What is this world coming to that a guy can't get some decent chicken from someplace close by?

My dad tells me to go get some fried chicken for dinner from Kentucky Fried Chicken. It's 96 degrees fahrenheit (35.5 degrees celsius) outside, so I get my dad's portable wagon (which was bought from Staples sometime ago) because I didn't feel like carrying food for three people. By the time I get there, I didn't recognise the building due to the lack of a KFC logo, and the building is for rent. It caught me by surprise, needless to say.

Dang it. I probably might have worked over there too. Are there any other KFC outlet closings? Or is it just a setback?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The world is going into a setback, or at least the United States is. Don't ask me to explain it. I would say it's my fault but I think I was just the straw that broke my camel's back.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson

Ya it can. It just "turned into" Kentucky Grilled Chicken. Anyway it's still a setback Fire Emblem Addict, and now we have to see if anyone can reinvent fried chicken as a chain store in a suburb/rural area near you.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson

I like Popeyes but I don't like how there's not many chains here compared to KFC >_>

Well I guess its because Popeyes is more recent than KFC and therefore had less time to expand. That being said, there are about 20 fast food restaurants within a 10 min walk from where I live (they're all there to capitalize on the fact that a lot of students like to eat fast food for lunch) so getting fried chicken is never a problem for me tongue.gif. However, I do have to exercise restraint and follow my "One fast food meal per three months" rule.

I would not call Popeyes recent in any way. I've been eating chicken there for over a decade.

That said it's way better than KFC. They use way too many spices and it doesn't cover up the fact that their chicken just isn't good. I do like the twisters, though.

Ya it can. It just "turned into" Kentucky Grilled Chicken. Anyway it's still a setback Fire Emblem Addict, and now we have to see if anyone can reinvent fried chicken as a chain store in a suburb/rural area near you.

Kentucky Fried Lies.

There's a KFC and Popeyes within walking distance where I live. And they are across the street from one another. And I rarely eat at either. >_>

That said Popeyes is definitely more appetizing to me.

This reminds of that story where a woman called 911 because the McDonalds she went to at the time were out of McNuggets.

That's hilarious.

Also I love them all. But I especially love KFC's chicken strips.

Popeyes is superior to KFC IMO.

I didn't feel like going the extra blocks just for chicken though. Especially (as mentioned) in 96 degrees fahrenheit (35 degrees celsius) weather. Edited by Elmer

That said Popeyes is definitely more appetizing to me.

Jumping on the bandwagon here.

I'm in Vegas, and they're both within walking distance from me. Popeyes is better IMHO.

I didn't feel like going the extra blocks just for chicken though. Especially (as mentioned) in 96 degrees fahrenheit (35 degrees celsius) weather.

Pfft. 96 degrees. PFFFFFFFFT.

Edited by shadowofkitty

KFC's still around the place I live in. Not like that matters to me, since I don't eat at fast food restaurants anymore.

Heat waves are nothing to me, since I walk through them when I exercise everyday.

Haha I love how the woman in the above video tried to make herself look victimized by claiming that due to Popeyes running out of chicken she will not be able to "feed her children". Perhaps one of her colleagues should introduce her to a different fast food restaurant or home cooked food?