Disciples of Tysannir - Chapter One

theonefate

"We 'say so' because we know of the history of it, and wish to prevent naive people like you from being victims of it," Trent replied. His face now showed signs of visible annoyance, and he was fighting to keep a poker face. He then pulled out a book from the school curriculum and flipped it to the sections describing the Time of Oblivion. He then slammed it on the desk, now with a look of outright indignation no his face. "The mistakes of our ancestors nearly wiped us off the face of the planet Every single last one of us. Read the damn book!"

As Zilliana examined this tome the book itself would tell that Oblivion magic was a man-made alteration of hex magic given birth with the sacrifice of parts of the souls of the Order of the Twelve, that it wiped out its targets with forces that may or may not be from the mortal realm, and how it had a tendency to drive its users insane with overuse. Amongst the written text were pictures depicting the damage caused. Depictions of mages using Oblivion magic like a kill sat to wipe out entire towns, cities declaring martial law on these overpowered mages, combatants ripping one another apart with both magic and medieval weapons, someone similar to Trent in appearance rallying a group of people together, and entire cemeteries devoted to the victims of the Order of the Twelve, along with the percentage of humans as a whole that were wiped out.

Dean Bristrow then adopted his cool, cold demeanor once again, seeing as that's what he preferred to be known as. "If you persist in wanting to use this then I'm afraid that your schooling here must be...terminated. We are here to prevent others from using it because of the danger it poses to mankind. We are NOT here to train others in its use, which is very illegal I might add!"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zill closed the book. "I didn't want to be taught how to cast it, I wanted to know the history behind it sir, now that I understand the nature of it, I can clearly understand why it's banned. Thank you sir." Zill said, pocketing her passport and walking out of the room. Sheesh, he didn't need to flip out, I just... ugh... odd, I wonder how old he really is, cause that guy in that one pic.... oh well.

Edited by Zsword

"Hey Elizabeth...do you mind finding David? I'm going to let Zilliana know what we're planning. Let's meet up after this," Ayse remarked as he saw Zilliana walk out of the office out of the corner of his eye. It was a good thing they had remained near the door, but out of earshot. He then called out to Zilliana and looked her over for a moment after the two met.

"We could use someone to make some imprromptu weapons for tomorrow, and seeing that you seem to be a bit of a tinkerer...you can see where I'm going with this. You mind meeting up with the rest of us so we can get started?"

Err...

Ayse folded his arms as he thought to himself. He hadn't discussed with Elizabeth when and where this would take place, so it was a valid question. He decided to go with a somewhat sensible answer.

He sheepishly scratched the back of his head before he finally spoke. "Well, I figured we could all meet in the dorms at night, so there'd be little interruption and chances of being found out. We need to see if we can whip up something for tomorrow, as travelling without weapons has left us a little...weary of what's ahead. At the same time we need to make sure they don't draw attention to ourselves, seeing as we're likely going to be checked upon entering the summit."

As the order came from Ayse, a slight twitch came from Elizabeth. She was not used to taking orders from fellow classmates and it showed. Still, with a nod, she agreed to do so. Ensuring that everyone was informed was more important than petty formalities. Still...

As the day wore on, Elizabeth did look for David as best as she could, but seemed incapable of finding her. Slowly she started to eliminate the places that he could be, one by one, until she had but one place left to look. The boys dorm rooms. "By the nine circles of hell, no!" she grumbled to herself as she stood right outside the main entrance to their dorm. "I will not go in there! I will not! I can not! Ew!"

Zill stroked her chin. "That is quite the conundrum... um, so far the best thing I can think of would merely be supplements to our magical abilities... ways to enhance them, not any... real weapon-like things, I mean, nothing that would work in an a situation unless the enemy themselves were just as limited as we were." She explained to Ayse.

With his packing finished David found time to head to the pool one last time before traveling. He put on a spare pair of trunks that weren't packed, grabbed his towel, and headed out of the dorms. On the way out he noticed one of the girls from before. Elizabeth? I think that's her name...

"Uh, hey." He said casually. "Looking for someone?"

"Ah!" Elizabeth squeaked slightly as she saw the man dressed for the pool. Raising her arms to shield her vision at first, then lowering them a moment later. "Yes... Do you have to dress so... poorly?" she asked, unsure herself if she meant poorly by his wealth or in simply dressing for the pool. "But yes, I do want to speak to you, namely about the upcoming event. Ayse and I have decided it would be prudent to find some way to arm ourselves in such a manner as to evade detection so that we will not cause trouble."

Ayse let out a sigh of disappointment. The way things were right now they'd be relying on magic after all. That didn't bode well for him, seeing as he could only manipulate things indirectly instead of causing direct harm. He rubbed his head in frustration as he contemplated a plan B.

"Say...are you any good at enchanting items? That's one of the things I'm good in, and I figure we could probably enchant something mundane like a pen with limited magic, for example. Like...I could use one of the pens that accidentally squirt ink if misused and imbue it with hex magic. Or something...I feel vulnerable being this defenseless..."

He then glared at her, pointing a finger at her. "But don't you dare tell anyone I said that.

David listened intently, pondering on the girl's words. "I agree. We don't know what's going on out there." He motioned for her to follow him to his room. "Here, let me show you something that's in my room, maybe it can help." He began to walk towards his room, hoping the girl would follow.

"Y-your room?" A look of utter horror came across Elizabeth's face as the blood drained away from it leaving her looking ashen and terrified like someone who had just found out that their only way to survive was to drink a cockroach slurry. "In there... the mens dorm? Ew! Ewewew! It's entire floor is littered with clothing and low-grade food containers and has a sickening mist of gasious smells and inhuman creatures living through it all! EW!"

OOC: She basically thinks mens dorms are like Zerg Hives.

Edited by Snowy_One

"In there... the mens dorm? Ew! Ewewew! It's entire floor is littered with clothing and low-grade food containers and has a sickening mist of gasious smells and inhuman creatures living through it all! EW!"

David sighed, this girl was beginning to get on his nerves. He wasn't of the noble class but he was raised right and knew how to act in front of people. Said acting was slowly losing its power, and he was not in the mood to get angry at someone whom he'd have to be stuck with for a while. "Look," he said gruffly, "my room's clean. I clean it a lot. It's not dirty, you're not gonna get diseases, I promise. I just want to show you something." He sighed. "If you think I want to hook up, you're mistaken, you're not my type, sorry." He continued on his way, hoping this time she'd follow.

A disgusted look came over Elizabeth's face... but at last she relented. Even if she was bitten by whatever foul beings lived within the dorm the survival of the group as a whole was more important. "Very well..." she replied as she took a deep breath to hold as she followed him in, not knowing which room was his.

"So we have an agreement then? Cool. Let's go to the men's dorms. That's probably where Elizabeth went to look for David..."

Ayse had fanned his hand in a come hither motion. Now that they had some kind of idea what they could make it would be best to meet up with the others. That is, if Elizabeth found David by now...

David unlocked his door and was relieved to see Elizabeth following him this time. He rummaged through his closet until he found what he was looking for. He took out his gauntlets and presented them to her. "I use these for hand-to-hand combat and they work very well." Putting them on, he wiggled his fingers and did a few air punches to show her what they were like in combat. The sound of the metal tearing through the air was frightening. "I'd like, if anything, to make something like these; a bit less noticeable, obviously, but these would come in handy. For the other three of you as well." He took them off and handed them to Elizabeth. "Interested in trying?"

Elizabeth took the gauntlets, feeling their weight in their hands. They were heavy, probably about the same or slightly less than her sword, but more importantly their weight was distributed differently. Carefully sliding her hands inside, she tried to take a light swing with one, only for it to come out horribly lopsided and unbalanced. "I do not use these weapons. They are unfamiliar to me." she said, trying to not sound like a alien in a old T.V. show confronted with a strange piece of tech. "I can't seem to understand their weight and... Well... More importantly, they are metal. There will be metal detectors. How will you get them past those?"

David sighed, clearly not everyone could use them. "Well, I'm not planning on bringing these. Makeshift ones that can slip by security would be nice though." He put the gauntlets away and sat on his bed, studying them and the things around in his room.

"You are lucky at least. Crafting a replacement out of wood won't be hard and you can get something reasonably close. Without my sword I'm little more than a girl in a school dress that can hurt you if she's near a water fountain."

The two began walking to the men's dorms together, with Ayse leading her along. He stayed in them after all. While walking together he decided to ask Zilliana about herself; they'd be travelling together so it would be good to establish themselves early. He decided to keep things strictly school-related for the time being however. Mo need to pry, besides, they would get to the dorms quickly from their current location in the university.

"Well, seeing as we're going to be heading to the summit together why don't you tell me a little about yourself, Zilliana? I heard you're more of along the lines of new blood amongst us..."

The conversation between the two didn't reveal much. She was a newbie indeed mainly here because of the potential she showed. He divulged the fact that this was his last year in the curriculum, and that his finals were coming up very soon. He shook his head as he thought to himself why the group was assigned the way they were. It didn't make sense...

---

At the dorms Ayse had to knock on several doors to finally get pointed in the right direction of David's room. Many a student quirked an eyebrow when they seen Zilliana with Ayse; they probably figured the two to be seeing each other. Ayse shook his head at this thought as he finally was in front of the door leading to David's room. He then knocked forcefully on the door three times.

"Yo! Anyone in there?"

Edited by theonefate

At the sound of the knocking on the door, Elizabeth seemed to jump off the ground a good half-inch in sheer startle. "Ummm... Yes. Please, come in!" she said, her voice nervous and scared. Was this some strange male ritual? Would they be drinking copious amounts of beer and getting drunk like sluggards if she opened the door? As she opened it to see Ayse, however, she was noticeably releaved.

"Ayse. Whew. I thought you were some dorm beer ritualist." she said as she opened the door. If Ayse was here, it was likely about the trip.

"...Hopefully your combat blows sting more than your wit," Ayse retorted as he rolled his eyes before walking in. This was going to be a long trip, he mused as he shut the door behind Zilliana. Now that everyone was here they could get down to business. He popped his knuckles for a moment as he leaned against a wall, contemplating what to say. He wasn't exactly fond of public speaking, but at the moment he was seeming like a leader so he had to roll with it.

"Okay. Despite the fact that we're going to a peace conference essentially we still feel unnerved without having weapons. BUT we can't carry any noticable ones to the summit lest we cause trouble. So, we're going to be either using mundane items enchanted with magic or put weaker and longer lasting ones on clothing-type items. This doesn't have to be our only course of action; if any of you have ideas you would find that would work well in our situation feel free to speak up."

Zill found a nice little place to sit in the room and waited for someone else to speak up... she didn't exactly have any ideas, she was just kinda there cause she was chosen... she was still uncertain as to why she was chosen...