain's spot and Hammer the last two Generals (killing the Tomahawk one on the Player Phase). Sothe moved next to Kurthnaga, giving Rafiel to him before killing the Bolting Sage (Geoffrey killed the Blizzard one). Kurthnaga then flew over the gap and killed the eastern Bishop, standing so that the stationary Sniper would die on the Enemy Phase. Ranulf Adepts or Rends the Brave Sword reinforcement General so that Volke could kill the Short Spear one with an Adept or crit. Lastly, Meg killed the Double Bow Sniper.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

There are way too many stationary enemies in 4-E-1...

EDIT: I've figured out the 2 turn. I had to BEXP Kurthnaga so he could ORKO Generals, but I did it.

In my efficiency playthrough, I hated having to 2 turn this map. It was a major pain dealing with all the stationary enemies with all the royals and everything (and Giffca(T) could ORKO cover generals). Nice job.

Kurth was helpful? Thats surprising to me at least ^^.

Yeah, I didn't think he would be able to do anything, but it wouldn't have been possible without him. He saved one turn, which is more than Oliver would have been able to do.

Maybe he's underrated, oh and you humiliate us even more RK ^^

I wouldn't exactly call him underrated, since I don't think he'll be saving me any more turns unless he somehow makes it possible for me to 1 turn 4-E-5 (which I doubt).

Judging from your results Kurth > Oliver at least, and he has a total of 63 might (capped) which is 1mt less than Tibarn, of course he doesn't double but like you said he saved a turn which seems alot more helpful than Oliver and maybe Bastian, Renning, and Pelleas.

He's never getting to SS Strike in a draft, so 58 is the best he'll get. 32 AS doubles all non-Swordmasters and bosses, though.

That said, it took quite a bit of resets for him to be able to get the stats he needed, so in a normal draft he probably won't be saving any turns.

Maybe not SS, but at least S would have been nice. Along with some better bases, since yeah he's not very deadly as he is right now (although 3-13 proves he is pretty intimidating).

He has A strike? Oh I thought he started with S, well thats really lame.

I've got Volke! *Ahem* I mean... here's the rest of Endgame.

The Black Knight - 1/197 turns

I start manipulating Volke, Ranulf, Nailah and Lucia's Strength and Speed for Ashera.

While Ike goes for the Black Knight with a Hammer, Ilyana and Micaiah combine of Levail for the Wishblade. Kurthnaga solos the southern enemies that attack before Zelgius to build up his kill count.

Dheginsea - 1/198 turns

I cap off Ilyana and Kurthnaga, then give another level to Lucia and Nailah. Micaiah gets my last Arms Scroll so she can use Rescue.

Blessings:

Micaiah - Rexaura

Sothe - Peshkatz

Meg - Alondite

Ilyana - Rexbolt

Haar - Urvan

Lucia - Vague Katti

Geoffrey - Wishblade

Makalov - Max might/hit Silver Axe forge

Volke - Baselard

Sanaki - Valaura (yes, I gave her an Arms Scroll)

Elincia - Wyrmslayer

Makalov kills a White Dragon so Haar can take its spot and Tomahawk the central Dragon on the ramp. Then Ike and Ilyana combine to finish it off while getting into a diamond formation with Makalov and Nailah so Rafiel can Vigor them. However, they only dealt 99 damage to Dheginsea, so Micaiah Rescued Kurthnaga so he could deal the damage I needed.

Lehran - 1/199 turns

Lucia and Nailah cap their Strength and Speed, while Volke and Ranulf get a level each.

Ike, Volke, Ranulf and Nailah move forward and are Vigor'd. Ike and Ilyana combine of the Spirit in front of Lehran, and Ranulf Rends the one behind him (thanks to Pass). Micaiah rescues Lucia so she and Volke can shove the other Spirits out of the way so Nailah could ORKO Lehran with Parity.

Ashera - 2/201 turns

Volke and Ranulf cap their Strength and Speed, then I distribute the rest of my BEXP to improve the might of the rest of my team. Elincia gets Shade and is deployed to trade Rexaura to Lehran on the first turn.

I get rid of the left and bottom center Auras on turn 1, then use the rest of my units to rescue-drop Micaiah and Rafiel onto Cover tiles. The rest of the Auras and Ashera are dispatched on turn 2. I made sure to Vigor Nailah on both turns so she could deal 60 damage to each Cover Aura once. She also had Provoke to prevent the Spirits from possibly killing anyone, and to keep them out of my way. Lehran used the Ashera Staff once before I started attacking Ashera, so no one had to be sacrificed this time.

Part 1 total: 62 turns

Part 2 total: 24 turns

Part 3 total: 79 turns

Part 4 total: 36 turns

Overall turncount: 201 turns. Final thoughts and kill counts on the way.

Edited by Radiant Kitty