Something I'm wondering about Brands

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In POR, Stefan said his mark was on his forehead.

Mordecai:

You are one of the Branded.

You are the child of beorc and laguz.

Stefan:

I believe so, at least.

My proof is this mark upon my forehead.

Edited by Dily

In POR, Stefan said his mark was on his forehead.

I knew it! I remembered something vaguely in the back of my head that Stefan would contradict Lyle's theory.

but they can't be random.

*thinks of reason why*

:blink:

Could be random

*A Branded wakes up one morning and during his shower notices a strange marking in a certain area.*

lol, "Can I see your brand?"

"Uhh.....Are you legal yet?"

"What?!"

Lol.

"Hey, can I see your brand?"

"GASP!!! *Slaps him.* How DARE you! You know that it's on my nipples!!!"

....Okay that was kinda a strech but the joke remains applicable!

Lol.

"Hey, can I see your brand?"

"GASP!!! *Slaps him.* How DARE you! You know that it's on my nipples!!!"

....Okay that was kinda a strech but the joke remains applicable!

it can't be random for that reason or the said person having sex

Male: you ready

Female: nice ball tat

Man: that isn't a tat

*femal leaves*

Could be random

*A Branded wakes up one morning and during his shower notices a strange marking in a certain area.*

i think that they are born with the brand, because as far as soren remembers, he's always had the brand, and almedah believed that Pelleas was his son because of the mark on his forehead

Wait, wasn't Petrine Raven branded?

i believe this is true. i don't remember if it was stated, but she certainly has more in common with the raven than with the beast (you know, the dark hair, the kinda evil personality, etc.)

New theory.

Descendants of powerful laguz royals have a brand on their forehead. (Soren, Stefan)

Non-royal descendant Branded have a brand elsewhere.

Ah. Interesting.

Wait! Was Lerahn a royal? Cause the Apostles would disprove that theory.

I find that hard to believe, but maybe. At any rate I don't think the royal family showed up until a while after him. So he still wasn't royal.

Well it's a harder theory to prove or disprove, but it's plausable.

The Heron Royals are descended from Lehran, so I'm pretty sure that Lehran himself was a Heron Royal.

Anyway, regarding Stefan's Brand... none of the pictures show it. Like Pelleas, he wears his bangs over his mark.

Something has bothered me about the Branded, though, and here I'm probably going off on a tangent... According to Stefan's conversation with Micaiah, Laguz have an instinct for sensing Branded. But Soren and Stefan had been in the company of Laguz for most of Path of Radiance, and most of them didn't know--or didn't care--that they were Branded. Nasir probably recognized Soren, but Mordecai didn't recognize Stefan, and probably neither did Lethe. Mordecai didn't even feel uneasy around Stefan the way Vika felt around Micaiah.

The Heron Royals are descended from Lehran, so I'm pretty sure that Lehran himself was a Heron Royal.

Anyway, regarding Stefan's Brand... none of the pictures show it. Like Pelleas, he wears his bangs over his mark.

Something has bothered me about the Branded, though, and here I'm probably going off on a tangent... According to Stefan's conversation with Micaiah, Laguz have an instinct for sensing Branded. But Soren and Stefan had been in the company of Laguz for most of Path of Radiance, and most of them didn't know--or didn't care--that they were Branded. Nasir probably recognized Soren, but Mordecai didn't recognize Stefan, and probably neither did Lethe. Mordecai didn't even feel uneasy around Stefan the way Vika felt around Micaiah.

Well Mordecai is too dense to really realize it,

Ranulf did realize it about Soren but never outwardly said: You're branded,

Maurim considers everyone superior to him,

Lethe didn't really like anyone,

And the hawk dudes never really had any screen time with Soren.

I don't think Mordecai's that stupid. I think he probably could tell, but he's one of the most racially tolerant of all the laguz, so he didn't care.

Lethe and Soren hate each other anyway.

Ranulf knew that it would probably be a bad idea to say anything, especially since they all needed Soren.

Muarim...Idk why he didn't say anything. He probably also knew it was a bad idea.

Also, I think that some laguz can sense the Brand better than others. It would make a lot of sense. Either that or some Branded are better at hiding it than others. There's also the possibility that some of the laguz didn't know to associate their unease or seeming innate dislike of a person with Brandedness.

As for Lehran being a royal, I maintain that he wasn't. The royal family developed further down the heron family tree. Just because Lehran was their ancestor didn't make him royal.