(FE10) Another another another RD draft

Lilmik11

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. I did 100 turns less in my last draft then in the first I finished!

Exactly! Everything in life requires practice. No one is good at anything the first time (unless they're a genius/prodigy). Eventually if you keep drafting and enjoying yourself you'll be able to get more competetive turns and have more fun and enjoy the drafting experience to the fullest.

Soul''s got a point though. If u think ur gonna lose and dont give it your all to try to win, u WILL lose. It happens in anything competitive. I should know, I play offline smash tournaments. I usually see people in tournaments with a lot of potential to win but they have it in their mind that theyll lose anyway and guess what? They do >_>.

This is the point I'm trying to get to. It's pretty much the same thing I do at SSBB tournaments myself, despite being an above average player.

Besides, this is for fun, regardless if you're trying to win or not.

Didn't honestly mean to offend you, or anyone with a similiar view. It's just that I can't seem to catch what's the fun of it if you're not going to try to beat you're opponent. You can just go and play normally while you're at it, since it's pretty much the same thing. ;/

Edited by Stocking

Don't honestly mean to offend you, or anyone with a similiar view. It's just that I can't seem to catch what's the fun of it if you're not going to try to beat you're opponent. You can just go and play normally while you're at it, since it's pretty much the same thing. ;/

It's pretty much fun the same way it is to make a playthrough thread. You get to record your run and let other people see your strategies and give suggestions/critiques/accusations whatever. It helps you learn new strategies and stuff too.

Didn't honestly mean to offend you, or anyone with a similiar view. It's just that I can't seem to catch what's the fun of it if you're not going to try to beat you're opponent. You can just go and play normally while you're at it, since it's pretty much the same thing. ;/

Nah! I have a totally different play-style than effiency and drafts. Now that I got through the game a few times, I'm seriously over how almost any unit in this game is way too good. Playing regurly bores me to death, now. Drafts are challenging and fun. I wasn't offended, it takes more than that for me :)

Really good is an exaggeration. They just serve as filler. Tormod, the best one out of them, can't even qualify as that.

I would take Muarim over Tormod personally. All Tormod has on him is range and lack of gauge, while Muarim has much better stats (mostly concerned about getting them prepared for 4-4). I've never drafted Tormod, though.

Take Meg, Laura, Aran, Volug, Fiona and pickup Tauroneo sometime later in the later round and he'll have a higher turncount for the Part 3 DB chapters. Ilyana does help for Part 1 but doesn't do a single thing for the DB for Part 3 so she wouldn't be the best choice for a DB. Of course you guys can also screw me over by doing this if you guys want :)

^ implying I don't already have a plan.

I still cant figure out WHY someone would want both oscar AND boyd lol.

Because Part 1 is easier with a subpar DB than Part 3 is with a subpar GM.

Also guys, Meg, Laura, Fiona and Tauroneo are not good second round picks, so don't go grabbing them right now just to screw over Xander and Shebaba. Shore up your own weaknesses, first.

I would take Muarim over Tormod personally. All Tormod has on him is range and lack of gauge, while Muarim has much better stats (mostly concerned about getting them prepared for 4-4). I've never drafted Tormod, though.

Tormod's 2-range is enough of a reason to pick him over Muarim. Tormod already 1RKO's most enemies at range. All he's losing to Muarim is durability, but getting 3-4HKO'd isn't shabby at all. Tormod is the best character to have at 1-8 because he 1RKO's all Brigands he doubles, and he's doubling most of them. Then at 4-4, you have alot of BEXP to get Tormod to 3rd tier. He's easily better than Muarim there. Muarim needs to be at Resolve to double, and also needs to grass/heal as the turns go by.

Tormod's 2-range is enough of a reason to pick him over Muarim. Tormod already 1RKO's most enemies at range. All he's losing to Muarim is durability, but getting 3-4HKO'd isn't shabby at all. Tormod is the best character to have at 1-8 because he 1RKO's all Brigands he doubles, and he's doubling most of them. Then at 4-4, you have alot of BEXP to get Tormod to 3rd tier. He's easily better than Muarim there. Muarim needs to be at Resolve to double, and also needs to grass/heal as the turns go by.

4-4 is much more arguable here. I once BEXP'd Tormod to 2nd tier caps, promoted him, and then used both a Spirit Dust and Speedwing on him and he still had problems both doubling and 2HKOing (so he was usually 3HKOing without doubling) without even having very good durability. If Muarim doubles, by whatever means he needs (such as Resolve), he's definitely ORKOing everything there except possibly the Generals, which I'm not sure because I haven't checked, and he has much better durability.

Max Strength Muarim with A Strike 2HKO's (at worst) every enemy in 4-4 except maybe a higher-end General (I remember him being able to kill them all, though). Give him a Speedwing and a few Speed procs with BEXP (not hard with his great bases making it easy for him to hit his other caps), he doubles everything but Swordmasters. He might OHKO the Swordmasters, but I don't remember. Tormod has no wins here, even if his offense is as good as Muarim's (which I doubt).

In addition, Tormod has slight doubling and very real durability problems in 1-E, and can't get up the ledges as quickly as Muarim can. Then again, Tormod can shoot over said ledges, but I'd still say Muarim wins here.

I'd also might say that Muarim wins in 4-E unless you also draft Nasir.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Okay. 8[

But still, I wouldn't consider them really good. Just good, or simply ok. I need to try Vika sometime. Although the idea of a unit with 25% Str growth and an A strike at 4-4 doesn't comfort me. ;/ Then again, Adept and Tear are there for you.

Which day are we today?

Oh right. Thanks Rebecca although your song is still shitty :)

This means that since saturday and sunday comes afterwards, I am hoping we're going to get the picking process over during this weekend. Again, if you're going to be absent for some time, send your picks to someone!!

How hard is it to pm your picks if you're not going to be here? This is ridiculous. :facepalm:

Also, Tormod is trash for any purpose than 1-8. Soul, you should definitely take Vika in a later round though.

Edited by Xanderdog

Wow...this draft has taken so long. OMG. If someone does that in my drafts, I''d disqualify them outright. I understand life issues and all obv but HELLO, HOW HARD IS IT TO SEND A PM WITH THE NAME OF THE UNITS YOU WANT???