Hard Mode Suggestions

Kieran

Marcia

Oscar Boyd and Rolf

Mia/Zihark

Mist

Jill

Soren

For the final chapter, you'll want to choose Griffca. Everyone should be completely out of Ashnard's range, and give Ike as many Elixirs as he can take.

PoR HM isn't really that hard, with the exception of Ashnard.

Final Chapter can get irritating at points considering AS tends to be average 18-19, they have decent amounts of accuracy and there are enemies with skills (I've seen a Resolve somewhere, a Wrath elsewhere and random Vantage users).

My roster looks like this so far. Only using 11 out 14 you can use.

Ike

Mist

Boyd

Oscar

Rolf

Mia

Zihark

Stephan

Modercia

Ilyana

Nasir or ena (who ever i get at the end)

One of the kings idk yet.

Also i love hard mode because more enemies is amazing. i was getting bored lol

Edited by agility

I'd recommend dropping Rolf, personally; he requires too much resources to really be usable at all and the fact remains that he's forever locked to 2-range and lacks an enemy phase.

Honestly it doesn´t matter who you level up (as long as you don´t try leveling up everyone, obviously). Hard mode is not that difficult, and if you train Ike to level 20 or use one of the Laguz nobles, defeating Ashnard should not be so hard. Just make sure you have a long range healer to heal, such as Mist, Elincia, or one of the sages.

Besides, isn´t the point of Fire Emblem (besides winning) to have fun?

Honestly it doesn´t matter who you level up (as long as you don´t try leveling up everyone, obviously). Hard mode is not that difficult, and if you train Ike to level 20 or use one of the Laguz nobles, defeating Ashnard should not be so hard. Just make sure you have a long range healer to heal, such as Mist, Elincia, or one of the sages.

Besides, isn´t the point of Fire Emblem (besides winning) to have fun?

more or less yeah.

but on topic, no playthough is complete without Astrid/Makalov A support tearing up enemies.

I'd recommend dropping Rolf, personally; he requires too much resources to really be usable at all and the fact remains that he's forever locked to 2-range and lacks an enemy phase.

I beg to differ. If someone is using Boyd and Oscar, Rolf is the final unit for a triangle attack. Shinon might be better stat-wise, but he has much less availability, plus you need to bring Rolf into the chapter to recruit him anyway.

My main point is that I would either use all three, or none of them.

As for skills at endgame, I've seen Deadeye, I'm pretty sure.

The Triangle Attack isn't needed for either Boyd or Oscar to be effective. Besides, choosing bows over axes or even swords for Oscar just for a nice, flashy triangle attack is probably not the best decision either.

Not using Boyd or Oscar just because you're not using Rolf for the triangle attack is silly, as you'd be denying yourself two veritable killing machines that you get almost from the onset of the game.

Oscar's better off rushing ahead with his high movement than staying back with Boyd and Rolf. It's really hard to find a convenient time to use the triangle attack and its nothing but a flashy critical anyway.

Units to use? If it's on a horse, wyvern, or pegasus, go for it. The unit in question should arrive hopefully before Ike promotes. As for other units to use, I generally like to use Boyd and Nephenee as well. I hear that Mia and Zihark can also be good choices. As for mages, I use Calill when she becomes available. Sure, pre-promote and all that, but I find her to be very useful. The only laguz that you should really use is one of the Royals and Reyson. I don't like using Laguz just because of the gauge and just a general dislike for them. Healing should be done by Mist. Elincia comes way too late for my liking, and Rhys is slow and weak.

Also, once your characters gain the ability to take multiple hits, blitz your mounted units forward, with one of them preferably holding Ike, and have your foot units clean up.

If it were me, my line up would be as follows.

1. Ike

2. Titania

3. Boyd

4. Oscar

5. Marcia

6. Mist

7. Kieran

8. Nephenee

9. Jill

10. Astrid

11. Makalov

12. Reyson

13. Calill

14. Nasir/Ena

15. Tibarn/Giffca *I picked Tibarn for the added MOV, and because he's smexy cool.

If you're talking about the Growth manipulation, then no. The bands in Random mode work exactly as you would think they do. They increase the your chance of a stat rising.

The only BEXP Manipulation I know of in PoR RM is the one where you give 1 BEXP at a time to conserve your BEXP. Dumping BEXP costs more than giving it to them one by one. Although, raising a Makalov or an Astrid five levels would be tiring.

Not quite 1 at a time.

01/--:  4 EXP (3 BEXP) (Saves 10 BEXP/level)
02/--:  ?
03/--:  ?
04/--:  ?
05/--:  8 EXP (7 BEXP) (Saves 5 BEXP/level)
06/--:  11 EXP (10 BEXP) (Saves 4 BEXP/level)
07/--:  21 EXP (20 BEXP) (Saves 2 BEXP/level)
08/--:  100 EXP (100 BEXP)
09/--:  19 EXP (19 BEXP) (Saves 3 BEXP/level)
10/--:  9 EXP (9 BEXP) (Saves 5 BEXP/level)
11/--:  1 EXP (1 BEXP) (Saves 8  BEXP/level)
12/--:  4 EXP (4 BEXP) (Saves 11 BEXP/level)
13/--:  1 EXP (1 BEXP) (Saves 14 BEXP/level)
14/--:  1 EXP (1 BEXP) (Saves 17 BEXP/level)
15/--:  1 EXP (1 BEXP) (Saves 21 BEXP/level)
16/--:  1 EXP (1 BEXP) (Saves 25 BEXP/level)
17/--:  1 EXP (1 BEXP) (Saves 29 BEXP/level)
18/--:  1 EXP (1 BEXP) (Saves 33 BEXP/level)
19/--:  1 EXP (1 BEXP) (Saves 38 BEXP/level)
20/--:  1 EXP (1 BEXP) (Saves 43 BEXP/level)
--/01:  1 EXP (1 BEXP) (Saves 47 BEXP/level)
--/02:  12 EXP (18 BEXP) (Saves 4 BEXP/level)
--/03:  4 EXP (6 BEXP) (Saves 10 BEXP/level)
--/04:  2 EXP (3 BEXP) (Saves 17 BEXP/level)
--/05:  2 EXP (3 BEXP) (Saves 24 BEXP/level)
--/06:  3 EXP (5 BEXP) (Saves 15 BEXP/level)
--/07:  6 EXP (11 BEXP) (Saves 6 BEXP/level)
--/08:  100 EXP (200 BEXP)
--/09:  4 EXP (8 BEXP) (Saves 11 BEXP/level)
--/10:  2 EXP (4 BEXP) (Saves 22 BEXP/level)
--/11:  1 EXP (2 BEXP) (Saves 35 BEXP/level)
--/12:  100 EXP (250 BEXP)
--/13:  2 EXP (5 BEXP) (Saves 17 BEXP/level)
--/14:  4 EXP (11 BEXP) (Saves 11 BEXP/level)
--/15:  6 EXP (18 BEXP) (Saves 8 BEXP/level)
--/16:  1 EXP (3 BEXP) (Saves 33 BEXP/level)
--/17:  2 EXP (7 BEXP) (Saves 14 BEXP/level)
--/18:  100 EXP (400 BEXP)
--/19:  1 EXP (4 BEXP) (Saves 44 BEXP/level)

For levels 02/-- to 04/--, I don't know the amounts that would optimize usage.

For levels 11/-- and 13/-- to 18/--, I'm sure you can actually increase BEXP by greater intervals but I'm not sure what those intervals are. But I know you can do it 1 at a time and maximize BEXP usage.

I wouldn't recommend it, especially since you can BEXP abuse stat gains in fixed mode pretty easily and bands (on top of weapons) help elevate you from 40 or 45% to the 50% needed to abuse stat gains.