FE6 Battle Preparations inserting

luigi bros

I want to insert the battle preparations screen into every chapter except 1 in FE6. How do I do this? I've extensively searched the Internet and it seems as if it's so obvious it doesn't even need to be said. If anyone here knows please tell me.

IIRC you have to change it in the Chapter Data Editor as well as disasemble the opening event and change it to end with ENDB instead of ENDA. The latter part might be unnecessary though, so I'd check the Chapter Data Editor and try that first (there should be a byte that controls whether BP are on or not).

IIRC you have to change it in the Chapter Data Editor as well as disasemble the opening event and change it to end with ENDB instead of ENDA. The latter part might be unnecessary though, so I'd check the Chapter Data Editor and try that first (there should be a byte that controls whether BP are on or not).

Thank you!

Where would I see that Byte? I can't see anything. If it is there what should it say, or at least look like?

If it is the second how would I do that? I don't see anything in Nightmare.

Edited by luigi bros

Is that a seperate program? If so where can I find it?

Edit: From Nintendlord's list of programs:

Event assembler

Newest version: V 8.5

-Supports FE7, FE8 and FE6 in varying amounts. FE6 and FE7 support is nearly complete.

-Can both assemble and disassemble event codes.

Is this it?

Also how do I use it?

I'm so bad at this

Edited by luigi bros

Go into Nightmare and open the Event Data Pointer Table (It should be called something like that). Then copy the offset, bar the '0x' and the '8' (So if it's 0x80000000, you only copy 0000000). Then paste that offset into EA, specify the text file you want the events in (The .txt file must exist before hand), and hit 'Disassemble'. Then open the text file, and at the end of the ending events, there should be an END(x) code, which should be one of the 2 codes Blazer mentioned (ENDA and ENDB). Since the chapter you disassembled didn't have the prep screen, you'd change the END(x) code to it's inverse (i.e. ENDB --> ENDA). Save the text file and then hit 'Assemble' in EA. That should be it.

Thank you! I don't have Event Data Pointer Table. I have Chapter Data and Event Reference. Both are modules.

Also EA (that's the thing I linked to right?) freezes every time I click assemble or disassemble. Is there an alternative? Also do I need to create the .txt files or do they come with it? If so what is it called.

Sorry for asking so many questions but I know so little.

Create a notepad file called 'asdf.txt'. Select it. Do everything Joe just said.

Thanks. Assuming I'm looking at the right Module, all I see are 0s in the offset. I'm using Nightmare 2 if that matters.

I managed to disassemble the ROM, using the scripts it provided. I edited all the parts that say ENDA and changed it to ENDB, and only those parts, but nothing happened.

Actually that be a fault on my part.

Looking through the language file, it seems the ENDB doesn't exist in FE6. Try referencing later chapters at the end of the starting events(Again fault on my part).

Would I modify the previous chapter though?

As in to insert it into Chapter 3, would I modify the ending event of 2 or of 3. I'd imagine 2 but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Someone please help me. Sorry for the double post, but I'm ready to rip my hair out over this.

Where specifically should I change the event data for the battle preparations screen? I've carefully analyzed it many many times, and yet nothing I do seems to effect it. I know it's possible, but how?